“Appreciation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Strathroy, Canada
“Appreciation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel to attend a wedding using Air Miles. All the staff were extremely pleasant and accommodating. Two ladies who served in the restaurant, helped me complete putting on my Sari (I haven't worn one before). They did it with pleasure and the "manager" didn't seem to mind them assisting me. The customers were attended to at all times, so it didn't interfere with the service they were providing. I had many positive compliments from different staff on my appearance in the Sari and that helped me feel confident to wear one. The room was more than adequate for us, although the faucets on the sink badly need to be replaced (at least in our room they did - 707).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent visit. I am happy to read that our Restaurant team was able to provide personalized service and assisted you with your sari. We constantly strive to not only meet, but to exceed our guests' expectations and it appears that we were able to do just that. I also appreciate that you pointed out the maintenance concerns in your room and I have forwarded your message to our Chief Engineer.
Thank you again for staying with us. Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Toronto West on our Honeymoon. Mr Abiam Shad has given us the best service I have ever had. We stayed for 4 days at the Delta Toronto Airport, were away 4 days, and then came back to stay another night at the Delta Toronto Airport. For the first time we used AIR MILES for our stay, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I was greated at the check-in by Abiam Shad who was professional, respectful, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He gave us all the information we required. As we entered our room on the last evening, to our delightful surprise was a bottle of wine chilling, 2 beautiful wine glasses to drink from and a fruit, crackers and cheese tray. Also there was a Congratulations card that was signed by several employees. We felt very special. Thank you. From Mr & Mrs Roger Gibbons. My unmarried name was Ms Joan Silbernagel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked a beautiful green space courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your marriage; we appreciate that you stayed with us during your honeymoon.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Abiam helped to make it even more special for you by acting in true Delta spirit and 'straight from the heart'. I have shared your feedback with Abiam and have recognized him for providing outstanding customer service.
Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The staff at the Delta went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They were more than happy to accommodate my food allergies in their restaurant. We will most certainly be back to this hotel with their friendly staff and excellent value!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that our team left you with a memorable impression and assisted with food choices in our restaurant.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'd like to start by disclosing that I got this room for a STEAL via Priceline. It was rated 3.5 stars, but I'd really give it closer to a 4-4.5 rating.

The building was gorgeous. It had a nice courtyard, great reception area, fancy looking restaurant (although we didn't eat there) - all in a beautiful location. The staff was very friendly and professional from the moment we arrived.

The room itself was very clean, and very well decorated. I really liked that the television was hidden away inside of an armoire. You just simply opened the doors if you wanted to watch tv. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and came stocked with soft white towels and "spa" quality shampoos and soaps. My only issue with the room itself was that the toilet made this HORRIBLE noise about 45 minutes after you'd flush. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed.

We ate at a local restaurant located about a block away (Kelsey's). With our room key, we received 10% off our bill, which is a great deal and I highly recommend their pulled pork sandwich.

Checkout was simple. Parking was a deal at $16 (parking anywhere around Toronto or the airport is going to be expensive). I'd stay here again if I had to spend another night in Toronto.

Room Tip: The iceboxes are located on the odd floors, so if you want to minimize your chances of getting place...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this great review of our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and services met your expectations. We hope that you will visit this area soon again and stay with us at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here because we had an international flight leaving out of Toronto. We got a package deal that included parking for our entire trip and a one-night stay at the hotel. It was a real bargain. The shuttle worked out very well. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the airport. On the return trip, we simply called to let them know we needed the shuttle and it arrived within 10 minutes.

The room was nice too. Comfortable and clean. Some of the furniture and appliances were showing some age, but all was in good order and well cared for. The front desk staff were very friendly and the breakfast buffet (not included but worth the price) was wonderful. Breakfast included cereals, yogurt, toppings (dried fruit, brown sugar, nuts, etc.), fresh fruit, hot scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes.

The fitness room is actually two rooms: one for the cardio equipment (4-5 treadmills, 3-4 ellipticals, recumbent bike, and upright bike) and the other for weight-training. They have plenty of free weights and mats, in addition to a universal weight machine.

Although other airports are comparably close to us, we'll be looking at Toronto again knowing this hotel makes it easy and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for this detailed review of our property! It is great to read that you had a pleasant stay and that you particularly enjoyed our fitness centre and the breakfast in our Chardonnay Restaurant. Our team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed there July 24. Booked hotel through Hotwire. We wanted a lower level but were given the 4th floor because, we were told, the lower floors were all premium rooms. (those are the renovated rooms I think). So our 4th floor room smelled so much like disinfectant cleaner, I would have got a headache if we would have stayed there more than 5 minutes, so I called down and got moved to the 2nd floor in which we were told, this is an upgrade but we wont charge you. so that was nice. The beds were very comfortable for sure. The tub in the bathroom had been painted and was pealing around the drain area. Not very appealing. The pool was nice but the hot tub jets were not working. For us it was a big dissapointment. Also, the saunas are in the mens and ladies changroom, they are not co ed. The saunas were always on and very hot so very nice. We did not eat there. Parking costs $16. but we parked at the lot across the street in the AutoMall, Its a huge lot with many quick eat places and Car sale lots. It was ok for what it was, however the courtyard was very nice and we cut through it to get to pool instead of going past the front desk. Oh and on the 2nd floor I got wi fi.

Room Tip: room 224 is almost across from the elevator and it was also quiet for us.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for posting such a detailed review about your recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry that you faced some initial challenges when you first arrived, but I am glad that we were able to resolve them to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, we experienced some technical difficulties with our hot tub jets during the time of your stay, however, they have since been repaired and are again fully operational. We thank you for staying with us and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Like the previous reviewer I am a bit of a road warrior too.

I spend at least 100 nights per year in hotels

In Mississauga Ihave a wide choice of hotels but always stay at the Delta Airport West hotel

My experience is that the staff make all the difference from the front desk to the restaurant to housekeeping the people are always friendly and accomodating

I wish I was as spoiled at home

Thanks to the entire staff

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet I prefer a deluxe room with a king bed but that is a persoal preference T...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for posting a review about our hotel. We continuously strive to provide superior customer service and I am glad to read that our team have left you with a memorable impression. We are certainly very honored that you stay with us when you are in the area. Thank you for your loyalty to Delta Toronto Airport West!

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!