“Better than 3 Star, Got a Great Price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ottawa, Canada
“Better than 3 Star, Got a Great Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I travel to Mississauga/Toronto Airport monthly and I look for deals on 3 Star or better hotels.
Usually I look on Hotwire, Priceline, or Travelocity Secret Hotels.
I got a good deal on this well appointed Delta on Priceline, total price with taxes was $82.

I found the Delta Toronto Airport to be at least 3 1/2 Star Quality

This is what I liked about this hotel.

1. Excellent lobby area, and facilities.
2. Great front desk staff, courteous, efficient and friendly.
3. Excellent room, spacious, clean, well appointed.
4. Very comfortable bed, got a good night's sleep.
5. Free internet.

You do pay extra for parking here.
There is also an airport shuttle.
Conveniently located next to the 401 and Dixie Road, close to the Toronto Airport.

I got great value, and a great 3 1/2 Star hotel, I'll gladly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Elaine S, General Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us at Delta Toronto Airport West, it is greatly appreciated! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with us, from our amenities to our friendly staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your future trips.
Sincerely, Elaine Stover, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I stated at this hotel to celebrate her 25th birthday over the weekend. The staff was excellent, especially the front desk clerk; Jasmonia. We found this hotel on www.hotwire.com and as such it came with the most basic room type. Jasmonia was quick to bump us up to a bigger room to accommodate a small gathering of friends we had over prior to heading out for the night. Also, because that particular room didn't have a fridge, the staff was willing to store our ice cream b-day cake in the restaurant fridge. Overall we had a great time and a lot of that can be attributed to the friendly and accommodating staff. I would recommend or stay again without hesitance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine S, General Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Ryan, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at Delta Toronto Airport West. I am thrilled that our team, in particular Jasmonia, helped you celebrate your girlfriend's 25th birthday in a special way. Nice to have such memories.
Thanks again, and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Regards, Elaine Stover, General Manager
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I missed my flihgt connection from Sacramento, CA to Switzerland. Canadien Ailine orderd this beautiful Delta Toronto Airport Hotel for me. I had a wonderful stay here. Everyone was very plesant and helpful. Mamita the front desk clerk, Sylvia in the Restaurant as well as the smilling houskeper made my stay very easy and good. I could recomemd this Hotel to anybody! Thank you for you kindness to a stranger. May God bless you! Sincerely, Esther Stickel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review and the 5-star rating! I am sorry to read that you missed your flight connection, but I am glad that we had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel. We are truly blessed to have these dedicated team members who left you with such a positive impression. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with their department heads and they will be recognized for their efforts. We hope that your travels will bring you back to our area in the future; it would be lovely to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've come here as a tour manager of a band and as someone who spends 300 days a year on the road. I can say, with all honesty that I've been treated better in a grass hut in Laos.

From the obstinate front desk clerk who wouldn't grant me a cot to sleep on, to the salesman trying to kick me out of the conference room I had just rented, this place just wreaks of corporate snobbery, and bureaucracy. Why do I get the feeling this staff would be happier thwarting my every attempt at a happy stay than actually helping me have one?

The only redeeming quality was the restaurant staff who were very apologetic after up selling me on a Caesar salad. $9 for just lettuce add $12 for chicken. That's a $21 salad! Jesus, I thought that was add $3 for a total of $12. Or how about the $9 egg they sell for breakfast? Don't worry a full breakfast is just $20, or the $10 plus tax shot of vodka?

And thanks Delta, for telling us, on all of the elevators walls, how generous you are for providing free wifi, (as if that isn't absolute-standard fare almost every hotel across the country already) and then having it not work anywhere throughout the establishment ? I can get a $2.00 coffee at Tim Hortons and have better wifi. God forbid the high class corporate traveler this place feebly caters to should need the internet to actually work.

I think that's what I find so offensive about this place. If you are going to charge us 3 star hotel rates at least have your staff treat your guests accordingly. Just because I am not in a suit doesn't give your staff the right to pigeon hole me and treat me and my party with prejudice.

I rented out one of the conference rooms for some work the band had to do on a recording. Not a half hour later a staff member came in and tried to eject us from the room and wouldn't leave without me showing him the business card of the person who rented me the room. This guy couldn't believe that we, in blue jeans and t shirts had rented the conference room out.

