“Good and Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6791 Hurontario St, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2W1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Cary, North Carolina
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed at a Staybridge Suites in Las Vegas recently and it was really nice. So I was excited to stay at another in Mississauga. Unfortunately, I was disappointed, but I have to say that many of the things that disappointed me would not be an issue for everyone. Overall it was pretty average. I ended up leaving 2 days early, but I don't want to make it out as horrible. I just needed something else. Read below.

Check in/service - painless and quick. I wish I got the name of the woman working at reception because she was really nice, helpful and friendly. I was welcomed as a Priority Club gold member (something they're supposed to do, but often don't), not that its a big deal. Surprisingly when I checked out 2 days early, no one even asked why I was leaving early. Wouldn't you think they'd ask?

Room - The room was big and basically clean, but there were some age issues. They are all suites and have fully equipped kitchens. Mine was fine and had everything you could need. The TV was a good size flat screen (not huge), but it was in a cabinet that made it hard to watch from the bed (if you like to do that).

Bed - always deserves its own section since this is one of the main reasons you're here. It was very average. I personally didn't like the soft or firm pillows. The bedding was fairly cheep and light weight and the mattress was hotel-average. Definitely nothing I was excited about.

Bathroom - good shower pressure, somewhat nicer shower (fake stone, but better than the really cheap fake tile you see sometimes). Amenities look nice, but really aren't. Same ones I had in Las Vegas.

Internet - since I was on business and use my computer a lot, this is key to me. Unfortunately it didn't work well for me, but it is probably an issue pretty specific to me. I couldn't get online, but couldn't get to my company email. I know why, but I won't bore everyone with the technical details. I asked the front desk and they very helpfully called a support number (twice) and waited on hold before transferring the call to me, but the support couldn't help. Since I was supposed to be here for 3 nights, this was a problem.

Fitness room - the bike was practically falling apart, but the treadmills seemed fine. Fairly small and uncomfortably warm (AC was set to 66, but it didn't seem to matter). No water, only fountain. I didn't use the pool, but i could see it and its small.

Common areas - as one reviewer write, it was somewhat dirty. There is a FREE laudnry room (washers and dryers) which I like a lot since I exercise and don't want stinky clothes in my room or suitcase. Two different exterior doors didn't work right.

Breakfast buffet - Poor. Juice machine broken, hardly any selection, out of oatmeal, out of brown sugar, nothing looked appetizing. This was kind of the last straw for me.

