“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Marathon, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister and two of our friends as well as myself, stayed for 5 nights at the Fairfield. They served us wonderful complimentary breakfast, amazing staff at front desk who were so helpful in getting us around to where we wanted to go, fantastic suppers when we ate on the property at very reasonable prices. I chose this hotel as the prices were great and it was much cheaper to stay here and pay taxis than to stay downtown. We were so impressed by the staff who helped us so much. I would definitely stay here any trip to Toronto.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 10th floor and loved it as we could watch the planes at Pearson take off and la...
Green Features: They recycle which is right along our thinking and only changed our beds when we asked and gave us clean towels as we needed them on our request. Wonderful place to stay.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
ddickson14, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Linda R, Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport and your positive comments. We take pride in going the extra mile to assure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We are happy to hear that we were able to deliver that for you. Please keep us in mind for any future hotel requirements you may have. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we had 2 nights to recharge in toronto in between international flights and stayed here. The shuttle was quick and clean, we got a great rate with free breakfast. Our room was big and clean and everything worked. The wifi was very weak in our room and kicked out all the time but was strong in the lobby. The breakfast was good with a waffle machine and lots of food. There isn't much to do in the area but a $10 cab ride from some other restaurants and stores was ok.

Room Tip: ask if there is rooms that have stronger wifi signal
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
ddickson14, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. We are sorry to hear that your connection to WiFi was low in your room during your stay. We are taking steps at improving our connectivity throughout the entire hotel. Please keep us in mind for any future Toronto airport layovers. Thank you again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked 7 rooms for a National Sales Meeting and all who stayed mentioned that the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spacious. Car parking was easy. Easy and convenient to get shuttle to airport in the early morning. Nice to get a quick breakfast before flying. And great service to shutlle us to a local restaurant and pick us up! Very accomodating! Compared to other airport hotels, great value for the cost!

Many thanks for making me look good to all my participants!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting the Fairfield Inn & Suites for you and your colleagues Cheryl. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay and that we were accommodating to your needs. Please visit us again the next time you need accommodations by the airport.
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed her for one night to catch an early flight the next day. I was quite happy when we were able to check in early but that was about the only great thing that we experienced. When we got to the room the safe in the closet was locked, I tried calling the front desk to get it unlocked but the desk phone in the room would not work. I used the phone by the bed and they assured me someone would come and unlock it. I told them we were leaving and for the person to let themselves in. When we returned it was still locked, no big deal. The pool was small and not great for small kids. The jets in the hot tub did not work. The breakfast was adequate but nothing special and definitely not any better than say a Country Inn and Suites. The shuttle to the airport was a bit of a gong show, it is supposed to leave every 30 minutes but they were using a minivan and a group of 12 or more needed to leave at 6:30 which through their whole schedule out the window, it was tight but we made it to the airport on time.

Really not a bad hotel but I expected a lot more from the Marriott brand.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ddickson14, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Doug L, thank you for letting us know about your experience at the hotel. Please accept our apology for letting you down during your stay. This is not the standard procedure that should have been followed by our staff. By providing us with this information, we will have the opportunity to speak with the staff involved and rectify this situation. We have always taken pride in responding to our guests needs within minutes. I hope you will give us another chance. Thank you again.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the Hardwell concert in November 2014.
Check-in was a breeze and parked in their visitors garage above the main floor. It was nice to have the entrance from the garage go down directly to the elevators. Unfortunately, we had to carry all our belongings down the stairs without any assistance. The concierge should have advised us at check-in to bring in any belongings for assistance.

The hotel room was average and very spacious. Unfortunately, our room was not fully stocked with toilet paper and glass/plastic cups.

Before our friends and I left for the concert, my husband had called the front desk to inquire about visitor parking. We had a couple of cars parked in the visitors parking for the evening and wanted to confirm at what time they were allowed to park in their garage. The lady on at the front desk was very rude over the phone and replied with an assumption that all of our friends were staying the night (which they were not). The front desk replied 'Your friends will get a ticket after 2PM'. Her response was not to the liking of my husband who later called the front desk back to speak to a manager in regards to the poor customer service the lady had earlier. To make our case clear, We had a few friends meet us at the hotel before the concert to drink and carpool together. Our friends did not stay over night and was gone by 1AM.

Before we had left, we also called to have a blanket brought up to our room which we waited over an hour for and still did not receive it by the time we left for the concert. When we arrived back to the hotel, the blanket was on the couch. Housekeeping must have let themselves in while we were away, which I am not too pleased about.

The morning of our check-out, I had called to request fresh towels and more toilet paper be brought to our room. Unfortunately, that request took another hour to wait for until I followed up with another phone call. I had to wait an hour and half for fresh towels and toilet paper! Seriously?

That pretty much sums up our stay at this hotel. It wasn't the worst experience we've had but it also isn't the best. This hotel will not be our #1 choice next time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the service in which you received during your last stay with us. This is not the usual standard that we strive to uphold for our guests. With your feedback, this gives me the opportunity to provide coaching for the staff involved so that we are able to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Again, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and I do hope that you will choose other Marriott hotels to stay with in your future travels.
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice and comfortable. Shuttle pick up at the airport was efficient (15 minutes).

Now the bad. I am a 4 year running Marriott Platinum member. Never in my life have I stayed at a hotel that has a "disco light" control box on the back of the tv. Most boxes or controls are never visible. This cable control box is always on with a blinking red LED, green LED, and white LED. The whole thing reflects off the back of the wall and lights up the room. Needless to say I did not sleep at all.

I decided to say something when I checked out. The woman at the desk looked at me like I was crazy and rudely said " I have no idea what you are talking about! If you have a complaint you have to talk to our manager and he is not here." Mind you I checked out at 9:30 am and their was no manger there. Plus she never asked how was your stay. Common courtesy at most places.

Just because of the lights visible in the room I probably would not recommend this property.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I would like to sincerely apologise for the response you received upon check out from the guest service agent. We strive to ensure our guests have a comfortable nights sleep and I am truly sorry that this did not happen. I will be checking into this issue with the lights on the back of the tv immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope that you will stay with us again when requiring a room in the Toronto airport area.
Maxwell, Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next doror, but thought I would give this a try. Mistake! Rooms were nice, bed comfortable but I was in Room 214 on the second floor facing the highly illuminated car park. Curtains did not close so was like sleeping in Trafalgar Square in London. Breakfast was rubbish - I went down at 6.10 (they start at 6.00 supposedly), half the stuff not there. Plastic knives, forks and spoons, paper plates. Insipid bland scrambled egg, cold boiled eggs. Had to put toast in toaster 3 times before it resembled toast. COME ON MARRIOTT, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS! Especially at $128 per night. I won't be back

Room Tip: I was in 214, room nice but I was on the 2nd floor facing the highly illuminated car park! And the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your comments.
Your feedback is much appreciated as we can address any issues and make it better for our future guests. I have spoken with the appropriate department regarding your issues and can assure you this will not repeat itself moving forward. Thank you again!

Hopefully you'll give us a 2nd chance to make things better.

Kind Regards,
Ann Balraj

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!