“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 57 hotels in Mississauga
Barrie, Canada
“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved absolutely everything about this hotel. We booked one night with the parking package before going to NYC for a long weekend. The parking is in the Viscount lot, which is a covered parking garage connected to YYZ via Link Train-perfect. The hotel is adjacent to the lot-perfect. The room was roomy and new-perfect. The lobby was warm and trendy-perfect. Check-in and out were simple-perfect. Will ALWAYS stay here whenever we have early flights! And the beds and bedding were so comfy-perfect!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Pearson.

I was delighted to read that you were able to take advantage of our sleep and fly package for your weekend in NYC. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. This is truly one of our key strengths at the Alt Hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Great Meadows, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first (and last) trip to this hotel. As a frquent traveler to the area (2-3 times a month), I thought I would give it a try. The overall layout of the place is very modern and lively. The rooms were so different that any other hotel I've been to (in a really good way). Unfortunately they did not do areal good job of sound proofing this hotel. Being so close the airport you expext some noise, but it went well beyond just airplanes. I was on the 8th floor and could hear everything outside. Every car going by, doors opening and closing, people talking in the adjacent rooms, footsteps in the hallway. It was unbelievable. I was up all night. The other terrible thing about this hotel is the parking. You literally had to walk about a 100 yards across the street into an unlit parking lot. As a guy I was OK with this part, but I would never want my wife walking alone here. The fact that they don't have onsite parking is ridiculous. Would not want to get there in a rain storm. There are so many other choices in the area that it would be foolish to stay here twice.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marie B, Front Office Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m glad that you enjoyed the décor, the ambiance of the hotel and that you appreciated how different our rooms are.

The project of extending the LINK train from downtown Toronto to the Airport is currently underway and our parking lot will receive a makeover once the project is completed.

I’m sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the noise outside; due to our close proximity to the airport there were many strict rules and regulations we had to follow in regards to sound proofing the building. Please give me a call so we can discuss this further and see how we can address this concern. You may reach me at 905-362-4337

Marie Boissonnault
Front Office Manager
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great place to stay and park your car when going on vacation. Very modern and spacious rooms, with comfortable beds. Staff was friendly and accommodating - especially when looking for coffee in the early hours! Used the covered parking garage and monorail to get to the terminal, which was an added bonus in the winter! Will stay here again.
Only recommendation: coffee makers in the room for early risers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marie B, Front Office Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient sleep and fly package and enjoyed the comfortable beds, our 24h Altcetera service, including fresh coffe and our staff. I will make sure to share your kind words with them.

I’m also very pleased to read that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again; we look forward to it!

Kinds regards,

Marie Boissonnault
Front Office Manager
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is simply amazing to find such a hidden gem tucked in an airport location.
When I learned that the Sheraton was sold out, I was tired, down, and out. However, when the receptionist redirected me to the Alt Hotel, I was like; What's that. Then, as I walked into my room at the Alt hotel, I was awake again. Then I walked into the bithroom, looked at the mirror and said; this people made my day and this is my kind of place.
As an artist, I identified with the simple but fabulous decor. My relaxation was complete when I tucked into the ambiance and comfort of the room.

What a great contemporary concept with all the comfort a traveller needs. It is as they say; "a home away from home". I will make it my permanent place whenever I am in Toronto.

'What a Wonderful Hotel' operated by very polite and good staff people.
Thanks a lot.

Onuwa

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read that we made your day and that you very much enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Picton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Even when I made the reservation I felt he really was happy to help me. Fast efficient check in. Our room was somewhat small but the norm for an area airport hotel. I did really like having two queen beds instead of two doubles, it saved us from getting two rooms. Basic amenities, the shampoo was a little thin but I liked the smell, I also like the fact that they didn't use little bottles but had pumps, much more environmentally friendly I think. The only thing I would suggest is some brighter lights in the room, it was a little dark. The Calla chair was PHENOMENAL!! If they weren't three grand I would buy two! Make sure you try it in the chaise position (I fell upon this by accident reading the info for the hotel). All in all, a good place to stay before or after a flight at a good price, quite a bit cheaper than the other airport hotel, just not as many amenities but only a tram ride away. And yes you have to walk outside for a bit to get to it but it is literally a thirty second to one minute walk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nicolas L, Manager at ALT Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Alt Hotel Toronto Airport.

I was very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and in particular found the service of the team to be very good. At Alt our vision is to deliver a unique experience at a very affordable price. Our location being just next to Pearson's new Tram Link train is an added bonus for travellers who are looking for a hotel very close to the Airport Terminals.

I have to also agree with you in that our Calla chair is very comfortable and I am pleased to see that you thought so too.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very easy to get to from the airport on the frequently running free monorail, a two minute ride and much better than waiting in sub-zero temperatures for a shuttle bus which everyone else has to do. Hotel has funky decor, black, pink, green etc. rooms very clean, nice shower, small bath, no minibar. Definitely for an airport related stay over but not sure what else you do in Toronto!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us in particular our funky decor and bright colours.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I travel a lot for work and pleasure and have stayed at several airport hotels. The Alt Hotel is now at the top of my list. For $169/night, I got a one night stay and 8 days parking in the large Value Park garage.

The advantages are clear, aside from the neat modern design, such as:

- you can take the link train to and from the airport terminals very quickly and you don't have to take a lengthy shuttle from a more distant hotel
- you are parking in a nice covered garage instead of the run down park and fly or some of the sketchy hotel parking lots where they move your car several times while you're away

Great hotel, neat modern decor and very comfortable bed. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Sleep and Fly package and overall enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion.

Our location to the new link train is certainly an advantage again for guests who are looking for a quick connection to the airport. I would like to take this opportunity to share with you that for a short period ot time from March 19th until October of this year the link train will close. This is to allow Pearson Airport to complete the connection of the new train link that will ultimately once complete be able to take visitors to downtown Union Station on a single train. During the time of this closure the Airport will be running a shuttle bus from our hotel to the terminal and they have assured us of the same level of service that our guests are currently enjoying. This shuttle service will be dedicated to guests of the Alt Pearson going to and from the Airport.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nicolas Lazarou

Been to ALT Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!