“Great hotel for overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Langdon, Canada
“Great hotel for overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ended up with this hotel when booking through Priceline and stayed here on both our way into Toronto and then before heading home in August from our Ontario holiday. The rooms we had were clean, although a little dated in terms of carpets and bathrooms. The beds were super comfortable and the pool area was clean. I cannot say enough good about the hotel staff. I travel a lot for my job and was highly impressed with the level of service and friendliness we received. We had 2 adults and 2 young children and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for both family and business travel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. Great to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the pool and our Sanctuary Beds. I am particularly happy that you were so impressed with the service you received from our associates and will make sure to forward this review to the team. Thank you for staying with us! We hope that you will visit us soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Belleville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked a Park and Fly - where you leave your car for a week and stay one night either end.

Significantly further from the Toronto airport that most Park and Fly hotels. Means you need to get up earlier and bigger chance of traffic jam going or coming because you're on the 401. No regular van service except in prime hours. Miserable experience on return at 12:30AM - call number but no van showed - called again - coming soon, but no van showed. Watched two vans come and go from every other hotel - very angry after travelling 8 hours. Finally an hour later took a cab ($30) which if you add to the price of my room I could have stayed much better and less misery.

They said it was my fault??? Won't do that again, back to the Hilton!

Agree with other posters - dated hotel, clean but ordinary, nice grounds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback of your visit to our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the delay in pick up from the airport. Rest assured that our Front Office Manager has been made aware and is investigating where we have gone wrong. I am very grateful that you gave me the opportunity to address and rectify this matter and I sincerely hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back to our hotel in future.
Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention!
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are looking for a good hotel for a good price, I would suggest you go to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga (not too far from delta). I stayed at delta last month and didn't enjoy my stay at all! The rooms were too small (2 double beds) and we even had to pay for parking per night! Meanwhile Hilton Garden Inn, you pay less and the rooms are more spacious (2 queen beds) and free parking.

On our first night, 2 double beds just didn't do it for us (2 adults and 1 child) and so we upgraded to the "best" suite they had (paid about $200) and there was a king bed and sofa bed. The king bed was very comfy but not the sofa bed, so we switched back to the other room because we were paying double for nothing. The rooms seemed a bit outdated and the washrooms were so small! Never again will I stay here!

Room Tip: Don't do the mistake we did and upgrade to a suite. Better stick to the regular rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that your guestroom and washroom did not meet your expectations. Please know that we have several different room types available; should you choose to stay with us in future, we will be happy to offer you options that better suit your needs. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for a client with offices near-by.

Pros
*A number of restaurants across the street in what is basically an industrial park.
*Kind staff
*Bar restaurant/lounge food is ok
*Quite rooms
*They seem to have a nice pool area

Cons
*Dated rooms
*No Wifi in rooms
*Wifi available in bar but pretty much worthless, I could not download much (this seems like a pattern for me in Toronto, I have never experienced good wifi in Toronto in my frequent travels to the city). I could not even dowload basic news from my new apps.
*Minor irritations that seem to add up-Working at the office desk was not user friendly from needing to crawl under desk to plug in my laptop, my mouse not working on the desk and needing to use a magazine as a mouse pad, not being able to use my Ipad because there is no WiFI...
*On a busy day, better hit the showers early in the morining or risk a luke warm shower.
*When you eat at bar or lounge and give them your credit card to pay they do a name match and still link and show the bar charges on your hotel bill which was not cool. As a frequent traveler I found this weird and irritating.

If I ever come back to the area I am going to look for a newer hotel that provides a more comfortable business stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit to our hotel. Great to read that your guest room, our Chardonnay Restaurant, and the service you received from our team met your expectations. I am sorry, however, that you were disappointed in the internet service in your room and the Lounge. Please be informed that wifi is available on certain floors and we will be happy to offer you options when you next arrive in our hotel. Thank you again for your valuable comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
regina, sk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ended up staying at the Delta after Air Canada delays caused us to miss our connecting flight. We were cranky and tired and the front desk staff were incredibly welcoming, fast and informative. We appreciated that food service went until 1a.m. and that the prices were very reasonable. After a long day of travelling the ability to have a late dinner without leaving the hotel was well worth it. Even the typically overpriced hotel breakfast was delicious, filling and worth the money. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. However, the bed was incredibly creaky, even rolling over in bed caused a lot of noise. It was actually disruptive. We were only there one night but the courtyard looked really pretty and it was nice to see they tried to maintain a lot of greenery in a potentially industrial looking area.The next morning's shuttle ride to the Airport was the highlight of our stay. The shuttle driver Kelvin provided better service than I have ever received from a shuttle driver. He was personable, complimented us, seemed genuinely interested in us and defined excellent customer service. This compared to our silent shuttle driver the night before (nothing wrong with that, but far more common) was a welcome and special change. We arrived at the Airport far less grouchy even in our clothes from the day before thanks to Kelvin. Delta made the right choice hiring him!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. I am sorry that you had to interrupt your travels for one day due to a flight delay but I am happy that we had an opportunity to welcome you. It sounds like you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our facilities and services. I am, however, particularly pleased that Kelvin provided such excellent service. I will ensure that he sees your comments and that he is recognized for his efforts.
I hope that your travels will bring you back to our area in the future and that you will visit us again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very unhappy with the service I received. My intention was to write a glowing review when I thought managment helped me fix a problem but when I reviewed my credit card bill I now see the real way my problem was handled was to charge my card for a charge I was not informed about in my face-to-face discussion with the manager. I was told my situation would be taken care of (never once was there a mention of a charge). Afterwards, when I called to speak to the manager I was told I had to speak with a different mananger and they would contact me so I provided a phone number and email but no contact was made. This is a dishonest way for a company to do business. If I was told of the charges up front I would have had the opportunity to make an informed decision on how to proceed. Unfortunately this has soured my view of Delta.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us feedback of your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience and the frustration caused due to an error and miscommunication on our end. Please know that this matter has been brought to the attention of our Front Office Manager who will address it with his team. I greatly appreciate that you have given me the opportunity to rectify this situation.
Thank you again for your understanding! I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West in the future.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I ended up staying at the Delta Hotel for a night courtesy of Air Canada due to a horribly late plane and a missed connection to the US.
The hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. The air conditioning is fierce and very noisy so if you are a light sleeper like I am you will need earplugs.
I wasn't there long enough to try any of the facilities but the reception staff were helpful and I used the bar to buy some water and was served quickly and with a smile.
I would recommend this hotel if you are needing a room close to the airport, the transfer time is around 10-15 mins via shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for posting this review! I am sorry to hear that your flight was delayed but I am glad that we had an opportunity to welcome you at our hotel. Great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our services suited your needs. We hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!