From the added parking fees, to the grumpy front desk clerks, I have to say I am 100% disappointed in my stay here at the Delta Toronto Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us via this review. Let me first of all apologize for everything that made your stay with us such a negative experience. All your concerns have been brought to the attention of our management team and will be discussed with the respective department heads. It appears that there was some miscommunication among our team members with regards to your meeting room which ultimately resulted in you being inconvenienced. This has been addressed and we are deeply sorry! Please let me assure you that our employees will not favor one guest over another and if this is the impression that we have given you, I sincerely apologize in behalf of our team. If possible, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the challenges you faced with you personally. Our goal is guest satisfaction and I would like to stress that the experience you had at our hotel, is not indicative of the level of service the team at Delta Toronto Airport West is committed to provide. I hope that we will have an opportunity to change the negative image you currently have of our hotel.
Delevan, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a very nice two night stay at the hotel. Positives aspects were 1. Friendly employees 2. Relatively clean facility 3. Indoor pool and sauna 4. Easy to find 5. Fresh strawberries, cookies and milk were delivered to our room for our children the first night we stayed. Negative aspects were whirpool out of order, parking at 16 dollars a day, no fridge or microwave in room and breakfast at $14.

Room Tip: 10th floor facing north was nice so kids could watch planes flying into airport
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent visit. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay, found our hotel and facilities suitable for your needs, and enjoyed our team's hospitality. Unfortunately, our hot tub was out of order during your stay due to a technical problem. It has been repaired in the meantime and is now in good working order. Please note that mini fridges are available in a large number of our rooms and also on request for all other rooms. When you book our hotel in future, please feel free to mention your preference to the Front Desk Agent and we will be happy to provide a fridge for you during your stay.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Dartmouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife a Ind along with about ten other persons were assigned rooms by Westjet at the Delta Hotel at 5444 Dixie Road , Mississauga , Ontario on 23 June at approximately 9:30 pm after missing a connecting flight from Toronto to Halifax . We were told to proceed to the pick-up point 22C outside the Toronto airport which we did. Numerous phone calls were made to your hotel using the phone number provided on the coupon provided to us by the Westjet Service Counter. Westjet personnel also called and were told that the shuttle was on it`s way . After one hour and a half of waiting in 30 degree heat and exhaust fumes, your shuttle van finally arrived with a van barely capable of holding the persons waiting . The feeling I received from speaking with the other shuttle operators is that regular runs are not made to the Toronto airport by your hotel like the other hotels .You advertise 24 hour shuttle service , then you should have regular pick-up schedule similar to the other hotels. Nedless to say after waiting for 90 minutes to get picked up , you had a mad group of passengers and when we arrived at approximately 11:05 pm we were not pleased to see the restaurant , bar and room service closed for the night . If you wish to improve your customer rating , I suggest that you take a close look at your shuttle service schedule and driver situation . During our wait time the other Toronto hotel shuttles passed 3 or more times to pick up passegers. You may also educate your drivers on how they might improve on their method of obtaining gratituties for services rendered .There was definately no tipping for the driver of your shuttle.
For your information , I have also contacted Westjet Customer Services regarding this matter and have hopes that they will be in touch with you to resolve this extremely poor customer service issue.
I thank you for allowing me to provide you with this necessary customer feedback and hope you can come to a speedy solution to the problem.

Hotel coupon provided to us by westjet

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would herewith like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and also your frustration with your pick-up from the airport. Our average wait time is approximately 15 to 20 minutes and I am truly sorry that you that you had such a negative experience when you arrived. I can assure you that we will be looking at all our records from that evening and will get to the bottom of what caused this delay. The managers concerned have been informed and together we will do all we can to avoid a situation such as this from happening in future. Again, please accept my sincere apologies!
Thunder Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayhere quite often -- upon arrival to Toronto - free shuttle picks you up at the airport and will generally be there within 20 mins of your call -- check in smooth -- staff very efficient and very friendly and if you stay with any degree of frequency they address you by name -- Rooms are clean and comfortable -- the fitness centre has three treadmills and a couple of elliptical machines and a bike -- it is relatively small however has never been a problem to get in and it is open 24 hours -- close to restaurants ( accross the street) and a car rental across the street -- restaurant has a decent breakfast with a chef on duty to make omelettes and fresh eggs on demand -- staff are great --

Room Tip: some rooms have wifi -- others not so much - personally i prefer wired internet - but if you prefer...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Elaine S, General Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest, I am very happy to hear that your recent stay with us provided a positive experience from your initial point of contact by using the airport shuttle, through to your check-in, working out in the fitness centre, and dining in the restaurant, and best of all, that the staff were great! Looking forward to welcoming you back with us again in the near future.

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!