“Decent layover hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

Save Saved
You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #25 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Winnipeg, Canada
“Decent layover hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The Delta West staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the gym facility is sufficient, and the price was very reasonable. Being way out by the airport it wouldn't be on my list of places to stay if my final destination was Toronto, but with their prompt and efficient shuttle service it was a good spot to stay on a layover. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your visit to our hotel. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay, enjoyed your room and the gym, and were satisfied with our airport shuttle service.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to our area and we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
PEI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After waiting outside for an hour at the airport and been told everytime I called " the shuttle will be there in 10 minutes", I realized that is the standard answer they give. Got to the room and the crib we had ordered was a cot. Since we were late arriving at the airport and had an early flight the next morning, staying there was definitely a mistake. Won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to apologize in behalf of our team for the excessive wait time at the airport. We have investigated this matter with our team and have taken appropriate steps to avoid such an incident from happening in future. I truly appreciate that you gave me the opportunity to connect with you, thus allowing me to take corrective action.
While I understand how frustrated you and your family must have been, I do hope that when your travels bring you back to our area, you will give us another chance. Thank you again for your valuable comments!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked this hotel using my air miles so had significantly low expectations since, typically those that make the list of eligible hotels are of a lower rating. From the moment the shuttle picked us up at the airport, we were impressed! The driver gave us a play on play of all the amenities available within the hotel as well as in the surrounding area. Once we arrived, check-in was expedient...now here is the first issue we had with the hotel...we were assigned a room and upon opening the door, it had NOT been cleaned and there were wrappers on the desk, bed was unmade, garbages full etc. We flagged a cleaning crew member closeby who immediately opened the CLEAN room next to it for us, and asked us to swing by the front desk for a new key. The lady at reception apologized and gave us the new key. We chose to have supper in hotel restaurant and this brings on issue number two...the meal was, at best, average but totally overpriced. I would not mind paying $80 for a supper(with no alcohol) if it was delicious but unfortunately this really was not the case! The beds were comfortable and again the shuttle back to the airport in the early morning was fine. All in all, I would stay here again, but would NOT eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback by posting a review. I am very pleased to read that you were impressed with our shuttle service, both to and from the airport. However, I apologize in behalf of our team that you were given a room that had not been cleaned. I can only assume that there was a communication error between Housekeeping and the Front Desk but we will certainly investigate this matter. I will also inform our culinary team of your comments with regards to our restaurant.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback! Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Dawson Creek, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Average room, housekeeping staff polite and friendly. was a little further than the airport than expected but shuttle times and pick up and delivery was pleasent. The Rib Eye steak is a great value, and tender with excellent flavour. Can go to the Restaurant or the lounge to enjoy. As good or better than what one gets at a Keg or similar restaurant.

Room Tip: Try 3 1/2 star on Hotwire plus airport shuttle for a better rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. Great to read that our service, specially the shuttle to and from the airport, met your expectations and I am thrilled that you particularly enjoyed the Rib Eye Steak in our Chardonnay Restaurant. Your comments have been forwarded to Chef John Flynn and his team.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

So I'm laying in bed on the 7th floor room 709 of this clean, well kept and very satisfactory hotel but I have one issue.

STATIC ELECTRICITY it's absolutely insane. I have zapped myself on EVERYTHING at least 10 times and this may be hard to believe but the sheets spark in the dark everytime I roll or move.

I've gone as far as flicked water on the sheets to try and calm it down. The hotel clearly needs to turn on a the humidifier.

I tried to record video but the wife said I was over reacting. Truth of the matter is ya while not a huge deal it's made the room a little less comfy with all the shocks.

Ill gladly speak with a delta rep. About the problem as the front desk couldn't explain the issue nor did they offer a different room.

• Stayed April 2013
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. Great to read that, overall, our hotel met your expectations. I am very sorry though that you faced these challenges with static electricity in your room. It is for the first time that such concerns are brought to our attention and we will certainly look into this matter. Until we have found a suitable solution, we'll be happy to place a humidifier into your room when you are staying with us, in the hope that this will make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention! We hope to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Aurora, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in the area for business. This was the 3rd or 4th time staying at this hotel. I got the room for $60 USD on Priceline. I have been able to get a room at this hotel for as little as $45 USD in the past. The hotel is well located for the area: close to the airport and close enough to other parts of Mississauga that you could likely get anywhere in Mississauga at any time in about 30 minutes. The parking garage is a good option during the winter. The $16/night is a bit steep for the area (I think I once paid less by paying the boxes in the garage directly-it might be worth checking out).

This hotel caters to Pilots from many airlines; so, it is always very busy. I think they even have a dedicated airline staff check in counter. At some point, this hotels will need to go through a major renovation. The rooms, although small and comfortable, are very dated. The TV's need updating as well as the furnishings. The bed and showers are still in good shape. Wired internet is free (not wireless) which is weird considering I stayed at another Delta the following week and wired and wireless were free (consistency would be nice for loyal guests of Delta). Maybe this was the case because this stay was a Priceline stay (worth asking).

Overall, for my purposes, this hotel suited me fine. And, for what I pay for the hotel, I was happy with the return. A comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: A higher floor room is usually advisable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review and providing feedback of your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you found the hotel and specially our location suitable for your needs. Please be informed that some floors of the hotel feature wireless internet access and both wired, as well as wireless are free, regardless of the booking channel. Our Front Desk Team will be happy to provide you with options when you next arrive to the hotel.
We appreciate that you stayed with us and look forward to your next visit to Delta Toronto Airport West.
Guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked this hotel specifically on a "park and stay" package so we had a place to sleep upon returning from our trip in the middle of the night. Also the proximity to the airport is reasonable and their shuttle service is quick and organized.
Dropping our car off the night we departed was simple in their parking deck and quick at the front desk with no hassle. Shuttle was waiting out front and we were taken over to the airport immediately.
Returning shuttle a week later was just as easy and brought us back in no time in the middle of the night, very pleasant driver and friendly overnight staff at the Front Desk. He had pre-checked us in (after expecting us based on the airport-shuttle call) so we were up to our room in minutes. He thoughtfully placed us at the end of the hall away from the elevators and hall traffic so we could have some additional peace and quiet to our stay after a long day and flight, this was nice.
Room was basic, bathrooms basic, both clean and no noticeable issues, stains, etc. anywhere. Beds were extremely comfortable which was good as that was the point of the stay.
Wake-up Call arrived as scheduled, and Front Desk staff on check-out was very pleasant.
Didn't make use of any of the amenities simply due to time, though we have liked to as restaurant looked quite good!

Overall was a fine stay and served the purpose of what we needed. Would definitely recommend and stay here again for the "Park & Stay" rate for any upcoming travels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your visit to our hotel. Our team and I are thrilled that you gave us a 5 star rating! Great to read that our location was convenient for your needs and that you made use of the extended parking as well as shuttle service as part of our Park, Stay and Fly program.
We appreciate that you stayed with us and hope that you will visit us soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!