“Newest modern and convenient airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
1Night 8days park.at $174
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Sudbury, Canada
“Newest modern and convenient airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We love the clean and modern decor with comfortable bed and a short walk to the airport terminal shuttle (but you have to walk outside to get there--which is a problem in winter with tiny tots!). Also if has little toddlers, the sharp edges of bed and decor in general can be problematic. Otherwise, staff is great, and price is reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the modern decor and the comfort or our beds and very pleased to hear that our team looked after you very well.

I certainly do also appreciate your feedback on the design of some of our furniture and will be sure to pass on your comments to our design team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nicolas Lazarou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed for a quick stay.

Pros:
-The place looks great, especially the lobby and bar/snack/resto area.
- Big design efforts in the room but they remain quite small
- Great music selection in lobby.

Cons:
- The lights in the room are very strong and cold and do not allow for dimming
- The construction has been done on the cheap. Chips, traces of glue on the floors, cheap carpets.
- The staff was very awkward. The server/barmaid was also very "forthcoming", checking me out in a manner that made me very uncomfortable. The front desk staff was alternatively rude or just overwhelmed by basic tasks and questions.
- The prices for most breakfast items are not evident/ I did not see them before being charged... I am not even sure if it is legal.

Just not sure it is worth the price. It is pretty, yes, but could do much better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased to read that you thought the look of the hotel was great, but very sorry to hear that you had some service issues during your visit with us.

At Alt Pearson we take pride in ensuring every guest has a memorable stay with us in all areas of the hotel, I can only apologize that we failed to meet this expectation on your recent visit. Rest assured I will be speaking with the team to address the matters in question to ensure that this is not repeated again in the future.

In regards to our breakfast items, I am sorry that you did not see the pricing for all items we have on offer. Some of the pricing is actually displayed on the item packaging itself making it perhaps not as obvious, whereas some of items on offer have a displayed sign on the shelf.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Timmins, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Lobby is one of the most stylish I have seen at any hotel. The Altcetera snack bar and lounge had a number of refrigerated items which seemed to be of good quality. Room was on the small side and also very modern. The bed, duvet and pillows allowed for a very comfortable night. I will be ordering some of those pillows for home. Bathroom had fruits and passions products to help us freshen up. The blackout shades on the window were a nice touch to cut out the morning light. A docking station for my iphone on the radio is always a welcome sight. Free internet was very fast. This hotel is a mere steps from the Link train Viscount station. There is also a self check-in option in the lobby which is a nice touch. Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and very pleased to read that you will be ordering some of our very comfortable pillows for your home.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

halifax ns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My heart went aflutter walking up to the entrance doors - punchy pink potted evergreens! The inside is just as stylin' - and the room layout is well planned, and all at an decent price. However, they have clearly built this hotel with the young childless urbanites in mind - no adjoining rooms - so problematic for the families. My husband was also displeased with no sit down hot breakfast, and I need access to coffee before I want to interact with anyone in the morning. So we packed up quickly in the morning, I grunted a few words at check-out, and in 2 minutes we LINKed to the dowdy Sheraton for a leisurely hot breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to read that you found our design to be truly stylish. The Alt Hotel is a very unique property in terms of our design and by adding a vibrant range of colours in our public areas really brings the lobby more to life.

I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your adjoining room request, currently this is not a room type that Alt Hotels has in it's inventory of rooms. With regards to enjoying a hot breakfast I would like to take this opportunity to share with you that we do have some fantastic hot breakfast sandwich options available in our Grab & Go area. Once again I apologize that the team were not able to suggest them to you on this occasion.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A great addition to the hotel scene at YYZ. Easily accessed in 5 minutes by the free airport train. Modern lay-out, decent sized rooms, clean. Food can be purchased 24/7 on the main floor. Wifi worked fine, lobby and room. Great service, speedy check-in. We would certainly stay again.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Airport.

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved absolutely everything about this hotel. We booked one night with the parking package before going to NYC for a long weekend. The parking is in the Viscount lot, which is a covered parking garage connected to YYZ via Link Train-perfect. The hotel is adjacent to the lot-perfect. The room was roomy and new-perfect. The lobby was warm and trendy-perfect. Check-in and out were simple-perfect. Will ALWAYS stay here whenever we have early flights! And the beds and bedding were so comfy-perfect!

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our sleep and fly package for your weekend in NYC. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. This is truly one of our key strengths at the Alt Hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Great Meadows, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first (and last) trip to this hotel. As a frquent traveler to the area (2-3 times a month), I thought I would give it a try. The overall layout of the place is very modern and lively. The rooms were so different that any other hotel I've been to (in a really good way). Unfortunately they did not do areal good job of sound proofing this hotel. Being so close the airport you expext some noise, but it went well beyond just airplanes. I was on the 8th floor and could hear everything outside. Every car going by, doors opening and closing, people talking in the adjacent rooms, footsteps in the hallway. It was unbelievable. I was up all night. The other terrible thing about this hotel is the parking. You literally had to walk about a 100 yards across the street into an unlit parking lot. As a guy I was OK with this part, but I would never want my wife walking alone here. The fact that they don't have onsite parking is ridiculous. Would not want to get there in a rain storm. There are so many other choices in the area that it would be foolish to stay here twice.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marie B, Front Office Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m glad that you enjoyed the décor, the ambiance of the hotel and that you appreciated how different our rooms are.

The project of extending the LINK train from downtown Toronto to the Airport is currently underway and our parking lot will receive a makeover once the project is completed.

I’m sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the noise outside; due to our close proximity to the airport there were many strict rules and regulations we had to follow in regards to sound proofing the building. Please give me a call so we can discuss this further and see how we can address this concern. You may reach me at 905-362-4337

Marie Boissonnault
Front Office Manager

Been to ALT Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!