“Modern, cute” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport

You added Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6080 Viscount Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 0A1, Canada (Formerly ALT Hotel Toronto Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
1night 8daysPark: $174
Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Canada
“Modern, cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at the Alt hotel at Toronto Pearson Airport. Very nice lobby area with bar and area to buy per-made munches. No restaurant or room service. Very hip seating areas throughout the lobby area. The staff was very pleasant; had very great conversation with the Canadian-Ozzy gentleman. The versatile room we stayed in was like a little loft with 2 queen beds. The bathroom products are great (Fruit & Passion) and in great abundance. My only complaint is that there is no coffee maker in the room but coffee is available 24 hours a day in the lobby. Only other negative is the fact that the monorail to the hotel is closed for renovations until Oct 2013. Would definitely return to this charming hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

After spending seven nights over three visits to the Germain hotel in downtown Toronto, I decided to stay at the ALT at Pearson when passing through with an overnight layover in Toronto.

Logistics: at the end of the monorail line connecting the airport and the remote parking (currently closed for construction but replaced by a bus that leaved every 5 minutes). Hotel: stylish, spectacular service, no nonsense. Quick checkin, modern, loft style room. Impeccably clean. Super bed and sheets, great shower. Great night's sleep. I originally thought that the absence of a restaurant would be a problem: not so: there is a lounge area, full service bar, and a wide selection of perfectly good entrees that you can heat up for a quick meal. Service: universally friendly, engaged, French Canadian. I can't remember having such a solid hotel experience for such a fair price.

Now: about the shares: trust me, this is a hotel company who knows how to do it right. Affordable luxury is exactly right: they deliver all of the things I go to luxury hotels for (sheets, service, decor, comfort) at 1/3 the price. ALT is what the limited service hotels like Hyatt Place (and frankly even full-service brands like W) dreamed of when their concept teams got together.

If I could, I'd invest in Germain: They make the other hotel companies look like they're standing still.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and in particular found the service of the staff here to be excellent.

I will be sure to share your comments with the team of the hotel who I am sure will appreciate knowing that their efforts have been recognized and remembered.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stratford, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed 2 nights while at a conference nearby. It is a beautiful hotel with a very helpful staff. I am not a fan of the common hotels so I was delighted when I found the ALT. The rooms are furnished in a funky and comfy way and I had a peaceful, enjoyable visit. I will happily stay again when I have the chance. It reminded me of the Drake and that is a good thing : )

Room Tip: This was my first stay so I can't compare rooms. I will say my room was an oasis.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion in particular the comfort of our rooms and peaceful ambiance.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed ar the Alt recently during a short layover in Toronto. Its proximity to the airport made it very convenient. It was very clean, modern and minimalistic, which was just what we were looking for. Who needs all the bells and whistles when you are only there to get a few hours sleep? Given that the price was half of that of the Sheridan next door, it was no contest.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas L, Manager at Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion. Our no frills style of hotel that focuses on the basic luxuries is certainly one of our focus points here at the Alt and our proximity to the Airport is also another very big advantage for guests who are looking for a hotel with good connection to Pearson.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great bijou hotel very close to Pearson Airport in Toronto.
Stayed 1 night after late arrival from UK and didn't fancy the 401 highway in the rain and dark. Do NOT use the taxi from outside Arrivals - this cost us $21 and took 15 minutes. Instead take the FREE airpost shuttle bus from the left-hand end of Arrivals area and it takes 3 minutes before it stops right outside the Alt Hotel.
Very modern hotel in a scandinavian style and has the comfiest pillows that I have ever experienced. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle bus, not the taxi!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased to hear that you made the decision to stay with us on your return trip from the UK and very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I just loved this hotel. It was so easy to get to from the airport (there's a free shuttle). It claims to be "no frills" but you really want for nothing. It's clean, crisp, current and downright cool. It was a pleasure to stay here and I definitely will again.

Room Tip: There are two bigger rooms on each floor - ask for those. They're huge!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and whilst our style of hotel is very much a no frills approach I was happy to read that you felt nothing missing from your guests experience with us.

NIcolas Lazarou

Been to Alt Hotel - Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!