“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Was very impressed with the Fairfield. Rooms were very large and very clean. Staff was very attentive. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant and found the prices extremely reasonable and food was very good. I called the hotel for shuttle and was picked up from the airport in less then 10 minutes. Will stay again.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had to stay one night in Toronto while on a business trip and glad I chose this hotel. The staff was great...I didn't have to wait to check in. They were very fast and efficient. The rooms were very clean and bright. The restaurant food was tasty and staff very friendly. Even the shuttle service to and from the airport was on time. Definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at this hotel numerous times because of their friendly customer service and clean and spacious rooms. Their breakfast is great (and free) and the wifi is also free. I would come back here in a flash! I also heard it was recently renovated and can appreciate the new furniture and beddings. Will come back!

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and clean
Green Features: I think they are pretty friendly staff and are willing to help you when needed as opposed to other hotels that I have stayed at.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Its about 2X what it should be because... I donno its near the airport? I give up. Its a nice but typical fairfield inn that is overpriced because of the location I think. AAA rate of 198 Canadian per night?!?! They charge for parking on top of that. The Wifi is free but when I was there its so very broken. They connected me to some IT guy who did not know much who kept trying to fix it the speed was so slow the internet speed test could not even initialize. I ended up getting Wifi from the hilton next door once and awhile which was working properly. lucky I was close enough to pick it up from a top floor. I got some rigamarole that they have new equipment being installed it will be in next week blah blah blah... its still 198 dollars for wifi thats less than dial up speed. Im telling you I could not get any work done and it hurt my productivity. Why do hotels sign contracts with lame IT companies who's only customers are unsuspecting hotels so they can sell them old technology and overcharge them? I hope they are really going to fix the wifi because otherwise avoid this place and go next door to hampton inn or one of the dozen or so other hotels. Call to make sure the wifi is actually fixed before you come here if you want to get any work done. They tell me the rack full of new equipment is here but not hooked up yet. Having said that Ive had hotels tell me this and have it be broken for 6 months - "trust but verify"... Its nice enough for an overnight stay for business but the rates are high - for what they charge I should have had 100 MBPS fiber in my room and a gourmet breakfast. Breakfast is included and its standard morning hotel fare of mass feeding low cost easy to deploy food. The only gouge I found was the parking so if you can avoid parking here do so - take a cab or something. I would not say its a good value its overpriced for what it is not the super gouge of "full service" hotels adding surcharges for everything but 198 Canadian?!?! its more like worth 120 USD per night. if that. Fortunately they did not have the super advanced hotel gouge techniques in place. For your entertainment and so you can make informed choices - have a look at the list below and be advised, alert and aware:

Here is my list of hotel fees that I hate –

Before there were airline fees the hotel industry wrote the book the airlines now use on extra fees they could charge their customers for no good reason. Spirit Airlines and Ryan Air were perhaps their best students. So on top of the room rate that is advertised, fees are added to get free money for nothing. Here is my list of hotel fees that many hotels will add to your bill. These fees are getting so out of hand that I would not be surprised if new consumer protection laws might be passed to protect unsuspecting customers This would be a good thing actually. Also its interesting to note that U.S. hotels this year will collect a record $2.25 billion in fees and surcharges, according to research by New York University hospitality clinical professor Bjorn Hanson. That figure is about 6 percent higher than last year's level and is the result of a combination of higher occupancy, more hotels adding fees and surcharges and hotels increasing the amount of those charges, according to Hanson. Group business in particular has seen an increase in charges this year, including charges for bartenders and other staff at events, master folio billing fees and charges related to meeting room set-up and breakdown in addition to other nonsensical fees charged for services which used to be included.

#1 Resort fees -
These fees used to be associated with large resorts with large golf courses, super fancy spas and actual resorts – these fees have become very popular in Vegas, but now many regular hotels in other locations with no good reason to do so now charge a resort fee. All it takes is one place getting away with it and the word spreads like the plague. Resort fees can range from $15 to $75 a day. What is so irritating is that most of these crazy fees should be included into the price of the room so you know up front what the total nightly rate is. This is a simple way for many hotels to lower their regular rate to attract customers and they got you when you check-in. Usually you wont go through the hassle of moving at that point – plus there might be a fee for doing so… The Spirit Airlines school of rip off techniques applied to hotels or maybe Spirit learned it from them?

#2 Early check-in fee -

Let's say you take the early flight to Las Vegas and want to check into your room before 10am so you can head to your convention. Even if your room is empty from the night before some hotels will now charge you an extra $20 to check into your room before the standard 3pm check-in time. This fee appears to me as total greed and a huge rip-off. I was standing in line in Vegas once and at 2:50PM the lady at the desk was going to charge me an early check in fee – “the computer won’t let me” so I said lets just talk here for 10 min until 3PM – she quickly waved it and found a way– I was serious. How stupid is that.

#3 Wi-Fi fee -

It amazes me that hotels still charge extra for Wi-Fi service in your room. Ironically these $15 to $25 a day fees are charged by the more expensive 4 and 5 star “full service” (whatever that means) hotels while the lower priced hotels provide this service for free. I find it really strange that a hotel who charges $250 a night room rate charges their customers for Wi-Fi while a hotel who charges only $89 a night will give it away for free. How does that make any sense? Oh and McDonalds and Starbucks give it away for free and your buying 5 bucks of product not 250 dollars! Sometimes if you are a member of their rewards program they comp it – they should! Get a clue hotel guys!
This fairfield has free wifi but its operating at railroad telegraphy speeds as of January 2015!

