“Several small issues culminated into disappointment + bedbugs?” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Binghamton, New York
“Several small issues culminated into disappointment + bedbugs?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived on Sunday, August 24th, for a one-night stay in the King Spa Suite, room 719. We arrived at check-in time - 3pm - but our room was not ready and we had to wait 20-25 minutes for them to finish cleaning the room. Unfortunately, this meant that we would not be able to take advantage of the spa amenity, as we had planned to use it to unwind after a long drive, because we were on a tight schedule and needed to leave the hotel by 4pm to head to a concert downtown. Upon check-out, I asked the clerk if it was possible to compensate us for the added cost we paid for the spa room over a non-spa room, since it was an amenity we were unable to enjoy due to the hotel not having our room ready by the check-in time (I asked for just a $10-$15 credit as a token of their apology for making us wait and forcing us to lose out on our relaxation time). She gave us a hard time but ultimately agreed to talk to her manager and have the manager call us back. They never did.

Other problems we encountered... Upon arriving in the room, the floor in front of the fridge was soaking wet (gross). The cabinet to the left of the fridge was badly damaged (warped and chipped wood) and wouldn't close, and the toilet ran all night. We were on such a tight schedule that we didn't have time to report any of these problems to maintenance (we were in our room from 3:30-4pm, out until 12:15am, checked out by 9am).

In the breakfast area, the employee working it couldn't keep up with the volume of diners, so many of the containers were empty and not restocked (ran out of muffins, eggs, croissants, flavored coffee creamer, coffee lids). There was insufficient seating for the number of people, but also a sign saying that all food must be consumed in the breakfast area and can't be taken back to your room (so they expect you to stand while you're eating?).

Lastly, on the drive back home, I discovered a bunch of bug bites on my legs (at least a dozen). We weren't outside for any part of the trip and the only other place we visited was the Air Canada Center (indoor concert), so I am convinced that the bug bites happened at night in the hotel (bedbugs or spiders maybe)?

All in all, this was a disappointing experience and while I've been to the Toronto area dozens of times, typically staying in the Mississauga/Toronto airport vicinity, this was our first visit to the Fairfield Inn - and we will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We value everything and anything you have to say as it's the only way we'll know how we are doing, through your comments we can make things better for our future guests.

I am so sorry the breakfast did not run as it should have that morning, please rest assured those issues have been dealt with and it's back to normal.

The front desk agent did pass on the message to me and there was a message left in your room approximately 9:50am.
I am so sorry to hear that you had bites on your legs, I can assure you our hotel is free of bugs, as we do testing every week to ensure our rooms are clean.

Since you booked your room through a third party website (Expedia) you had already paid them before your arrival, I have removed the parking charges from your hotel receipt to compensate for not being able to get into your room at 3pm but instead at 3:20pm.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and thank you for staying with us.

Kind Regards,

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
East Meadow, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My son & daughter went to this hotel on a camp trip stayed there for 3 days they said it was clean and neat, staff was friendly nice breakfast buffet had a nice time. My daughter left her Ipod in her room so I thought I would try to see if it was found and it was. I would like to thank Rhonda & Diego in Housekeeping for the return of my daughter's Ipod.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver Island, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a great place to stay overnight near the Toronto airport. It's quiet, it's clean, it's comfortable and the staff is friendly & helpful.

They serve a breakfast buffet which was included in our room rate. It's one of the better ones - hot eggs, sausages, waffles, breads, fruits, cereal, yogurt and beverages.

There is a shuttle that runs to the airport every half hour. Our driver was a very pleasant helpful lady.

It's all good here at the Fairfield Inn by the Toronto Hotel.

Room Tip: I think they're all great here - big and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ABalraj, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello,
Thank you very much for posting such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Hopefully we'll see you the next time your travel needs brings you to the airport area.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had to stay in Mississauga for few days on business and couldn't have been more pleased with the entire stay at this Fairfield Inn & suites. All staff went above and beyond from front desk to the cleaning lady. I wish I could remember their names.. They were incredibly helpful in multiple
instances! The room was super clean and had everything in it, microwave, mini fridge, coffee
maker, comfortable beds, internet service, and brand-new hd TV's.
The breakfast was busy but it had everything that you need to start your day. I loved the
fresh coffee, muffins, etc... what I liked most was the service that the Fairfield Inn & Suites provided. I will differently come back to this hotel on my next visit to Toronto GTA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here two nights for a mini vacation. Nice hotel. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. I really hate to have to pay for parking at a hotel that I already pay good money for and the internet connection wouldn't work in the bedroom of the suite. Had a very hard time staying connected!

• Stayed August 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am so sorry you didn't get connected using our wifi, we are in the process of upgrading and we will be very delighted for you to come and stay with us again when you're in the airport area.

Kind Regards
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in Toronto visiting friends and spent 3 nights at this hotel. The complimentary airport shuttle runs 24/7 to and from the airport which was very convenient, the driver was kind enough to lift my luggage in and out of the bus. I arrived before the 3pm check-in time and the lady at the desk was able to help me with an early check-in so I didn't have to wait in the lobby. My room was clean and smelled fresh, the housekeeper on my floor was very helpful as I needed a few extra amenities and she was more then happy to give them to me. I was late for breakfast the next morning but the ladies who worked there offered to put a plate together for me, that was nice, I made it for breakfast the morning after, the selection was great and the make your own waffles are tasty. I didn't get a chance to have dinner in the on-site restaurant but when I walked by it was busy so I'm sure it's good. I only stayed 3 nights but the staff makes you feel welcome and right at home.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just spent a 3 night mini-vacation at this hotel with our two small children. We arrived very early in the morning off our flight (8am) and although check in isn't until 3pm, we thought we'd check with the front desk and see if there might be a room available for our 2 sleepy kids to take a nap. The assistant manager was working and within 10mins we had a key and on our way to our room on the 7th floor. My husband has Gold-Elite status with Marriott, so this probably had a big part in getting us an early check in! Our room was very spacious, with a couch, coffee table, mini fridge and microwave. It was very clean, with modern décor. We used the pool several times, it was small but fairly clean. The spa was not too hot, perfect for the kids. The breakfast was tasty, hot, and plentiful. The staff working the breakfast did their best to keep up with the mad rush of breakfast hour, but it was a small space and a lot of people. Two ladies working there were very friendly and helpful, and always smiling. I wish I could remember their names, they did a great job. I felt bad for them a few times, people can be pretty greedy and cranky in the mornings. I would return to this hotel for our next visit, with the kids. The only complaint I have is no coffee available in the lobby during the day. There is a coffee maker in your room, but the hotel could save money by getting rid of these and just providing fresh coffee in the lobby. Nothing smells more inviting than fresh coffee when you walk into a hotel for the first time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!