“My Favorite Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport

You added Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6080 Viscount Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 0A1, Canada (Formerly ALT Hotel Toronto Airport)   |
Special Offer
1night + 8daysPark: $174
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“My Favorite Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I loved this hotel. I went about a year ago with my boyfriend on a weekend trip to Toronto and I found this hotel online. I loved the rooms and also the decor was very modern which was to both of our liking. The beds were really comfortable and I loved the look of the bathroom. The staff was friendly for the most part. We did have an issue during the second night when they refused to freshen the room and remake the beds. Besides that we are planning to book a trip this year and stay at the same hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Airport.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion, but I was sorry to read that you did have an issue on your second night stay with us in regards to the refreshing of your room. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and rest assured I will speak with the housekeeping department to ensure that this is not repeated again in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Nicolas Lazarou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

After staying in Alt, I wouldn't want to try any other hotel. I have always been curious about this place when I drive by. I finally got the chance and I was impressed. It's a boutique no frills hotel, but still has the oomphs and the aahhs. The room I got was at the top floor. When I walked in, I was surprised to see the chic and modern design, very different from the usual hotel rooms. Alt boasts of individuality, as expected of a boutique hotel. The accent furniture on the corner by the window creates a vivid impression. From the bathroom hardware to the toiletries, I am A happy camper. Alt also offers food choices in the lounge where you can get pastries, yogurts snacks, salads and sandwiches and not to mention good coffee. When I made my reservations, I had an issue, and I immediately brought it to their attention. The manager was prompt to address the issue and was resolved right away. That is what defines good customer service. The only downside is, any other hotel would be inferior compared to Alt in my books.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and that we have become your favorite hotel in Canada. I was also pleased to read that we were able to resolve an issue you had with your reservation promptly and accurately.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

If you are stopping over for a night in Toronto this is the perfect place.
You easily get into the shuttle train and after a quick ride walk across and right into the hotels lobby. They have a gourmet grab and go area with food available at all hours, which is great if you're arriving from a late flight and hungry.
They have a chic lounge area with a swinging chair where you can enjoy a drink.
The rooms offer exactly what you need, a extremely comfortable bed, hot shower, and a nice modern look and feel.
The staff are great as well, highly recommend staying at the Alt Pearson.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and especially found location perfect for easy access to Toronto Pearson Airport.

I was also pleased to read that you had the pleasure of trying our Altcetera Grab & Go restaurant and had a chance to relax in our lobby swinging chair.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

What an awesome hotel! The best rooms, best staff, no nonsense services and what a location.
When that train is finally done from Pearson to downtown, everyone will want to stay at the ALT!
I love it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you felt we are the best hotel in the GTA and that you truly enjoyed your visit with us. We are also very excited about the Metrolinx train being launched next year which will give our guests easy access into downtown Toronto right from the Airport.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Location is perfect for a overnighter before a flight, I'd say about a 8 min train ride ( free) from terminal 1 and 3. Easy to get to and from within the terminal.

Would be great for a overnight business trip.
No restaurant on site, no gym, no pool, just a room, with a good little snack bar downstairs filled with coffee, sandwiches , pastries.

One restaurant in a hotel nearby at the Sheraton " highly priced" , however if your wanting somewhere to eat nearby ( casual food) your seemingly out of luck, so we dropped our bags and caught the train back to the airport to eat at the food halls.

Staff efficient, however lacking warmth or any sort of personal attention.

I believe the building may be concrete so noise didn't travel, and we didn't hear a peep out of our fellow patrons.

Simple modern style, Ikea-ish, exposed concrete wall, modern art, Eco friendly.

Soft linens, the bed the perfect mix of hard and soft, I found it really comfortable.

Would I stay again..yes

Room Tip: I'm not sure if its every floor, but looking at the floor plan it seems that there maybe one or...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. I am sorry however to read that you found some of my team to be lacking of warmth or any personal attention. At the Alt we pride ourselves on ensure we deliver a very level of customer service and from comments it would appear that we did not achieve this on your recent visit with us for which I am very sorry.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future so you can truly enjoy the service as it should have been on your previous stay.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon,

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at the ALT (short for Alternative) hotel on April 29th at the Toronto Airport strip and wow, what a great hotel. It looks very modern ... coloured elevator doors, tap card entry to the guestroom, hanging chair in the lobby that you can relax in, modern chair in the bedroom, and overall a great place to stay. Straight across from the hotel is the train shuttle that takes you directly to the airport. Service is excellent.
You can't go wrong, this is a great property. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were voluntarily bumped on our way home and stayed at this hotel. Only a 2 minute walk from Toronto airport. Very modern, the room was quite small but had a really good comfortable bed, also a great shower. It is a self service type hotel where you choose your food and warm it yourself in the microwave. Good coffee and nice staff, would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I was sorry to hear that you were bumped from your flight on the way home but very pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us at the Alt.

We very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future and hopefully your next visit will be a planned one as opposed to one of necessity due to airline difficulties.

Nicolas Lazarou

Been to Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!