I stayed at a Staybridge Suites in Las Vegas recently and it was really nice. So I was excited to stay at another in Mississauga. Unfortunately, I was disappointed, but I have to say that many of the things that disappointed me would not be an issue for everyone. Overall it was pretty average. I ended up leaving 2 days early, but I don't want to make it out as horrible. I just needed something else. Read below.
Check in/service - painless and quick. I wish I got the name of the woman working at reception because she was really nice, helpful and friendly. I was welcomed as a Priority Club gold member (something they're supposed to do, but often don't), not that its a big deal. Surprisingly when I checked out 2 days early, no one even asked why I was leaving early. Wouldn't you think they'd ask?
Room - The room was big and basically clean, but there were some age issues. They are all suites and have fully equipped kitchens. Mine was fine and had everything you could need. The TV was a good size flat screen (not huge), but it was in a cabinet that made it hard to watch from the bed (if you like to do that).
Bed - always deserves its own section since this is one of the main reasons you're here. It was very average. I personally didn't like the soft or firm pillows. The bedding was fairly cheep and light weight and the mattress was hotel-average. Definitely nothing I was excited about.
Bathroom - good shower pressure, somewhat nicer shower (fake stone, but better than the really cheap fake tile you see sometimes). Amenities look nice, but really aren't. Same ones I had in Las Vegas.
Internet - since I was on business and use my computer a lot, this is key to me. Unfortunately it didn't work well for me, but it is probably an issue pretty specific to me. I couldn't get online, but couldn't get to my company email. I know why, but I won't bore everyone with the technical details. I asked the front desk and they very helpfully called a support number (twice) and waited on hold before transferring the call to me, but the support couldn't help. Since I was supposed to be here for 3 nights, this was a problem.
Fitness room - the bike was practically falling apart, but the treadmills seemed fine. Fairly small and uncomfortably warm (AC was set to 66, but it didn't seem to matter). No water, only fountain. I didn't use the pool, but i could see it and its small.
Common areas - as one reviewer write, it was somewhat dirty. There is a FREE laudnry room (washers and dryers) which I like a lot since I exercise and don't want stinky clothes in my room or suitcase. Two different exterior doors didn't work right.
Breakfast buffet - Poor. Juice machine broken, hardly any selection, out of oatmeal, out of brown sugar, nothing looked appetizing. This was kind of the last straw for me.
So after all this (internet problems, poor breakfast, poor fitness room), I decided I would change hotels. I was really glad I did because the place I moved to was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga is located on Hurontario street; minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport. Staybridge Suites Mississauga offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel offers apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens with Full Fridge,Microwave,Dishwasher,Stove, Toaster, Coffee maker.42 inch LED TV with DVD Player, free wired & wireless Internet and direct dial phone number with personalized voicemail. Other features include 24-hour business center with free Internet, free laundry facilities, fitness center, indoor pool, Hot Buffet Breakfast & evening Socials receptions (Tuesday - Thursday).Staybridge Suites offers near proximity to the Hershey Center, Iceland Arena, Powerade Center, Mississauga Convention Center, Square One Mall & is within a few minutes drive to major corporations.Staybridge Suites is a member of IHG REWARD CLUB & the IHG family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn (Express), Crowne Plaza, Indigo & Candlewood Suites Hotels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga Hotel Mississauga
- Staybridge Suites Mississauga
- Staybridge Suites Toronto Mississauga Ontario