“Less than average stay!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Less than average stay!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the Hardwell concert in November 2014.
Check-in was a breeze and parked in their visitors garage above the main floor. It was nice to have the entrance from the garage go down directly to the elevators. Unfortunately, we had to carry all our belongings down the stairs without any assistance. The concierge should have advised us at check-in to bring in any belongings for assistance.

The hotel room was average and very spacious. Unfortunately, our room was not fully stocked with toilet paper and glass/plastic cups.

Before our friends and I left for the concert, my husband had called the front desk to inquire about visitor parking. We had a couple of cars parked in the visitors parking for the evening and wanted to confirm at what time they were allowed to park in their garage. The lady on at the front desk was very rude over the phone and replied with an assumption that all of our friends were staying the night (which they were not). The front desk replied 'Your friends will get a ticket after 2PM'. Her response was not to the liking of my husband who later called the front desk back to speak to a manager in regards to the poor customer service the lady had earlier. To make our case clear, We had a few friends meet us at the hotel before the concert to drink and carpool together. Our friends did not stay over night and was gone by 1AM.

Before we had left, we also called to have a blanket brought up to our room which we waited over an hour for and still did not receive it by the time we left for the concert. When we arrived back to the hotel, the blanket was on the couch. Housekeeping must have let themselves in while we were away, which I am not too pleased about.

The morning of our check-out, I had called to request fresh towels and more toilet paper be brought to our room. Unfortunately, that request took another hour to wait for until I followed up with another phone call. I had to wait an hour and half for fresh towels and toilet paper! Seriously?

That pretty much sums up our stay at this hotel. It wasn't the worst experience we've had but it also isn't the best. This hotel will not be our #1 choice next time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the service in which you received during your last stay with us. This is not the usual standard that we strive to uphold for our guests. With your feedback, this gives me the opportunity to provide coaching for the staff involved so that we are able to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Again, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and I do hope that you will choose other Marriott hotels to stay with in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is nice and comfortable. Shuttle pick up at the airport was efficient (15 minutes).

Now the bad. I am a 4 year running Marriott Platinum member. Never in my life have I stayed at a hotel that has a "disco light" control box on the back of the tv. Most boxes or controls are never visible. This cable control box is always on with a blinking red LED, green LED, and white LED. The whole thing reflects off the back of the wall and lights up the room. Needless to say I did not sleep at all.

I decided to say something when I checked out. The woman at the desk looked at me like I was crazy and rudely said " I have no idea what you are talking about! If you have a complaint you have to talk to our manager and he is not here." Mind you I checked out at 9:30 am and their was no manger there. Plus she never asked how was your stay. Common courtesy at most places.

Just because of the lights visible in the room I probably would not recommend this property.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I would like to sincerely apologise for the response you received upon check out from the guest service agent. We strive to ensure our guests have a comfortable nights sleep and I am truly sorry that this did not happen. I will be checking into this issue with the lights on the back of the tv immediately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope that you will stay with us again when requiring a room in the Toronto airport area.
Maxwell, Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next doror, but thought I would give this a try. Mistake! Rooms were nice, bed comfortable but I was in Room 214 on the second floor facing the highly illuminated car park. Curtains did not close so was like sleeping in Trafalgar Square in London. Breakfast was rubbish - I went down at 6.10 (they start at 6.00 supposedly), half the stuff not there. Plastic knives, forks and spoons, paper plates. Insipid bland scrambled egg, cold boiled eggs. Had to put toast in toaster 3 times before it resembled toast. COME ON MARRIOTT, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS! Especially at $128 per night. I won't be back

Room Tip: I was in 214, room nice but I was on the 2nd floor facing the highly illuminated car park! And the...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Hello,
Thank you for your comments.
Your feedback is much appreciated as we can address any issues and make it better for our future guests. I have spoken with the appropriate department regarding your issues and can assure you this will not repeat itself moving forward. Thank you again!

Hopefully you'll give us a 2nd chance to make things better.

Kind Regards,
Ann Balraj
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a good choice for an overnight stay. It has spacious rooms and friendly staff. We returned our rental car the night before our flight using their shuttle service. Restaurant food was OK and breakfast was adequate...Price was really good! Will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Return your rental car the night before your flight...Nice to hop on the shuttle in the morning and...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for one night as we had an early flight out of Pearson the next morning. Room was spacious and clean but entryway and some walls banged up, no working bathroom fan, extremely noisy heating/cooling fan. Ate in the hotel restaurant as no other place to eat in the area, food was good, but pricey for standard fare. WiFi didn't work in the dining area although worked well in our room. Pool and hot tub were nice with plenty of fresh towels for use. Shuttle service was fast end efficient, although it's on a first come, first serve basis. Didn't eat breakfast as weekday breakfast is served form 6am and we were on the 6am shuttle. Being an airport hotel, a grab and go brown bag breakfast would've been greatly appreciated, especially since guests do leave for early am flights.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Fairfield Inn and Suites Toronto Airport.
I would like to apologize for the internet not being up to par, we are in the process of updating the speed, this will be done within the next month.
Also we do provide a grab and go breakfast bag for our guests who's leaving early in the morning. At check in please let us know and this can be arranged.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Ann Balraj
Singapore, Singapore
1,053 reviews 1,053 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here recently for 2 nights using points. Free shuttle service from the airport is very convenient, also if you need to go downtown by public transport: just transfer from the shuttle to the 192 bus at the airport. Friendly staff, comfortable bed. Some neighbour noise from slamming doors etc but manageable. Basic breakfast provided, but only from 7am on weekends. Free wifi.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Eldoret
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

The room was clean and a good size but rather drab and poorly decorated. I think maybe the light comforter and pillows were meant to brighten up the room but not much could be done for the teal printed/abstract walls and orange/rust patterned carpeted floor.

A caution deposit was deducted from my credit card which surprised me but when I checked out, it had been refunded. It would have been nice to have been made aware of this in advance. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and check-in was fast.

The breakfast was ok -- bread, cold cereal, cold hard-boiled eggs, baked goods -- not fresh, lots of coffee. The supper I ordered in the restaurant was good but expensive for what I got and there are no other restaurant options in the area.

The room was quiet for which I was thankful as my departure the next morning would be an early one.

The main reason I chose this hotel was proximity to the airport. The shuttle ride to the airport terminal was only 5 minutes (if that) so this is a good place to stay for early departure times from the airport.

I was glad that the Wifi worked although it took me sometime to get it working.

I would possibly stay here again. There are many hotel options near the airport from which to choose.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!