“Met the worst operations manager. BEWARE!!! they will charge your card without your concent” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West

You added Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West to your Saves list
Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5070 Creekbank Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5R2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Let me start by saying that my stay at the hotel was pleasant. The shuttle driver and the Filipina front desk I met checking in was really all nice and accommodating. The hysteria happen as soon as I checked out. When I checked out, I asked the receptionist if there will be other charges and then she said just the two local calls. When I returned to the US. I saw in my account they charge me $291. When I called, I spoke to a certain Ms. Gomez who said that she is the Operations Manager of the hotel. She said they had to charge me for smoking in the room. I tried to reason out with her that I just left the cigarette buts in the trash bin but she said that's the Marriott policy. When I tried to atleast ask her to hear my side she completely raise her voice for sure as high as mine. (honestly do you expect that from a marriott representative?) she starts twisting my words when I said maybe just charge me half since I DID NOT SMOKE IN THE ROOM. But no, she argued saying why do you want to pay if you did not really smoke in the room. She's so hyper that it was just so frustrating. I reason out to her that how come when I checked out nobody mentioned that to me? How come the housekeeper on my first night there never noticed that. Also, I threw the cigarette butt that came from my purse at the trashcan inside the bathroom and not in the room which was completely incoherent from the claim that they have to remove the curtains in the room.
My argument will still remain that when I checked out they say there won't be additional charge which is so shady that they have to charge me without my consent. I asked her why the housekeeper did not report it while I was still there and her convenient excuse was "well that will the housekeeper's fault" how can you even counter that???

I understand that management is still firm on charging me the $291 which I fill fight. But aside from that, I will still file complaint versus the rude conversation I had with Ms. Gomez. I am sure that everyone in my position will be mad as hell by talking to her especially when she is equally aggressive. It is the first time I spoke to a representative who has no respect and I'm very insulted.

I am a travel writer and work for a newspaper in LA, NY, Las Vegas and more and I will make sure to people in the US know the horrible stay I had in this hotel not until someone will call me and explain to me how they let this happen. It's so sad that I am a Marriott rewards member and I publish PR for Marriott and experience this kind of horrifying and frustrating experience. This is so bad that I want to switch to Hilton Hotels.

The charge is something but that Ms. Gomez is traumatizing. I hope she will get the necessary suspension from anyone higher than her. Since I asked her If I can talk to the manager and she said she's it. So the boss talks that way?

Please beware on giving out your debit cards or credit cards with them. They will charge you without your knowledge.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sarnia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

First, let me be clear-I have never written a poor review of a residence inn before. I stay at them almost exclusively. This is a newer hotel, so I expected what I always expect, clean and quiet. I received neither.
This is not a charming location, but the conference was at the airport and this was the closest without being on the strip. I like this area because of the restaurants nearby, on Dixon all you get are your standard chains. When I got in the room, opened the curtain and there was dust shaking to the floor. Again, this has never happened. The first night the room above us sounded like they were moving furniture until 4 am. I called, but nothing was done that I could tell, and they never called back to check. The second night I couldn't get internet working, tech support was useless-not the hotel fault obviously. The next morning the plugs in the kitchen weren't working. That was resolved quickly, and when I got my "checkup call" he asked about the internet issue-which I had resolved myself. The dresser, we had to prop up with magazines so the drawers would stay shut. The first day I had left a note for housekeeping that we were two women and needed more towels. It would have been nice if they had remembered that the second night.
The second day some sort of team was there and the pool was completely full. Of screaming children and parents drinking out of big red plastic cups. We asked if we could use the courtyard marriotts pool and that was fine. The Courtyard was absolutely lovely, and when I'm in the area again-that's where I'll stay.
This was the first time ever I left a hotel early because it was just unbearable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear KikiTee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We agree that it’s a rarity to have this type of experience at a Residence Inn, and I truly regret all of the above as it’s not typical of our level of service or accommodations either. Please know I will be addressing each of your concerns with the team and also extend my personal apologies. I hope this isolated experience will not prevent you from enjoying Residence Inn in the future.

