“Quite Expensive - Messed up my order” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #141 of 1,219 restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Pizza
Ontario, Canada
“Quite Expensive - Messed up my order”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had no problem waiting 45 minutes for a pizza as ive heard the hype. Paid over $30 for a pizza with 5 toppings, when it came out and was handed to me i asked the guy to just make sure it was mine because of the confusion, since it was my first time there i opened it and i looked like mine considering all I could see on the top is sauce and pepperoni. I drove 30 mins home (was passing through clarkson) to find out it was indeed the wrong pizza. I called the location twice with no answer. Ended up paying $10 more than i was supposed to for an average pizza with only pepperoni on it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Mississauga, Canada
“The only place to try deep dish pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you like pizza you will like Mickey's. A 5 out of 5 rating is unheard of in my opinion. A 4 out of 5 at least gives the places something to work for.

After reading some of the comments from others I would like to clarify something. Is the pizza more expensive then your typical joint? Yes. Is the pizza outstanding? Yes. Did the prices go up since they have been on tv? Yes. Do I still have their pizza every once and a while? Yes.

There is not a doubt in my mind that if money was not an option I would always get pizza here. This is why I go here on special occasions. If your reading my review trust me when I say the pizza is like no other and it is worth it if your willing to treat yourself.

I am a bigger supporter of this business even though I visit other pizza places more regularly, there will always be a place in my tummy for Mickey's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Really wanted to have a good deep dish pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Decided to try Mickey's after reading all of the positive reviews. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I was really disappointed. In fact, I would actually say the pizza was terrible. The two most important things for a good pizza in my opinion are the sauce and the dough. The sauce tasted like it came out of a jar and the dough was too dense. In a deep dish pizza you REALLY need good dough. This one missed the mark. Based on the deep dish pizza's flavor (or should i say lack thereof) I would not even bother to try the thin crust pizza here. I know where to get good thin crust pizza. I was hoping to find a good deep dish pizza. Guess I will have to keep looking. Or go to Chicago!

Visited August 2013
Mississauga
“Good pizza but too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I totally agree with goldzon's review. The pizza is good, although high on the sodium, even for a veggie pizza. But after being on TV, they raised their prices and the toppings got skimpier. Too bad it got so expensive. Before Mickey's opened up, I used to frequent Amadio's where I can still afford to feed my family of four.

Visited July 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Outstanding pizza, Outrageous prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been going here for over a year, and LOVE the pizza. Here is the problem:

When we first started coming here, the prices were much more reasonable. Once the restaurant was featured on "You Gotta Eat Here," they "revamped their website" (which is horrible, by the way) and practically doubled all of their prices. We went last night and got two "large pizzas" (their sizes are baby, large and jumbo, so really, it's a medium pizza) and were charged $56. Absolute insanity. Not only that - we ordered a pizza with steak, and they called back and told us they had run out of steak, so we had to settle on something else. There was no "hey, sorry we inconvenienced you, we'll throw in a drizzle for you at no charge." Nothing.

We're incredibly disappointed in these prices as they didn't used to be so much. I understand that inflation and the cost of operating a business might impact your customers, but to practically double the prices is unacceptable. The pizza is SO GOOD, and we would go at least twice a month. Now we only go once every couple of months because the prices are ridiculous. It's disappointing.

• Visited July 2013