So after all this (internet problems, poor breakfast, poor fitness room), I decided I would change hotels. I was really glad I did because the place I moved to was great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed at the hotel with a child in a wheelchair.
The wheelchair suite was set up nicely for my sons needs.
WiFi did not work in our room because the signal did not reach the room.
The wheelchair room was located at back of the hotel but wheelchair access was at front of the hotel.
We stayed a week the service and room cleaning were good.
The only complaint would be the suppers offered during the week were terrible. One meal we waited for the main dish to be availabe(salsbury steak). It was served still frozen in the middle.
For the price the stay was overall a good experince.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Nice big sitting room, kitchenette, comfortable bed -- you get plenty for your money including breakfast, free parking, internet and laundry. There is also a gym and pool which we didn't have time to use. On an industrial estate (not a scenic setting) but quiet. We had originally booked for three nights on a non alterable tariff but when Air Canada changed our flight our booking was changed with no fuss to just two nights. If you need to be in this part of Missassauga the Staybridge is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed in this hotel when my husband was working around this area!We stayed about 4 weeks.The staff works in the front desk,lobby and the manager are really friendly and nice.The room is big,has tv in the bedroom as well.Kitchen is also nice,has all kinds of stuff when you want to cook a simple meal,they also has free dinner on every Tuesday to Thursday night(5.30-7.30P.M),if you just want a simple meal,that's the right place,food are really so so.The breakfast is ok,pretty much has the same food every day during my stay for 4 weeks.
The bad things about this hotel is the room service probably was the worst of all the hotels I have stayed over the north america.The maid seems very lazy,they just change your towels and make your bed,they don't clean the tub,the toilet,doesn't vacumm,dusting(the entertaiment unit is full of dust,disgusting)until you asked them to,but seems like they are not willing to do these jobs at all,also some of them don't speak english very well.There are foods in the hall way all over the hotel floors.1 or 2 time,only had cold water when I had a shower.The drain of the tub stucked,they fixed it,but still not working well.
Overall,not the best,not the worst either,but it is hard for me to say if we will ever come back to this hotel or not.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stayed here for 1/2 of one night in the summer of 2008. Lovely room, great decor, wonderful staff everything was fabulous! During my blissful sleep I woke to use the facilities and thankfully I had my bedside light on because when I returned to the bed I realized I was not alone. Bed bugs of various sizes which means at various stages of life had been biting me while I slept. Once I realized what had been happening, I saw several bites all over me but it wasn't til about 10 days later that ALL the bites appeared. Everwhere that pajames did not touch was completely covered in bites. My legs, arms, sides and face. I was shaken by the whole thing and left @ 3:00 a.m. to a different hotel. It was not til I returned home that I called the management who did offer me free nights stays - but, no thank you. They did acknowledge the problem and said they were addressing it so - hopefully all the wonderful reviews they got since then means that they got the problem under control. You can hardly blame them, it is a widespread problem but I wouldn't want anyone else, especially those travelling with kids, to encounter this.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I was overnighting on my way home from Newfoundland .. on the way out I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Ambler Dr. and wrote a review on that as well ... (Staybridge is much more preferred)

As the G20 was in the city it was near impossible to get a hotel and I found the Staybridge on Hurontario in Mississauga ... the only downside is, there is no complimentary shuttle (taxi is $35.00 to Pearson airport and takes about 20 mins) however the complimentary breakfast more than makes up for it ... the restaurant is very sunny and bright ..

When I arrived, Paul Sutton the general manager came out and assisted me with my bags and checked me in .. the front desk staff are more than helpful and very friendly ... they had given me a Priority Club membership when I phoned and I was entitled then to a late check out .. there was a mixup in my room and they reduced my bill significantly to make up for their error which was most kind of them ...

I wanted to find the nearest Starbucks which was at Square One mall (this was the easiest one to get to by bus, however if one is driving there is a closer one on Hurontario and Brittania) .. I ended up taking a bus from across the road directly to Square One .. fabulous mall .. returned to the hotel on the bus with a transfer .. a direct route, one bus, no missing Square One mall ...

Their complimentary breakfast is more than adequate ... they have everything from hot food to cold cereal, oatmeal already prepared, toast, bagels, even a waffle maker with prepared cups of batter .... I am not sure if they are a restaurant or just a place to serve breakfast, however there is a restaurant attached to the hotel. The night I arrived they were serving hamburgers at the hotel!!

The hotel is very clean, I had a one bedroom suite with a king bed and a kitchen, microwave and large fridge .. extremely clean and comfortable .. I'm not sure if it had a sofa bed ... wonderful for a couple but not suitable for a family as the bathroom was off the bedroom and there was no door on the bedroom ... only down side was, it was equipped for handicapped so the shower was a walk in, floor level which meant the floor got quite wet from the shower ... had to mop it up with the mat afterwards :( ... small price to pay for a great room in a lovely hotel.

Hurontario is a very busy road but I noticed absolutely no noise in spite of being at the front of the hotel on the ground floor ...

There is a Montana's restaurant about a 10 min walk, also various restaurants in that same complex .. in the other direction there is a Tim Horton's and a Wendy's ...

They have a business center and fitness room, also a laundry for guest use on each floor with clean modern machines ... there are four floors to the hotel.

A truly wonderful hotel with great staff and just a great experience .. I would stay here again ..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Everything was just nice-
great suite,good housekeeping, very nice complimentary breakfast--

can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga? Share your experiences!