Best regards,

Southern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Staff was very cordial on arrival which I appreciate since it sets the tone for your stay. I really enjoyed my stay. No complaints. The breakfast was above average. The staff kept the eating area very clean: I hate places where they don’t clean the tables and you have to look at other tables' dirty dishes when you eat. Bed and pillows were great. There seemed to be a mixture of firm and soft pillows on the bed which provides a nice choice. The hotel is located in an office park like area so a car is desirable to get around. Room was very quiet. When I was in the hall I heard loud children in the room next door and a party down the hall where they left the door partially open. Inside my room with the door closed I didn’t hear a thing. Well equipped kitchen. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
We couldn’t have asked for a nicer review LikeLux – thanks very much! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Take care,

New York, US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here in May with my wife and 2 grown children. Reserved a 2-bedroom suite. Room and amenities were standard Residence Inn fare - adequate and functional. Family loved it. The staff was wonderful - very service minded. Hotel is 25 minutes from downtown Toronto. Many restaurants nearby and close enough to all major attractions. We found a large mall with a cinema only 10 minutes away. All in all good hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel TriniNewYork! We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and are glad to know you and your family loved it here. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Best,

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We bid for this hotel on Priceline and got a fantastic price...we've gotten great deals at the Courtyard next door as well (and have been equally satisfied).

We were in a king studio suite. The TV was a new LCD flat-screen, the room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, the noise level was low (in spite of the fact that we were on the first floor), the free breakfast was potato pancakes, bacon, sausage/egg/cheese biscuit sandwiches, the usual compliment of cereals, breads, and pastries, a wide selection of cut fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, waffles, and the obligatory coffee and fruit juices........if you leave hungry, it's your own fault.

Although we didn't have (or need) one, we noticed that there were rooms for the hearing impaired with special doorbells available.

Parking is plentiful and FREE.

There's a lovely indoor pool, a gym, free Wi-Fi, and a small store where snacks and incidentals are available.

We only stayed one Sunday night, so we didn't get to try the evening "social."

As with all Residence Inns, there's a fully equipped kitchenette (with a full-size refrigerator), complete with dishes, pots and pans, and flatware.

The only negatives were scratchy towels and an extra blanket that was "crusty" (whether from burns or from lack of washing wasn't clear).

Suites always provide an increased level of comfort, and Residence Inn seems to have brought the concept to a fine science....we've been in some that were old, but never in one that was bad. There are two-room suites available if you want privacy in the bedroom with kids out on the sofabed.

We liked this property and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends...in fact, we did just that.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We have stayed in Residence inn Mississauga for over 6 months and the hotel truly lived up to its tag line and made it our "home away from home"..Most of the staff were highly experienced, knew their job well and had a major role in making our stay pleasantly memorable..The rooms are nice and cozy with a fully equipped kitchen. Another big plus about this hotel is the continental morning breakfast buffet with a lot of options to choose from. And the evening socials are obviously the icing on the cake. A well maintained gym did helped us stay in shape even when we were away from home. Though we dint know swimming we were able to use the whirlpool to relax ourselves after a long tiring day. There is a basket ball court for older children. For younger kids there is toy chest with a few toys and puzzles in the hearth room (where breakfast is served). This kept my toddler engaged for a few minutes atlst. Would highly recommend to people with kids..In my opinion the true asset of this hotel is their staff. Keep up the gud work !!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

The hotel rooms were very nice, the full kitchens were handy, but the sofa beds were a nightmare! We were travelling with a group and had several rooms. Most of the sofa beds had stained mattresses, the sheets were fine, but only one blanket was provided (most of which were very thin or looked in poor shape - rips, stains). When we asked the front desk for duvets for the sofa beds they were very helpful in providing them. I would stay here agin, but only if I didn't have to use the sofa bed!
I would highly recommend the hotel invest in replacing the mattresses and bedding for these.

• Stayed January 2011
KellyAnn88, Manager at Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear Kitkat95,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your last visit with us. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences. I am glad you found the full kitchen helpful, and liked the room overall. The issue with the sofa beds will be addressed immediately and I will have our Suite Care Manager perform a review of all mattresses. I agree that groups need additional blankets and our team will begin providing extra. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again.

Truly yours,
Lisa Tracz, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Mississauga-Airport Corporate Center West? Share your experiences!