“Clean, Convenient, but lacks the personal touch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Airport West Hotel

You added Toronto Airport West Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Airport West Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5444 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2L2, Canada (Formerly Delta Toronto Airport West)   |
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Clean, Convenient, but lacks the personal touch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed there on business for 6 nights and was pleasantly greeted and accommodated by Paul upon my arrival and thought for sure I was in for a treat the rest of the week. I am a road warrior and so am probably more demanding than others, but Paul was the last Front Desk person that seemed to care! I called the Front Desk for information about their shuttle and the woman answering said it runs every 1/2 hour then said thank you for calling and hung-up. What I needed to know is how far the shuttle would take me not the hours it runs. On the topic of the shuttle, it only goes to the airport and back - their pickup was right on time and very quick. Their drivers are great, especially Abdi! Their Chardonnay Restaurant and Lounge was great for breakfast (though they did not change any of the buffet offerings the entire week) and they have an omelet station and it's always manned. The serving staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean and spacious. Their pool is indoors and never seemed to have towels available. The fitness room was also clean and had just the right amount and diversity of equipment. Overall, I would recommend this hotel but would hope they get Paul to train the other staff members in how to treat their guests!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for discounts such as AAA, etc. The disounts they gave were more than I expected.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you very much for posting a review and sharing the experience of your recent visit. I am glad that, overall, you had a pleasant stay and were particularly satisfied with your room, our Chardonnay Restaurant, shuttle service, and the Fitness Facility. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in terms of service received at the Front Desk. Our Front Office Manager has been copied on your comments and will address your concerns with his team.
We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Front Desk Staff is always welcoming and accommodating go above your expectation.
Jasmonia always take of my needs, Mohit- my hero always give me my second wake up call just to make sur I am awake.
Mahir, this guy is so professional and eager to help.
I love the senority of the rock garden. Beds are very comfortable, service is excellent.

Room Tip: Excellent location near the airport and excellent service from the staff
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. I am glad to read that our Front Desk employees look after you while staying with us and go above and beyond to not only meet, but to exceed your expectations. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the team.
Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was unplanned and courtesy of an airline's terrible service. When I got in the complementary (24 hr) shuttle I was maaaad. The shuttle driver was kind and friendly (cheered me up) and the first indication that the service would be good. The concierge, housekeeping and bar staff were all the same - the service was great.
The hotel itself was ok, the bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The air conditioning unit in my room was very loud which probably would've made it hard to sleep for some people but I managed. The location & shuttle make it easy to get to the airport. All in all I enjoyed my brief stay, even if it was unplanned.

• Stayed July 2012
OpsAKDeltaTAW, Operations Manager at Toronto Airport West Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. It is always unfortunate when your travels are unexpectedly interrupted and I am glad to read that our driver was able to cheer you up and turn a negative situation around. It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you here and we hope to see you again some time at Delta Toronto Airport West.
canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here before a trip and everything was fine until we arrived home and had to wait over 45 minutes for our shuttle. We called as soon as we recieved our luggage (our flight landed at 11:30pm). After waiting and waiting and having to call back several times they came. Completely Disspointed. Who wants to wait this long after travelling all day. I recommend the double tree. We usually stay there but it was fully booked this time. Won't be using delta again!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. We truly are very sorry that, late in the evening and after a long trip, you had to wait longer than usual for our airport shuttle. The team members concerned have been notified and will determine the cause of this delay. Please accept our apologies!
We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The room was good, but the shuttle service to and from the airport could be better. I waited for 45 minutes for a shuttle that was supposed to show up in 20 at the airport and when we were returning to the airport it is first come first serve. You need to be at the doors of the 9 passenger van to get a spot. Leave extra time to get to the airport or hire a taxi to ensure you get to your terminal on time. We could have chosen cheaper for the same level of service. With technology that is around today, you should not have to pay for wireless Internet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us feedback of your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the challenges you faced when taking our airport shuttle. Our shuttle operation consists of vehicles of various sizes (up to 24 persons) and we will certainly investigate why there was a longer than usual wait at the airport, and only a smaller van available at the hotel. Our Front Office Manager has been made aware of your comments and will follow up with his team.
Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience! We hope that you will give us an opportunity in future to welcome you back at Delta Toronto Airport West.
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The room and restaurant service were very good, but it was the airport shuttle driver, Mousa, who really made our stay great. Because of a cancelled flight, we had to overnight in Toronto and it was such a relief to see a friendly face both to and from the hotel. It really sets the tone for the stay. Great job, Mousa!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review after your visit to our hotel. Great to read that you had a pleasant stay, and I am particularly happy that it was one of our employees who made all the difference. Mousa is a true asset to our hotel and we are very proud to have him in our team. Rest assured that I will share your comments with him.
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great service. Restaurant was of excellent quality as well as the service personell. 5 star quality in a 3 star superior. Reception was profesional, friendly and helpful. Room was clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us feedback following your visit to our hotel. I am glad to read that our facility and services met your expectations and that you particularly enjoyed our Chardonnay Restaurant.
We hope to welcome you soon again at Delta Toronto Airport West.

Been to Toronto Airport West Hotel? Share your experiences!