“Excellent Dining” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you prefer meat and veggies done to perfection then Mondello's is the place. The flavours are fantastic. Veal Marsala is my favourite .... so tasty. Bruschetta excellent, dessert yum. Wine list great. Service to brag about. No complaints other than we haven't been there often enough. Owned and operated by husband and wife team with some additional help.

Visited July 2012

Toronto
“Best Italian food I have ever had -- Outside of Italy and Mom's Kitchen :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I am a regular at Mondello's and I must say that after having eaten at countless other Italian restaurants and having been sorely disappointed almost every time, I have finally found a restaurant that captures an authentic Italian dining experience: excellent food, impeccable service, a perfect blend of liveliness and comfort, and a reasonable price tag.

I have ordered at least 15 different dishes, and the worst I can say about 1 or 2 of them is that they were only good and not perfect. The food tastes like it was made with real care and special attention. Some of my favourite dishes include: Calamari (appetizer), Antipasto for 2 (appetizer), Pasta alla Vodka (entree), Pasta del Bosco (entree), Insalata Caprese (salad) ... the list goes on. I've tried several chicken, veal, and fish dishes. Since they change from time to time, I don't exactly remember the names, but I remember them being exceptionally good.

The chef himself came out, introduced himself, and made sure everything was going well. Oh, and for anyone with a sweet tooth, the desserts are absolutely incredible. They have a mixture of desserts made in house and others imported from Italy and Rome. The in-house Tiramisu is awesome, but my personal favourite is the Coconut Sorbet. It is just fantastic.

As far as availability is concerned, you can almost always find a spot for a walk-in lunch, but for Friday/Saturday dinners, I would call in advance because it is always packed. I went on a random weeknight once and was lucky to get a seat. Also, for the lively crowd, they have a live band playing on the odd Friday/Saturday night, so if you're into that sort of setting, give them a ring advance and find out when they are playing next.

I really don't see a dining experience getting better than this. Try it and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed. If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me a message!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“A bit of a hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very nice little restaurant, kind of hidden away in a sense - you wouldn't normally notice it. Feels very family, not a high end wine list so it's a value meal. Not sure the patio is all the inviting as your looking over the street.

Try the meatball apetizer, incredible,

Veal parm better then the chicken parm.

Family really enjoyed this meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A quiet spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I've had lunch at this restaurant several times over the past year and have always had an enjoyable meal. The restaurant is very quiet at lunch - my guest and I were the only patrons in the room on my most recent visit - but they always have several specials in addition to the pasta-oriented menu. I went with the special pasta dish which was very good - roasted chicken, herbs, red peppers and onions served with pepper infused fusilli pasta. It was tasty. The wine selection is limited but reasonably priced.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere