We arrived on Sunday, August 24th, for a one-night stay in the King Spa Suite, room 719. We arrived at check-in time - 3pm - but our room was not ready and we had to wait 20-25 minutes for them to finish cleaning the room. Unfortunately, this meant that we would not be able to take advantage of the spa amenity, as we had planned to use it to unwind after a long drive, because we were on a tight schedule and needed to leave the hotel by 4pm to head to a concert downtown. Upon check-out, I asked the clerk if it was possible to compensate us for the added cost we paid for the spa room over a non-spa room, since it was an amenity we were unable to enjoy due to the hotel not having our room ready by the check-in time (I asked for just a $10-$15 credit as a token of their apology for making us wait and forcing us to lose out on our relaxation time). She gave us a hard time but ultimately agreed to talk to her manager and have the manager call us back. They never did.
Other problems we encountered... Upon arriving in the room, the floor in front of the fridge was soaking wet (gross). The cabinet to the left of the fridge was badly damaged (warped and chipped wood) and wouldn't close, and the toilet ran all night. We were on such a tight schedule that we didn't have time to report any of these problems to maintenance (we were in our room from 3:30-4pm, out until 12:15am, checked out by 9am).
In the breakfast area, the employee working it couldn't keep up with the volume of diners, so many of the containers were empty and not restocked (ran out of muffins, eggs, croissants, flavored coffee creamer, coffee lids). There was insufficient seating for the number of people, but also a sign saying that all food must be consumed in the breakfast area and can't be taken back to your room (so they expect you to stand while you're eating?).
Lastly, on the drive back home, I discovered a bunch of bug bites on my legs (at least a dozen). We weren't outside for any part of the trip and the only other place we visited was the Air Canada Center (indoor concert), so I am convinced that the bug bites happened at night in the hotel (bedbugs or spiders maybe)?
All in all, this was a disappointing experience and while I've been to the Toronto area dozens of times, typically staying in the Mississauga/Toronto airport vicinity, this was our first visit to the Fairfield Inn - and we will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Toronto Airport is located at 3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga Ontario.We are conveniently located less than one mile from Toronto Pearson airport via our free 24-hour direct shuttle service, this airport hotel is also near to all major highways, the International and Congress Centres as well as a large number of businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Toronto Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport Hotel Mississauga
- Fairfield Inn Toronto Airport
- Fairfield Inn Mississauga
- Fairfield Mississauga
- Mississauga Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport Mississauga, Ontario