“A great deal at a lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“A great deal at a lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days in late October. All in all, a nice stay.

PROS:
- Has an airport shuttle (although I arrived on the train and used public transit to get to the hotel). Note that you have to phone for the shuttle – it doesn’t come to the airport automatically.
- Free corded Internet in the room.
- There are mini-fridges in the rooms, although I didn’t discover that until near departure. It’s hidden in a cupboard disguised to look like drawers, so if you don’t need drawers you wouldn’t open it.
- The price was great at about $65 a night including tax! (Hotwire)
- Staff were very friendly.

CONS:
- There is no complimentary continental breakfast.
- Parking is like $16 a night, quite extreme considering the industrial wasteland of a location it’s in. No discount for guests – same as for visitors.
- The cable TV is quite limited – a lot of basic channels they don’t have. Thankfully I was able to watch Hockey Night in Canada though!
- The walls and doors do not keep sound out. There were a few kids’ hockey teams staying there apparently and they’d be running up and down the hallways making noise late at night. Bring earplugs if you want to sleep at this hotel!

Room Tip: Beware that their "queens" look suspiciously like doubles.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback via this review; all of our guests' comments are important to us and I appreciate you taking the time to share them. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured that your feedback will be discussed with the departments concerned, in an effort to maintain our standards or to address concerns where necessary.
We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our group got in late and they only had two people handling check-in which took longer than it should have. One of the check in agents had to keep going back to the other computer for some reason which made the whole process take even longer.
Once I reached my room but as I entered the washroom I could see something on the toilet seat.
Upon closer inspection, it was covered in pee stains. Needless to say I went back down to the lobby and they were quite surprised at the front desk and asked if I wanted a different room. Needless to say I did want a new room and when I returned to my first room to fetch my things, a maintenance man was there within 30 seconds to clean it with apologies.
NEEDLESS to say, the first thing I checked in my new room was the washroom. It was perfect.
So the bad news was my first room and the good news was my second room.
Our group used the Laurel Room for our conference and the hotel provided our meals just outside our conference room which was nice. The food was good and had a very good selection for breakfast and lunch.
Would I come back? Good question: I have never had a bad experience at a Delta before so this experience has made me take a second look.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for posting a review following your visit to our hotel. I would first of all like to apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your washroom. Please know that we take such concerns very seriously and are following up with our Housekeeping team. I am happy to read that the new room was perfect. Thank you for commenting on your experience in the Banquet area as well; Chef and our culinary team will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the meals offered during the meeting. Again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a horrible experience at the Delta Toronto West on several fronts.
Had a room that was also an adjoining room. This was pretty awesome because I got to listen to the people next door being extremely affectionate with one another followed 2 hours later by a 5 hour argument.... Between the hours of midnight and 5 a.m. Was treated to the smell of them smoking as well, coming through the adjoining door. Very paper thin walls.
Went down to front desk. Was given apology and cost of parking taken off my bill. They didn't send anyone to investigate the smoking ( floor was non smoking ) as they said they couldn't accuse without seeing. I guess cigarette smell coming from a room isn't evidence.
Since I was awake and unable to sleep, the general disrepair of the room I was in became more apparent. Dirty and stained wallpaper, outdated and grungy bathroom taps, ( the cap,of cold water tap missing, space filthy with dirt buildup ) towel rack crooked and glued to hold on, outdated TV with limited channels. No WiFi.
Not very impressed with the Delta Hotel chain. Last two experiences with Delta ( although at Delta Chelsea... No longer a Delta ) very disappointing as well. Very run down.
Basically felt as though my business was not important to the hotel.
Will never stay at a Delta again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I am really sorry that you had such a negative experience due to noise from a neighboring guest room, as well as concerns in your room and washroom. Our Maintenance and Housekeeping Managers have been made aware and these issues will be addressed. Please always feel free to inform a Duty Manager in the event of noise, specially in the overnight period. We are committed to providing all our guests with a quiet environment and a good night's sleep and will address noise concerns as soon as we become aware. Again, I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the Delta last month before departing on a trip. A group of 4 used the room to play some cards before departing on a shuttle to the airport at 3am, in addition to taking advantage of the parking as we were gone for 4 days.

We arrived at around 9pm and departed on the shuttle at around 3am. During the course of the 6 hours we spent in the room playing cards, someone pulled back the covers to take a pillow and noticed the sheets had a blood stain on it. I personally touched the blood stain (I washed my hands right after!) and it was crusty so it definitely did not come from us.

Upon leaving, I showed a picture of the stain to the acting manager at the front desk and he said he would look into it and asked me for my e-mail.

While on vacation, I received an e-mail from the acting manager on that night that basically insinuated the blood belonged to one of us and it was fresh.
Firstly, I touched the blood and it was dry! We were in the room for around 6 hours and the only reason the sheet was pulled back to expose the blood was to retreive a pillow. Secondly, I was very surprised that someone in the hospitality industry would send back a response insinuating that the blood was ours instead of taking ownership. The only reason that I had mentioned this on the way out was because I was asked how the room was and we had taken a picture because we were disgusted. Had we been staying the night we would have asked for a new room but seeing as we were only there for 6 hours and not staying it wasn't as big of a deal. None the less, ownership of this mistake should have been taken, there was not even an apology in the e-mail response.

In addition to all of this, the second car payment was not reversed and upon returning I asked if they had the Iphone charger that was left plugged into the TV USB, the desk staff checked and said nothing was recorded as being left in the room. What happened to the charger???

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry for all the challenges you faced; rest assured that they have been addressed with the department heads concerned and corrective measures have been put in place. I am grateful that you gave me the opportunity to turn this negative picture around and I thank you for your understanding! Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good room! Great people! Jasmonia goes above and beyond to make your stay pleasant!
I was giving a course over at CAE and the distance to the training center made to and from easy peasy and lots of local food joints to take advantage of as well as the great food avail in the hotel!

Try the fish and chips AWESOME!

Room Tip: My room was South facing away from the approach path of the runway!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and for giving us a 5-star rating. I am happy to read that our hotel and services met your expectations, but am particularly pleased that Jasmonia left you with such a positive impression. We truly are very fortunate to have her in our team.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
global
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Led by an extraordinary client services team (especially Jasmonia, the always cheery front desk professional) the hotel always surpasses my highest expectations.

I travel every other week and spend over 100 nights per year in hotels around the world, and quite evidently, Delta's management team takes the client experience very seriously.

The restaurants, fitness facilities and room comfort are all beyond the hotel's 3 1/2-star rating-I would not stay anywhere else.

Thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for giving us a 5-star rating! I am very pleased to read that you have such a great experience when staying with us and that you enjoy your room, our Chardonnay Restaurant, the fitness centre and, most importantly, our team's hospitality. I have shared your feedback with Jasmonia; we are truly very fortunate to have her in our team. Thank you for your loyalty and for allowing us to be your "Home away from Home".
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is my favorite. I stay here as I visit our corporate office in Mississauga for a week every month. Komal and Jasmoni in the reception are the highlight of this hotel with top notch attitude. The restaurant team at breakfast is fantastic. I was only staying there because it is our corporate preferred hotel but now I stay there because of the great room, amenities, service and above all the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for this 5-star review! It is very rewarding to read that you are so impressed with our team members, namely Komal, Jasmonia, and the morning crew in our Chardonnay Restaurant. I am delighted to share your feedback with the employees and will ensure that they are recognized for their efforts. Thank you for your loyalty to Delta Toronto Airport West. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!