“Excellent and just right for what it is.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Macau, China
“Excellent and just right for what it is.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was flying into Toronto from Australia on the way to a conference in Kitchener Waterloo. I wanted somewhere close to the airport to spend two nights recovering from the flight before going down to the conference. I choose it over other ones because of the proximity to the airport, the pool, the size of the rooms and the free breakfast. All of these were as expected or better. I did not plan to leave the hotel (sorry Toronto, some other time hopefully) so had to be there much of the time. The rooms (separate bedroom) were large and spacious. The pool and spa were very nice, the free breakfast perfectly adequate for the purpose. The rooms were clean, the tv's worked, there was an iron and ironing board (very handy for preparing shirts for the coming weeks conference). I only have one gripe and one disappointment.

When i arrived at the airport at 11pm the shuttle bus did not arrive - everyone else's did at regular intervals but after 45mins there was still not shuttle bus for this hotel. It was not clear if i had to just wait it out or ring someone (not easy when just arriving from Australia with an Australian phone at that moment). By the time midnight came I decided to get a Taxi which was a standard fare of around $30 for a trip less than five minutes. That hurt.

Also the bar is not much to write home about - it is small and only open in the evening - the bar staff (and the staff in general) were good and friendly. But i guess the hotel is not really a hip venue in itself and surrounded by industrial parks probably does not get the flow through traffic of the passing customers out for an evening stroll.

Room Tip: Get one facing the airport on an upper floor - always entertaining watching the flights come in from...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind review! Firstly, i would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had while waiting for the shuttle! Our shuttle is available 24/7 on call from the airport and every half hour on the hour from the hotel upon a request by a guest.

I am happy that you liked our hotel as a whole in terms of the rooms, breakfast variety, and our lounge etc. We actually feature 30% bigger rooms compared to other similarly branded hotels. We also feature more hot breakfast items that other hotels in our area. One thing that actually distinguishes us from the competition is our staff. We go above and beyond to meet our guests' expectations and make sure that their stay is a memorable one. We are sorry that you had to leave even-though you wanted to stay in Toronto, but there is always another time!

Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
jersey city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our first stay at a Fairfield Inn last weekend was very good. Hotel was very easy to find, check in was quick, room was on the 7th floor, view of Mississauga and the airport in the distance. Convenience of a microwave and refrigerator, bed was comfy, room and bathroom was clean, breakfast had really good choices, parking was no problem. Breakfast was open at 6:30 instead of 7 on Sunday, as several guests were leaving early, that's a plus, yes I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review. I am glad to know that you liked every aspect of our hotel's services. Reviews like these motivate us to strive for perfection each time every time.

Sincerely
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Once again, this hotel has exceeded expectations. Very quiet rooms, despite being very close to Pearson Airport. Very clean room, and a decent breakfast buffet. It should also be noted that the room rates are quite reasonable. Equally important, if not more so, the staff were friendly and genuine. All in all, another first-rate stay.

Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your kind review! It seems like you are totally satisfied with our hotel and my staff! I am glad to know that you had a comfortable and a pleasing stay with us. Our newly renovated hotel, happy employees and competetive rates makes us an ideal choice for travellers like yourself. I am looking forward to have you as our guest again and service your needs.

Thanks again!!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I visit the GTA a couple of times a year for leisure. We used to shop around or Priceline for a hotel close to whatever it is that we're in town to do. A couple of trips ago, we stumbled upon the Fairfield by Pearson Airport because of a Marriott Rewards promotion that was going on. We've stayed here three times since then. The hotel has become our go-to when we're in the area, since it is conveniently located to the 427 and is reasonably priced for the amenity level. The rooms are spacious (not huge, but plenty spacious, particularly for an airport hotel). The breakfast is above-average. I've stayed at many Fairfields that have rubbery eggs on their buffet. Not this hotel. The eggs (and all other food on the buffet) is fresh and well-stocked. Parking is convenient, as well, and reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. We have never used the airport shuttle, so I cannot comment on that. The hotel does have a departures monitor in the lobby, which would be very helpful if I were flying out. We'll definitely be back anytime that our travels take us to Toronto.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your great review! I am delighted that you have become a regular guest by giving us a try in one of the Marriott Rewards promotions. Our staff, both front of the house and back of the house goes above and beyond to make our guests' stay a memorable one. I will look forward to having you our guest again in the future and our hotel will surpass your expectations every time.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The shuttle service was prompt. I used it from the airport to the hotel. Then back to the airport to pick up my rental car. Both times were hassle-free experiences.

