I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Fairfield Inn Toronto Airport, on a business trip. It was a very disappointing stay, to say the least. I travel a lot, both for busines and leisure, and have Marriott gold status, so I do have expectations when I check in a hotel under the Marriott banner. Other reviewers mentioned that there is free breakfast and free internet, so I will just post my experience with other aspects that are also important.
The room I was given on the 6th floor had not been cleaned properly, the carpet was dirty, with pretzel sticks and walnuts around. So I called front desk and they sent a cleaning person to vacuum it while I was there! Frankly, I know the hotel was not full (checked the web site), why wasn't I offerred another room right away? Then I noticed that the smoke detector was off the wall and hanging by some wires, so I called the front desk again and requested another room. I then moved, but to another room type than I had booked. That's one of the perks of having gold status, the room type is guaranteed, but not in this case. Maybe because I had to change rooms, but I wasn't going to stay in a room without a smoke detector!
The carpet on the 6th floor hallway was dirty and there were piles of boxes and Christmas decorations and other stuff right in front of the elevator. The hotel lobby and pool are under renovations, but nowhere on the hotel web site did it say so when I booked.
I had called the Marriott customer service and filed a complaint. They assured me that the GM (Mr. Rohit) was going to get in touch with me. That, he did, left a message the following evening when I was out. I tried to get in touch with him the following day, but he wasn't in at 8h30 when I checked out; I called during the day and left a message on his voice mail but of course by then I had already checked out so he did not bother returning my call.
So, dirty hotel, inexisting customer service, why spend money there instead of going to a clean and safe hotel? I surely will not return to this place. They simply don't deserve to be in the Marriott chain.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Toronto Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport Hotel Mississauga
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Toronto Airport
- Fairfield Inn Mississauga
- Fairfield Mississauga
- Mississauga Fairfield Inn
- Mississauga Fairfield
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport Mississauga, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Toronto Airport is located at 3299 Caroga Drive, Mississauga Ontario.We are conveniently located less than one mile from Toronto Pearson airport via our free 24-hour direct shuttle service, this airport hotel is also near to all major highways, the International and Congress Centres as well as a large number of businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.