“Nice hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Delta Toronto Airport West
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Waterford, MI
“Nice hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while I was in town to speak at the Living Arts Center. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. WIFi is rather spotty and only available below the fourth floor. This is a nice place to stay if you don't want to get downtown. Cab fare to downtown is ~$60 each way so I wouldn't stay here if you want to spend more time in the city. Very close to the airport and the hotel provides a free shuttle to and from there.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face north and toward the airport but no noise issues.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for this favorable review of our hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and services met your expectations. Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Windermere, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been traveling for many years and never had an experience like the one staying at the Delta Toronto Airport West. We returned from our trip in March 2013 only to find our vehicle gone.
We were tired and looking forward to heading home. After walking the whole 5 floors in the parking garage it was not to be found. Went back to the lobby and the personal there were very helpful and offered a comp room. The police came in the morning and took the statement from us, then telling us that it was not an isolated instance. We then had a comp breakfast ( once again the management and staff very nice). After talking to the manager we went over to the rental company right across the street. They also said that only two weeks prior another couple were in and had there car taken from the same hotel. The hotel said that it was patrolled periodically, but in a garage that has only one way in and one way out it should have never happened. Would I stay here again??? No. I don’t usually post but I do intend to try and get this experience on as many travel sites as possible. so that travellers are aware.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for posting this review and for giving us the opportunity to respond.
We are truly sorry that your vehicle was taken from our parking garage during your absence.
In the last few years, hotels in the airport area have seen an increase in vehicle theft. At Delta Toronto Airport West, we have been working closely with a security company and the local police, in an attempt to avoid such incidents. It is very unfortunate that our efforts failed in this case. I can assure you that we have revisited our processes and we will continue to do all we can to ensure the safety of our guests' property.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Again this year, this hotel excelled at serving our music festival, FilKONtario, in so many ways. The function space was excellent, the banquet very well handled with good food, and the value for money of the comfortable rooms much appreciated by our international crowd. I want to particularly thank the front desk and the maintenance staff for serving us again so well, and we'll be back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review and for giving us 5 stars! Great to read that you had another successful stay and a good weekend with us! I have shared your feedback with our teams and everyone echoes my sentiments: it is always such a pleasure having your group with us! We are grateful for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you and the whole group back to Delta Toronto Airport West in 2014.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at The Delta prior to flying out for vacation. It was so easy and wonderfully priced. We paid $125 to stay overnight + parking for a week. Our flight left at 6am so it was great. They have shuttle that leave every half hour, and you just ahve to call the hotel once you land for them to pick you up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to read that you had a good experience and were able to take advantage of our extended parking offer and shuttle service. We hope that you will visit us soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The Delta West staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the gym facility is sufficient, and the price was very reasonable. Being way out by the airport it wouldn't be on my list of places to stay if my final destination was Toronto, but with their prompt and efficient shuttle service it was a good spot to stay on a layover. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your visit to our hotel. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay, enjoyed your room and the gym, and were satisfied with our airport shuttle service.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to our area and we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
PEI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After waiting outside for an hour at the airport and been told everytime I called " the shuttle will be there in 10 minutes", I realized that is the standard answer they give. Got to the room and the crib we had ordered was a cot. Since we were late arriving at the airport and had an early flight the next morning, staying there was definitely a mistake. Won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to apologize in behalf of our team for the excessive wait time at the airport. We have investigated this matter with our team and have taken appropriate steps to avoid such an incident from happening in future. I truly appreciate that you gave me the opportunity to connect with you, thus allowing me to take corrective action.
While I understand how frustrated you and your family must have been, I do hope that when your travels bring you back to our area, you will give us another chance. Thank you again for your valuable comments!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked this hotel using my air miles so had significantly low expectations since, typically those that make the list of eligible hotels are of a lower rating. From the moment the shuttle picked us up at the airport, we were impressed! The driver gave us a play on play of all the amenities available within the hotel as well as in the surrounding area. Once we arrived, check-in was expedient...now here is the first issue we had with the hotel...we were assigned a room and upon opening the door, it had NOT been cleaned and there were wrappers on the desk, bed was unmade, garbages full etc. We flagged a cleaning crew member closeby who immediately opened the CLEAN room next to it for us, and asked us to swing by the front desk for a new key. The lady at reception apologized and gave us the new key. We chose to have supper in hotel restaurant and this brings on issue number two...the meal was, at best, average but totally overpriced. I would not mind paying $80 for a supper(with no alcohol) if it was delicious but unfortunately this really was not the case! The beds were comfortable and again the shuttle back to the airport in the early morning was fine. All in all, I would stay here again, but would NOT eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Delta Toronto Airport West, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback by posting a review. I am very pleased to read that you were impressed with our shuttle service, both to and from the airport. However, I apologize in behalf of our team that you were given a room that had not been cleaned. I can only assume that there was a communication error between Housekeeping and the Front Desk but we will certainly investigate this matter. I will also inform our culinary team of your comments with regards to our restaurant.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback! Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Been to Delta Toronto Airport West? Share your experiences!