The room was nice and clean. The front desk staff persons were very accommodating and helpful. Check in was easy and fast. The menu at the restaurant is simple but the food was good. The FREE breakfast was quite good and the coffee was excellent :)) I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Whirlpool suite is worth it. If you are going to rent a car, get the GPS. This made traveling in Can...
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

pleasently surprised. @ the price of 100 Canadian this hotel is a good deal. nice lobby/ good rooms/ free internet. definitely next stay at the fairfield - toronto airport. the restuarent/ bar could be better with some more life and light.

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind review! We are very competetively priced in the airport area. Our Rooms and ameneties together with the excellent staff more than serve the value of the price paid by our guests. We are looking forward to enhance our lounge area. I will welcome if you could contribute with your ideas.

Thanks again!!
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is very interesting. I must say it ranks high on my list of hotels near YYZ. As a platinum elite member, I've had the opportunity to see a lot of hotels in and out of the Marriott Chain and I will try to review this from a perspective of a guest and a Platinum member.

Check in was smooth, friendly and efficient. I did check in relatively early and did not have a problem. In fact, I had a reservation at a Courtyard, and because check in was not very professional and they could not accommodate an early check in, I immediately cancelled and opted to try this Fairfield for the first time. Excellent decision on my part!

The front desk agent immediately recognized status and without skipping a beat, upgraded my room. He also offered the extra points or amenities for plat/gold. I was very happy that all of this happened unprompted, because it is very well known that too many Marriott hotels are passive with regards to status. That's the one biggest step to keeping my business! Great job.

The room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated considering Fairfield is the lower cost brand. Also, I believe it is the closest Marriott hotel to the airport, yet it is one of the quietest hotels I've been in so far. Speaking of quiet, the ventilation system was also surprisingly quiet. Breakfast was beautifully presented, well stocked and had good selection. Scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausages, cereals, yogurts and fruit to name the significant items.

I am considering making this my "go to" hotel in YYZ because I was very impressed by the quality, and it could easily surpass a full service hotel. Sometimes, going back to simplicity and recalling the true meaning of hospitality is necessary in this day and age.

I would be lying if I said there was nothing to improve on. In fact, my opinion of this hotel was and still is hung up on this hotel for the following, easy to improve reasons:

- Late checkout. This is the most important one to me considering my later flight times. Industry standards for late checkout are usually at the very least 2PM (Choice Hotels for example). From my experience, it's more often 4PM than not (Starwood, Accor, etc.) and usually granted even to travelers who don't have status at a given hotel. I was extremely disappointed to hear that I could not request anything past 1:30 because the system would "automatically" charge me extra. I'd have no problem in giving up a late checkout due to a full hotel, but an automatic charge to me seems unreasonable. Especially for a plat member. Unfortunately, this was the last contact with the hotel and left me with a not so good last impression.

- Coffee in the lobby. On the hotel's fact sheet, it is indicated that there is coffee available in the lobby. When I went to check at two different times, it was no where to be found...

In summary, definitely a hotel I would stay at again regularly and recommend to others based on price, value, quality and proximity to the airport, but provided that the above two items are addressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind review! It is great to know that you were happy with your check in and being acknowledged as a Platinum Member. As a Platinum Member you have earned the VIP status and our staff is trained to actually make you feel special. On another note, the coffee actually is 24 hour available in the lobby. The coffee dispenser is located near the juice machine in the breakfast area.
The late check out time is actually influenced by the proximity to the airport. Since almost every guest requests one, we have to be a little conservative considering the check in time of 3.00 PM for the other guests. I apologize if that caused any inconvenience to you.
I will be looking forward to serve your needs again in the future.

Thanks

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!