#4 Housekeeping fee -

How crazy can it get? Hotels are now charging you a 10% service fee to clean your room daily. Give me a break. This one does not pass the smell test of reasonableness. How can a hotel look their customers in the eye and charge this fee? Part of renting a room is the expectation that it is cleaned every day.

#5 Fitness fees -

Most hotels have workout centers and swimming pools for their guests. Many hotels also charge an arm and a leg to use them. I guess I don't mind this fee as long as it is optional to pay and use.

#6 Room service fees -

When you order room service today that $32 hamburger and $7 soda will also come with a nice 20% gratuity. Many travelers without looking at their bill to see that a service fee is already added to the bill will automatically add an additional tip on top of the total bill. You are in essence giving a tip on top of a tip. Maybe they are banking you won’t notice.

#7 Mandatory Valet parking -

Many hotels now assess mandatory valet parking if you arrive in your own car. This can range from $18 to $75 a day. I understand charging for valet parking if you choose to use Valet parking but to require it does not seem reasonable at all. This is a typical hotel technique of creating a problem (ie shortage of parking caused by them blocking off spaces with cones or parking systems or the like) then charging you a fee to circumvent the parking problem that they created in the first place. This hotel does not make you valet but since its near the airport they will charge you to park a car here no matter what. Just cause its here. I did not park here but be advised.

#8 Additional person in the room fee -

Some hotels will charge you if you have more than two people in a room. I understand that a hotel would charge extra to add a roll-away in a room, but if four teenagers can sleep on two double beds I don't think the hotel should charge extra for that.

#9 The hotel safe fee-
OK a few years ago hotels started adding safes to the rooms – these are usually the bolt on to the shelf Chinese keypad things that cost maybe 60 bucks on ebay. Now that they are there – the hotel wants you to pay for something that you did not ask for and hope you wont complain and will just pay it. Most of the time if you push back on this ridiculous fee they will take it off the room charges.

#10 the water bottle land mine trick-
This one is pretty ingenious, the hotel places bottled water that you can get at Costco for 69 cents in your room and then charges you 5 or 10 bucks if you drink one – often they wont be labeled with a price on them. Whether or not you take one sometimes they put it on your room bill, shove it under the door or bill your credit card after you check out hoping you will not notice or wont want to bother disputing it later on. If you complain that you did not touch it they will blame the “outside service that provides the water bottles must have made a mistake“– yeah, that’s it. Sometimes you can tell them up front that you are not approving ANY incidentals including phone charges or water bottles or the like and that stops this trick cold.

#11. Early check out and Cancelation fees: Hilton Worldwide effective Jan. 1, 2015, will levy "one night's room fee and applicable taxes" if cancellations aren't made by 11:59 p.m. the day before scheduled check-in, a spokesperson confirmed. The policy applies "unless a more restrictive cancellation policy is in place" at the reserved property. According to media reports, Marriott International plans to enact a similar policy in January, but the company did not immediately reply to requests to confirm. – OK your meeting wraps up early and you want to go home – now they want to charge you for the room anyway but the hotel is full or maybe oversold – they are going to gouge you despite the facts.

I am sure they will be coming up with more fees as time goes on -watch your back and your wallet

Room Tip: face away from the airport and stay up high - the HVAC units are noisy.
Green Features: I did not see any dolphins or baby seals being tormented and they seemed to empty the trash can every day!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had quick one night stay last night at the Toronto property! The checkin & reservation process was painless and efficient. Rooms spacious and clean, hospitality overall quite superior. Had an opportunity to utilize the bistro on a busy night, unfortunately, they were not up to the task. One server was overwhelmed with 5 tables, food was slow and cold and though the server apologized, it also came with excuses of understaffing. Overall, though a very positive, short and sweet stay!

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I use this hotel when my flight has late arrival or early departure, so was a bit groggy when I checked out and left my phone charger in the room. Those little units cost $40 these days, so I thought it was gone for sure. However when I called to the hotel next day and connected with Diego in housekeeping I was pleased to hear that it was there and waiting for me. Diego arranged to have it at the front desk next time I came through the area. Thanks!

Brighton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed with this property after getting in from a really late flight after my Christmas Holidays. I got in to Pearson and called them to arrange the shuttle, got to the pick up area and watched the Shuttle pull in, and without coming to a full stop, Leave. I wasn't even able to pull my handle out of my luggage in time to get to the curb before the lady left without me - picking up no one. So i called again, they sent her back - she pulled up, one person opened the side door and jumped in - closed the door, and she drove away...... Called back again, the front desk (who was incredible apologetic for their drivers behavior) said they would send her back again. She came back, and this time I made sure my things were right at the curb, ready to go, so as soon as she pulled up I had to grab the side door and pull it open, then go around to the back of the shuttle, open the back doors, lead my luggage (which isn't a big deal but I still think the driver should come around to back to make sure everything is loaded properly.)

Our room was the King with the jacuzzi tub. It had a King Bed, and a jacuzzi tub, very large room, very dated bedding. Comfortable bed, but really aged pillows. I would probably complain less if I hadn't had such a poor experience with the shuttle

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
ATo0r, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Mira G,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport .

I apologize for the experience you had with the Airport shuttle. I would like to assure you that I have spoken with the responsible parties about this matter and I hope it is an isolated case in the future. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations. We are sorry to have fallen short with you and hope that you give us a chance to show you what we are capable of when it comes to service.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!