“Nice hotel for stop over to Toronto Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Ontario, Canada
“Nice hotel for stop over to Toronto Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed on a park & fly type reservation. Our stay began at beginning of our March break trip.

Check in was smooth, quick and friendly. We even received a call in the room after we arrived from the front desk asking if we had any questions or issues that needed to be taken care.

Room itself was on the 10th floor... needed a littel TLC... some wallpaper peeling, etc... but nothing major... more than acceptable for a night's stay.

We did eat at the on-site restaurant.... steaks were cooked very well and waitress was very friendly... meal was about $30 per person, so nothing out of the ordinary versus a keg, or similar... you want fast food... there is an A&W across the street...the decision is yours. Mine was to have steak with my family.

Check out was quick... as was the shuttle... was loaded and on our way to Pearson in 10 minutes... no issues here. Upon arrival a week later, we called the hotel and they told us where to meet the shuttle...took about 25-30 minutes for it to arrive... got loaded up and back to the hotel... it is about a 10 minute ride from the hotel... we parked our vehicle in the covered parking. Nothing happened to the vehicle for the week it was left.

All in all... a good experience... will definitely use this hotel again on our next trip out of Toronto Airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for this detailed review about our hotel. Great to read that you have made use of a number of our services and they all met your expectations. Chef, in particular, will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your steak in our Chardonnay Restaurant.
We hope that you will visit us soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Wabush
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a night in March.We stayed on the 4th the room definitely needs to be updated. There was luggage marks on the wall paper and there was water stains on the ceiling I was surprised that Delta had room that were in this shape. We were only there for a few hours so it didnt really matter but if we were staying there for a couple days I would request a different room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments and for letting us know where we failed to deliver the service you had expected. I am very sorry that we didn't pay more attention to your room before your arrival. Your comments have been shared with the departments concerned and we will be taking steps to correct these issues.
We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on the night on March 10/13 . We stayed on the 4th floor in a shabby unkept room that definitely needed much undating and cleaning. We had only 7 hours between flights however it seemed forvever as the noice and unshady characters around the hotel made me more than nervous. I was surprised that Delta would provide such poor accommodations. it seems from other comments peolpe had nice rooms but that must be in a part of the hotel renovated. The noice and unshady happening around were enough to trun me of ...let alone the unpleasant rooms...wow. Never again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and left you with such a negative impression. Please know that your comments are important to us and will be discussed with our management team. I can only hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you again and to experience a guest room that has been renovated more recently.
Thank you again for staying with us!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We arrived at the Hotel Feb 23, 2013
I found the Hotel a little further from the Airport then I like. We arrived late evening and I paid extra to upgrade my room to a suite which was reasonable. The room was nice and comfortable but we checked out very early. We were able to find covered parking on the 3rd floor. Shuttle service to Airport was good...but on our return...we waited outside in the cold for over 30 minutes and were the last people to be picked up from any of the hotel buses. They have a Country Style donut and coffee shop next door for a quick coffee in the morning which is great if you're in a rush.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsAKDeltaTAW, operations manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry that you experienced a longer wait for our airport shuttle! Our average wait time is approximately 15-20 minutes, however, this can be influenced by heavier traffic or weather conditions. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. I am glad that, overall, you found our hotel suitable for your needs and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed overnight Feb 18/13 before leaving for Mexico. we had the package with 1 night's accommodation and 15 days parking. When I booked it, they said they had covered parking, but they did not say it was another building not hooked to the hotel. It was a 5 storey building with no elevator. Also we always leave our winter coats in the car when we go away on holidays. So you left your coat in the car, and had to walk down 4 flights of stairs and walk along a sidewalk to the main hotel which was cold. The staff at the front desk were really nice. The room was fine, and clean. We had dinner in the restaurant/lounge on the main floor off the lobby. The food was fairly good, and the service was okay. We requested a wake up call and got it. The shuttle to and from the airport was fine. BUT when you arrive back at the airport it tells you to get your luggage and then call for the shuttle. We were at Terminal 1, and when I called the woman asked if we had our luggage and I said yes. She said to go down 1 floor from the arrival floor and get the shuttle bus there. I asked what pole number and she said oh there is no pole number but it is well advertised and you will have no problem. We went down 1 floor and came into a long area with an arrow saying hotel shuttles so we walked down to the left of the doors and waited and waited. Finally another shuttle bus driver who saw us standing there freezing asked my husband which one we were waiting for and when he said Delta, he said you are in the wrong place it is S5 which was at the complete other end. If the other shuttle driver had not told us were to go, we would have missed the shuttle bus. They should correct this problem immediately, so no one else will have to wait like we did.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent visit to our hotel.
I am very sorry if the information you received with regards to pick-up from the airport caused confusion. Our pick-up points are posts S5 for Terminal 1 and C22 for Terminal 3 which is what is usually communicated to our guests. Please accept my apologies if there was any misunderstanding or miscommunication on our part. We will certainly address this matter with our team. Glad to read though that, overall, you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to welcome you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hello back to share the rest of our mini getaway; March the 1st & 2nd , We were attending a wedding as well as a time away for ourselves , and a treat for our wee one .
From the time we made our reservations to our arrival , at the front desk; very pleased thankyou again Joanne , We were treated plesantly ,and knew we made the right choice .
Our room on the 7th floor room # 730 was a welcome feeling from the moment we entered , spacious ,clean ,fresh . Our room request was as requested , Bathroom was clean and well stocked wih towels ect. decor tastefully done. lots of hot water shower pressure was great,
Parking was good covered parking , no vandalism, we felt safe.;walking to and from our vehicle ,
Our maid Winnifred from normally 10th floor was so friendly and caring and nothing was too much when asked for extras .a big smile and if you need anything just ask , so friendly we give you winnie a 10+ thanks ,you are very caring .
Breakfast buffet thankyou ,our host and hostess was eagar to know we had all we needed , so friendly and thier concern for our needs was very welcome.
well priced , well prepared , and presented .
The pool and hot tub area was clean and secure , plenty of towels
Upon checking out Bryan was helpful and plesant ,asked if all was to our satisfaction ;which we assured him it was , we were very very pleased , Thankyou one and all .we will come back again ,

Room Tip: i do not think any room would be a bad choice , we faced out to the street and it was very quiet no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this detailed review of your experience at our hotel and for giving your stay with us 5 stars! I am so glad to read that all our facilities and services met your expectations, including your hotel room, restaurant and pool. I have shared your comments with Winnifred and Bryan. We truly are very fortunate to have them in our team.
Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit to Delta Toronto Airport West.
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times in 2012. I plan my vacations so that I can reside there. I don't consider any other hotels. I know all the people who work there by name, and now consider them close friends. I have even emailed various people to keep in touch after arriving home.
The hotel manager and staff could not be any friendlier, helpful, or efficient.

Room Tip: As far as I know, all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent visit. It is always a pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to read that you had another great stay at our hotel. All of our team, and myself, look forward to seeing you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West, your "home away from home".

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!