“Intimate place, good food... allergy aware!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Continental
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clarkson Road North
Transit: Mississauga Transit stops at the corner of Lakeshore Rd. W. and Clarkson Rd. N. The Clarkson GO Train station is a 10 minute walk.
Description: Established in 1981, Michael"s Back Door Restaurant has been providing Mississauga and the GTA with award winning cuisine and professional, courteous service, in a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Principle owners, Michael Morra and his son Michael Jr, along with partners, executive chef Stephan Waespi and Mario Della Savia, invite you to experience creative Italian, Continental fare offering the freshest ingredients and a variety of rare wines. Whether you are looking for a quick, casual meal, a romantic night out or a group dinner, Michael's Back Door has the perfect "OpenTable" for you.
Mississauga, Canada
“Intimate place, good food... allergy aware!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went to this recently with my fiance to celebrate a special occasion. The waiter was great, food was quite good, we will definately be back!

For food allergy people: I am one, and ate confidently there, without issue... perhaps this is what I have been looking for? A fine dining restaurant that doesn't make me feel like a liability.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nice place for a night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just had a nice evening at this restaurant with two other couples. We get together a few times a year so we really enjoy a place that doesn't hurry you through your meal, this place was great for that. The only drawback was the noise level. There were several large parties and the noise level was very high. We all chose the anniversary special which was a 3 course fixed price menu. Our waiter didn't seem that impressed with our choices but hey we were there to socialize and not spend a small fortune. The appetizers were great ( Ceaser salad, or Shrimp Bisque), main course was tasty and well presented, however the dessert was a big let down. The Chocolate cheese cake was not chocolaty or cheesy, it was like a very light milk chocolate mouse cake and the creme caramel was to much like custard gelatin. I was glad that they had decaf cappuccinos but was disappointed with the small size, espresso size with just a little milk foam. I would go back as the food was good value for what we paid, just don't bother with dessert.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Very dated, basic food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place needs a reno, big-time!
Food was so-so. Nothing exciting, and certainly not worth returning to. My waiter brought my soup with his finger in it, while carrying it to the table.
The restrooms were very dated, and not well maintained.
Will not return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, ON
“Service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We are so happy that we held our daughter's baptism at Michael's Back Door. It was a great afternoon with kind staff and great food. The owners made planning the event so easy and enjoyable, and our guests are still talking about our excellent choice of locations.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“amazing birthday celebration!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

wow!! what a great restaurant. I don't often get out to the burbs to dine but this was well worth the trip from Toronto. We were celebrating my moms 94th birthday and it was simply perfect. The waiter was excellent. Period. He was very efficient, attentive , and organized. He made excellent dinner suggestions and accommodated our fussing with total professionalism.
The last time we were here our waiter badgered us into buying a more expensive wine which really turned me off.
The food was divine. The chef is obviously well-seasoned and since we were a group of nine I thought there would be a hiccup or two, but perfect.
Dining should be this worry-free but I'm disappointed when I eat out more often than not!

Visited August 2013