“Service” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #26 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
“Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After recently missing a connecting flight, Leenaza at the reception desk was extremely empathetic, kind and efficient in checking us into our room. It was late, we were tired and slept well. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The next morning, the shuttle was on time to return us to the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback of your recent stay with us. It is very unfortunate that you missed your flight but we were certainly happy to have you with us for the night. I am so pleased to read that you had a good impression of our hotel, of our guest rooms and shuttle service, but particularly of the service received from Leenaza. I have forwarded your message to her and will ensure that she is recognized for her efforts. Our team and I hope that you will visit us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my mom and Dad who stayed at your hotel last week because of flight delayed and Air Canada put them to Delta Hotel. My Mom and Dad are from China and first time they came to see me in Canada and they don’t speak English, it was difficult for them to communicate but they got a wonderful service at your hotel from Lady server “Fiona Zhang”, my mom told me how she went above and beyond, as they don’t have Canadian money to call me and inform about the miss- connection, Fiona arranged her phone to call them to me. They felt very good and I was also happy, she has ordered food for them and made sure they get breakfast with the voucher money so she left a note for my Mom and Dad what to order within that amount. If Fiona still works there please pass our best wishes to her. She is the best. We will definitely recommend this hotel to any one. Thank You Fiona and Delta for good care of the guest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and for the 5-star rating of our service! I can only imagine how difficult it was for your parents to communicate but I am so pleased that Fiona was there to assist. She truly is an asset to our team and we are very fortunate to have her. Rest assured that we will forward your message to her and recognize her for the excellent service she extended to your parents. Please wish your Mom and Dad an enjoyable stay in Canada from the team at Delta Toronto Airport West.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I walked into my room I was hit with a wall of heat. I turned on three light switches an I didn't get any light. I went over to the heater, turned it all the way to cool and low heat fan and started to unpack. The toilet didn't flush. So I called down and had maintenance come and fix it. All he did was jiggle the float. Of course that next morning it didn't work again. So this time I had to complain to the front desk and they finally got it fixed. The heat was either all on or all off. I had to call about that too. They also fixed all the burnt out bulbs while they were in adjusting the heat. To top it all off, there was internet but not wi-fi internet in the rooms. Can you believe it in this day and age? The receptionist said that there was free internet but I had to plug the ethernet cable into my computer. Good try - but it won't fit into an ipad. So by the time I left the room was usable for someone else. I should have just requested a change in rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you faced a number of difficulties in your guest room. All your concerns were addressed and have been corrected. Please be informed that wifi is available in guest rooms on several floors of the hotel. The Front Desk Team will be happy to provide options for you when you check into the hotel next time. I am also glad that, in the meantime, you had an opportunity to personally discuss your experience with one of our managers who was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction. We hope that we will have a chance in future to welcome you again to Delta Toronto Airport West.
London, Ontario Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The wi-fi in this hotel is not good and the only offered in the lobby. Their public washrooms have no hot water which is unsanitary for travel which is necessary! The service staff in this hotel are great, no problem there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us. We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback and point out opportunities. Please be informed that, apart from the lobby and the restaurant, wifi is available in guest rooms on several floors. Our Guest Services Team will be happy to offer room options when you check into our hotel next time. I do apologize for the cold water in our public washroom. This technical problem has since been identified and steps have been taken to correct it. I am pleased to read that you were impressed with the service you received from our employees. We all appreciate that you stayed with us and look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here as an overnight before catching our flight out to Cuba for 1 week. $180 for overnight stay, park in covered lot and fly to your destination to get your car 8 days later.
I thought it was worth it especially driving from Niagara which can be 1.5 drive to the airport on a good, clear road day....but can be brutal up to 5 hours on a bad day!!!
Not worth the risk for me to drive!
Hotel was clean, quiet and served its purpose for sleeping arrangements!
Restaurant across from lobby is way too expensive.......order a pizza and pick up a six pack instead unless $$$$ is no object because the clam chowder and martinis are yummy :P

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We hope you had a great time in Cuba! Thank you for posting feedback of your recent visit with us. Your comments are important to us and I appreciate that you took the time to share them. I am pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations in terms of guest rooms and parking. I have also forwarded your review to our Chef and the culinary team who will be pleased knowing that you enjoyed the Clam Chowder and Martinis. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope that you will stay with us soon again.
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay, the room was spacious and comfortable and all the staff were lovely. We were able to park our vehicle while we were away and the hotel provided a shuttle to the airport and picked us up when we returned. Thanks John, for making us feel welcome when we returned. The hotel management was understanding when our flight back was cancelled. All in all a great place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review and for awarding our hotel 5 stars! This is greatly appreciated. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities and services, such as shuttle and extended parking, suited your needs. John really is a valuable asset to our team and I will gladly pass your comment on to him. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for the first time in January of 2014 for a night sleep and 10 days of parking before our flight out which was early morning. We found it to be an excellent value, excellent staff and a very nice hotel. The covered parking with 3am early morning shuttle was perfect for us, they had multiple vehicles to handle the large crowd that was ready to go at that early time.
You hear a bit of noise for the airport but not much as you are farther away than some but, and most importantly the shuttle was perfect both to and from the airport. It took only minutes to get there and was not a very long wait at the airport for the return to the hotel where having the covered parking with the dumping of snow we had, was a welcome sight. The staff were excellent and very helpful, the hotel is very good but the elevators were a bit older.

Room Tip: There are many dining choices right across the street, perfect location for getting lunch or dinner...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your favorable review . Great to read that your experience in our hotel was so positive and our team left you with a good impression. This winter certainly is challenging for us in many ways, but I am pleased that you were able to make use of our covered garage and our team of drivers shuttled you to and from the airport in time.
We thank you for staying with us and hope that you will visit us soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!