“Great Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
Fredericton, Canada
“Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed for 1 night in August and experience a wonderful stay.
We had a big room with 2 beds but the living room area was very nice and added extra space so we weren't crowded. The bed and pillows were so comfortable and we had a great night sleep.
We flew in to Toronto and we arrived late but the shuttle service was fast and efficient. Check in was quick and pleasant.
The morning breakfast was very good and they offeres lots of choices like eggs, sausage with plenty of bread and pastries. They had lots of juice to pick from and lots of coffee and tea.
This will definitely be a hotel we will stay at again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Parry Sound, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I are celebrating our honeymoon and required accommodations prior to flying out of Toronto. I'm very pleased to say that our stay at the Fairfield Inn was perfect. At checkin we received a wonderful reception from Varun, who gave advice on where to find great Indian food! He also upgraded our room to a jacuzzi suite to help us celebrate!

Possibly one of the best features is the parking for the park, stay, and fly. It's on the same property and literally steps from the elevators. Stay here if you want access to your vehicle before you fly.

Everything else from breakfast, quietness, cleanliness, and comfort were perfect.

Thank you, Fairfield Inn and staff for making our stay great!

• Stayed September 2014
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank You for the great response.
I am very happy that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Hope to see you again in the near future when your travels bring to the Airport area.

Regards,
Halifax,Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been staying at this hotel many times over the past 10 years, the hotel is a convenient
10 minute walk to the office I use when in Toronto. The rooms have always been clean. The floor selection is important and if you can get on the higher floors you will have no street noise or in the case of 2nd or 3rd floor noise from the lobby and elevators. The hotel offers a pretty inclusive breakfast. The shuttle service is very prompt and they will pick you up from local offices and businesses around the airport. The internet is usually good however they have changed service providers twice with disappointing results. The current system requires a password even as you are working online you will see the VPN lock break and then prompted by a popup to re-enter the password. Very frustrating. Sometimes if my room is face the side hotels I use their system lately. Will I stay there again. Yes reservations already in the system.

Room Tip: make sure you are on floor 4 or higher
Green Features: if you hang your towel on the rack and not on the floor they will leave it for you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is convenient. The airport shuttle is timely. Breakfast was good. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Front desk staff are courteous and helpful. The Marriott App surely does work; they had the key ready for me upon arrival. Didn't wait two seconds!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Marseilles, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is a shame for an airport hotel to forget that the custumers travellers can have an early flight in the morning 7:30am and don't have a breakfast service before 6:00am !!
My wife and teen stayed without eating the morning !
I paid a room with breakfast that I couln't use!
Never return at Marriot everywhere in the world.
Avoid this hotel.
Sorry for my english ee

Stayed September 2014
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello,
Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to have breakfast before you left early that morning.
We do offer a breakfast bag to go if our guests are departing earlier.
At check in our front desk agents informs the guest of the restaurant hours and if they are leaving earlier in the morning they inform the guests that the restaurant can prepare breakfast bags to go.

Again accept my sincerest apologies.

Best Regards,
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night ..it was as I would expect a Marriott hotel to be ..comfortable , clean and modern! But it was after we left that I really appreciated it...I left my Jacket in the room and called the hotel..I was connected with Rhonda from housekeeping..she went above and beyond ..called me back to let me know they found my jacket and then was soooo wonderful helping me get it shipped home! I was a Marriott girl before... but now I am even more ! Thanks Marriott and Especially Rhonda!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived on Sunday, August 24th, for a one-night stay in the King Spa Suite, room 719. We arrived at check-in time - 3pm - but our room was not ready and we had to wait 20-25 minutes for them to finish cleaning the room. Unfortunately, this meant that we would not be able to take advantage of the spa amenity, as we had planned to use it to unwind after a long drive, because we were on a tight schedule and needed to leave the hotel by 4pm to head to a concert downtown. Upon check-out, I asked the clerk if it was possible to compensate us for the added cost we paid for the spa room over a non-spa room, since it was an amenity we were unable to enjoy due to the hotel not having our room ready by the check-in time (I asked for just a $10-$15 credit as a token of their apology for making us wait and forcing us to lose out on our relaxation time). She gave us a hard time but ultimately agreed to talk to her manager and have the manager call us back. They never did.

Other problems we encountered... Upon arriving in the room, the floor in front of the fridge was soaking wet (gross). The cabinet to the left of the fridge was badly damaged (warped and chipped wood) and wouldn't close, and the toilet ran all night. We were on such a tight schedule that we didn't have time to report any of these problems to maintenance (we were in our room from 3:30-4pm, out until 12:15am, checked out by 9am).

In the breakfast area, the employee working it couldn't keep up with the volume of diners, so many of the containers were empty and not restocked (ran out of muffins, eggs, croissants, flavored coffee creamer, coffee lids). There was insufficient seating for the number of people, but also a sign saying that all food must be consumed in the breakfast area and can't be taken back to your room (so they expect you to stand while you're eating?).

Lastly, on the drive back home, I discovered a bunch of bug bites on my legs (at least a dozen). We weren't outside for any part of the trip and the only other place we visited was the Air Canada Center (indoor concert), so I am convinced that the bug bites happened at night in the hotel (bedbugs or spiders maybe)?

All in all, this was a disappointing experience and while I've been to the Toronto area dozens of times, typically staying in the Mississauga/Toronto airport vicinity, this was our first visit to the Fairfield Inn - and we will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We value everything and anything you have to say as it's the only way we'll know how we are doing, through your comments we can make things better for our future guests.

I am so sorry the breakfast did not run as it should have that morning, please rest assured those issues have been dealt with and it's back to normal.

The front desk agent did pass on the message to me and there was a message left in your room approximately 9:50am.
I am so sorry to hear that you had bites on your legs, I can assure you our hotel is free of bugs, as we do testing every week to ensure our rooms are clean.

Since you booked your room through a third party website (Expedia) you had already paid them before your arrival, I have removed the parking charges from your hotel receipt to compensate for not being able to get into your room at 3pm but instead at 3:20pm.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for staying with us.

Kind Regards,
Ann Balraj

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!