“Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 57 hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you are flying out of Toronto Airport, this is a nice place to stay. Very nice lobby, rooms are large, but awkward, like they are missing furniture. Beds were comfortable.

My only complaint is, close to airport, so you do hear the planes a little.

• Stayed April 2013

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NewBrunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We over-nighted at this hotel before catching our connecting flight from Pearson to Punta Cana.

We’ve stayed here several times and are always pleased with the room quality and customer service. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle service which runs every half hour which is very convenient. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient; the rooms are spacious and clean and the location, just minutes from Pearson, is exceptional. Our rate of $104 plus tax was a good value.

I will continue to use this hotel whenever an overnight stay close to Pearson airport is required.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overnight business trip. Last time stayed at the Courtyard Marriott. Nothing special. So tried the Fairfield instead. I have Marriott status. Good little restaurant on site - not great, but adequate for a quick bite. Well maintained, and there were upgrades going on when I was there to keep it fresh. Room was large and quiet. Very comfortable and good for working in. Internet access was fast and reliable.
Was a bit of a stinker having to park in the upper level. Not plowed out well - almost needed a 4x4 to get in and out of spots. And nasty to climb stairs to get to the hotel, lugging a suitcase.

I got in late, so was not worth calling about, but there was a jumble of different sized and shaped pillows. None of them were outstanding or very large. Not sure what the point of that was. I would have called to get some better ones - but I didn't.

Reception staff was fast, efficient, courteous. Was a good place to stay. I would recommend for a business traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind response. We have totally renovated the hotel and are the newest Marriott product in the airport area. The renovation topped by our excellent service makes us an ideal choice for most of the travellers like you. We will be happy to welcome you at our hotel in future.
Caledonia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have personally stayed here a number times at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Pearson Airport and have never encountered the issues described in some of the reviews. As a travel agent, I take great care and pride in checking out hotels first before booking them for my clients. I have booked multiple clients at his hotel and always follow-up for their review and they have all stated they were very happy. You can't beat the value either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your motivating review. We are always glad to assist travel agents like yourself to cater their needs. Please feel free to contact me directly, should any issue ever come up. Sincerely
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Fairfield Inn Toronto Airport, on a business trip. It was a very disappointing stay, to say the least. I travel a lot, both for busines and leisure, and have Marriott gold status, so I do have expectations when I check in a hotel under the Marriott banner. Other reviewers mentioned that there is free breakfast and free internet, so I will just post my experience with other aspects that are also important.

The room I was given on the 6th floor had not been cleaned properly, the carpet was dirty, with pretzel sticks and walnuts around. So I called front desk and they sent a cleaning person to vacuum it while I was there! Frankly, I know the hotel was not full (checked the web site), why wasn't I offerred another room right away? Then I noticed that the smoke detector was off the wall and hanging by some wires, so I called the front desk again and requested another room. I then moved, but to another room type than I had booked. That's one of the perks of having gold status, the room type is guaranteed, but not in this case. Maybe because I had to change rooms, but I wasn't going to stay in a room without a smoke detector!

The carpet on the 6th floor hallway was dirty and there were piles of boxes and Christmas decorations and other stuff right in front of the elevator. The hotel lobby and pool are under renovations, but nowhere on the hotel web site did it say so when I booked.

I had called the Marriott customer service and filed a complaint. They assured me that the GM (Mr. Rohit) was going to get in touch with me. That, he did, left a message the following evening when I was out. I tried to get in touch with him the following day, but he wasn't in at 8h30 when I checked out; I called during the day and left a message on his voice mail but of course by then I had already checked out so he did not bother returning my call.

So, dirty hotel, inexisting customer service, why spend money there instead of going to a clean and safe hotel? I surely will not return to this place. They simply don't deserve to be in the Marriott chain.
I

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your review! I apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced while staying with us. We were under major renovations until last week and that was the reason for some maintenance and construction material that you noticed.

The whole ambiance of our hotel has changed and i would request you to give us another chance to experience our hospitality. I know you will love it!
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just checked in late with no reservation, still good a great room with a great rate .
Front desk staff was very friendly, and accomodating .
Great underground parking, and free continental breakfast .
Nice Lounge, with good food even till 10 or 10: 30 P.M.
Rooms were very nice, very clean and very spacious ,
All around a great experience, and for just $ 139,00 plus tax .

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your good review! At Marriott we offer a very quality product with excellent service at a great price. We have renovated and will continue to be better every time you stay with us.
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Service was excellent and the price couldnt be beat. The pool was warm and clean. And the hottub was hot like it should be. Available underground parking was a bonus. Room decor was different than I am used to, but it was very clean. Beds were comfortable and the hotel was very quiet despite how busy it was. The free breakfast was very good with a wide assortment including good scrambled eggs ( trust me I would say if they were not) and the sausages were not greasy like other places. All in all excellent for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ragnihotri, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your kind review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Kindly let us know if we can do anything else to make your stay even more comfortable. Thanks

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!