“Alt Hotel - Funky” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Calgary, Canada
“Alt Hotel - Funky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We held a business meeting at the Alt Hotel in April and I stayed in a room for one night. My room was funky and I liked the Art Deco look but, some might find it a bit austere and if the paint is not kept up it could look tired in a hurry. It was in fine shape when I was there. The rest of the hotel maintained the funky, fun feel and the bar was lively. It seemed like a good place to strike up a conversation with young business types. If you’re looking for something to eat, there was not much to choose from and a restaurant style meal was not available.

The food service for our breakfast meeting and lunch were very good and this location is easy to access from the airport. I would be happy to hold another meeting at the Alt or stay there for a night if I am passing through TO on the way to somewhere hot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion in particular the funky design of our property. I was also very pleased to hear that you found the meeting rooms and food provided in our conference area to be of very good quality.

In regards to your comment about the hotel food offering, at the Alt we have a concept called Altcetera. This is our Grab & Go eatery located in the lobby bar area. Guests who stay with us have a choice of a wide range of freshly prepared dishes from this area. The benefit of Altcetera is that it is available to our guests 24 hours per day. Indeed we do not have a traditional restaurant style area at the Alt, however for guests who are looking for a good quality meal at a reasonable price with the option of either enjoying it in the comfort of our lobby bar or take it with them to their office then Altcetera is an excellent choice.

Finally I would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we do very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nicolas Lazarou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I absolutely loved the alt hotel. It seems very new and modern. It doesn't have the restaurant, the bellhops, or the pools...which I never use anyways, so the price was exactly what I wanted. Great sleep in a nice clean and comfortable room. The staff are all extremely friendly which made the one night stay even better.
We could see the airport from our window so the drive to the airport was about 3 minutes in the morning which was perfect for my early morning flight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and in particular found the service of our team to be extremely friendly.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is a short shuttle ride from the airport (airlink currently not working). The rooms are stylish but very basic, there is free wi-fi but no safe, no mini-fridge, no iron and no coffee maker. Breakfast choice is very limited and items for sale are expensive. Friendly service. Good for one-night stay at airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

The Alt Hotel is a new style of property where we focus on what we call the basic luxuries. Of which some are a good location, very comfortable bed for a great night's sleep and most important of all very friendly service. I was pleased to read that you also found our service to be friendly during your visit to the hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the property in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My flight was cancelled so I had to find a place to stay and the Alt Hotel was exactly what I needed. This new hotel features blazing fast Internet, new-spotless rooms, very comfortable bedding, and a nice little bar area in the lobby that is perfect for relaxing.

I'm not sure what else there is to say other than this hotel provides great rooms, great service, and great value.

• Stayed June 2013
Marie B, Front Office Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m sorry to hear that your flight got cancelled but I’m happy that we could turn this unfortunate experience around.

I’m thrilled to hear that you found exactly what you needed when staying with us such as our great rooms, great service and great value. I will make sure to share your comments with the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon; under better circumstances!

Marie
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Functional and fine. Close and easy access to Pearson Terminals. The hotel is fine for an overnight stop-over before an early flight. No restaurant is disappointing and it is a long walk to restaurant strip on Airport road (or short cab ride for unhappy cab driver). Rooms are clean and new and fashionable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

I’m glad that you find our rooms clean and fashionable and that you enjoyed the easy access to Pearson Airport. We do not have a traditional restaurant but we do offer however grab and go service which offers fresh items for breakfast, lunch, dinner, all kinds of snack as well as fresh coffee and a full licence bar. This system allows us to serve our guests at any hour of the day and night. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,
Marie
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

People will like it or not but for me this hotel is a unusual exception near the international Toronto airport, a refreshing change from the boring classic business hotels. Simple but very design, affordable but luxury, very european. No fancy (and expensive !) restaurant but a small bar where you can drinks and food at a reasonable price. On top of it friendly people in the front desk! Only drawback this is deadzone, you need a car to go where people live. Public transportation across the street (did not use it). PS the beds are very comfortable so increase the volume of your alarm clock!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be a refreshing change of property and very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion.

Two of our key strengths at the Alt Pearson are the comfort of our beds and the friendliness of our team and It is great to hear that you also found both to be very good during your visit with us.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at the 6080 Viscount Road alt hotel June 15,2013. I had missed my flight and had to wait until morning.
I am a senior needing wheelchair help part of the time.
The young lady was very kind in every way to help me.
There was a young man working in the small bar/food mini café that went the extra mile for me helping me get to the room, helping me in the morning to get back to the airport on the bus, etc.

I can't say enough good things about how I was treated there and I will most certainly stay there again and tell many friends that travel that way to stay with you.

Many thanks
Lynne Jorgensen
Spruce Grove, Alberta

Room Tip: Room was quiet, wonderful bed and cleanliness excellent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Ms. Jorgensen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and very pleased to read that the team here went the extra mile to ensure your stay was a comfortable as possible.

I will be sure to share your comments with the team as I am sure they will appreciate knowing that their efforts have been recognized and remembered.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nicolas Lazarou

Been to ALT Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!