“February 28/13” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Leamington
“February 28/13”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I come to this hotel on the average of 10 times a year. It is progressively getting less attractive for me each time. The odour inside the hotel and rooms for some reason is stronger than in the beginning. When staying 2 nights, I have experienced not having coffee in the room on the second morning. I will say that the care for clean washrooms appears to be top notch to me, (except the public washroom) I do like to come to swim but the water is too cold for me, so I don't. Now I do not get my breakfast voucher until I go for breakfast in the morning (instead of apon arrival) but no one is able to tell me why. Wyndam is running a new rewards program and there is lots of signage in the lobby but when I asked for details the evening clerk and morning clerk had no idea of what I was talking about so I looked it up on the website myself for details.
Why do I come back? Strickly the price. It is affordable for my business trip.
thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. I will talk to my Head housekeeper and solve this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Mississauga Super 8 for a week and I had a bad experience. I was not impressed by the service or quality of the rooms. For someone who is a non-smoker, the room smelled as if it was previously a smoking room. I was trapped in their elevator for over an hour and management staff never apologized or offered compensation for the inconvenience I endured. I tried to contact their customer service office via email and mail and have yet to receive a response to my complaints.
I observed a family being given room keys for a room already occupied by another person. The family of four returned to the front desk unimpressed about the mix up. The television in my room was an old tube television and the bed was uncomfortable. I was supposed to stay five (5) weeks, but I cut my stay short after one week due to the poor conditions and my bad experiences. I am one dissatisfied client and do not plan on returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry for you being stuck in the elevator. There was a total blackout in our area and we called the elevator company right away. We also called the Fire Department but they said they would only help if it is a medical emergency. The electricity came back within 2 hours.
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Once again, Awesome stay!!!! Great weekend price... Great staff from checking in and out. Room is awesome. Quite and comfy king bed. If only I had time I would have tried their breakfast but got a flight to catch. Recommend to everyone when near Mississauga....

Room Tip: suggest non-smoking King bed in 5th floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for having a good weekend with us. Hope to see you in near future.
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel was what we expected from a Super 8. Nothing remarkable but an ok place to sleep. People at Reception were very pleasant and helpful. Bathroom shower was very clean/new. Loud fan.
However, the continental breakfast (included) in the attached restaurant, the Husky House Restaurant, was unacceptable. All the utensils, including the bagel slicer and bread tongs were, in my opinion, grimy and unsanitary. I mentioned it to the server and she shrugged. She then removed the slicer. They cleaned the tables with a dry cloth and no disinfectant. The huge open bowl of butter just sat there. I have photos to illustrate my concerns but will not post them.

Room Tip: Don't eat there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize that the breakfast experience you described. I want you to know that I have communicated the issue with the restaurant staff.

Please know your feedback is extremely important so that we can offer the best service possible to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Moin
SAULT STE. MARIE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is located very close to the location of our function. The great price with the ample continental breakfast makes it ideal. It is very easy to book through my Wyndham ownership link. Rooms and common area was much cleaner than last time and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Moin K, General Manager at Super 8 Mississauga, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

It is comments like yours that help us imporve out hotel and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Moin Kamal
GM

Been to Super 8 Mississauga? Share your experiences!