“Pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ottawa, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were staying nearby and happened to spot the yuk yuk's and decided to go to a Saturday night show. We booked online about 3 hours before the show, and had no issues at the door which was great (and a relief). So definitely great convenience there!.. We were actually quite exhausted from a day of driving and touring but the show brought us both back to life. Overall the value was excellent, comedian were hilarious and we enjoyed the popcorn which you can purchase and eat as a snack at the table. Nice way to finish a night!

Visited July 2014

Mississauga, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Where do they find the chairs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Why or why must the chairs be so very very uncomfortable.

Yuk Yuks is always great for a fun night out if you like to laugh, and i for one love to laugh. We attend fairly regularily. Its always a new adventure every time you go, so many talented Canadians. Love how they can get the crowd into the acts. Would recommend for a date night, however, dont sit too close to the front.

I have never eaten there so I cant comment. There isnt anything that inspires me to eat there in any way.

Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“New Year's Eve 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I booked a dinner/show package here for New Year's Eve. It was $ 85 per person.

Firstly, I should say that we thoroughly enjoyed the show. Jay Brown and the two headlining comedians were thoroughly entertaining and had us laughing through the night.

We would definitely return to see a show.

The dinner consisted of bruschetta, your choice of salad or soup, a meat or vegetarian entree and dessert.

The bruschetta consisted of one cold piece per person. The caesar salad was edible, just visibly not of high quality or careful preparation. The vegetarian entree was butternut squash ravioli but it was cold. The dessert was a brownie with whipped cream that was served to our table about an hour after dinner.

We were advised that they had not received their beer shipment that day and would likely run out of certain brands of beer.

The waitresses were busy and so early on, we got into the habit of ordering multiple drinks to avoid waiting.

I'm not sure what the experience is like on a regular comedy night but I would definitely not return for a meal.

One would assume that a dining establishment would be putting their best effort forward on a special night to try to entice people back. This was definitely not the case on New Year's Eve.

Visited January 2014
Brentwood Bay, BC
7 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a night on the road.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked our tickets online and went on a Friday night while staying at a nearby hotel. Getting tickets was very easy and there really wasn't much benefit to booking online.

The club is a little dated and very much a pub. With that in mind, don't expect anything more than your basic beverage selection and pub fair. The service was excellent and very efficient.

I was surprised that the club only caters to the comedy show. Don't expect to come early or hang out after the show, the place clears out immediately.

Overall we had a great time and would definitely return if in the area.

Visited July 2013
Brampton, Canada
“Jay Brown was hilarious!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time ever at a comedy club. We booked our tickets online and was hassle free. The venue itself was pretty basic, a bit dingy. The chairs were really uncomfortable though. My husband has back issues and was feeling it by the end of the show. The wait staff was pretty efficient with orders. We didn't order anything to eat though, just to drink. We got good seating, right near the stage. Washrooms were downstairs and dingy too.
Now about the show. The MC Jay Brown was hilarious! Couldn't stop laughing. The others, Peter Anthony (feature) and the other guy from Hamilton (can't remember his name) were so-so. A few laughs here and there. Nothing to write home about. Jay stole the show and his act saved the night.
Would I go back again to this location? I don't think so, but overall it was a pretty decent experience; I just expected more.

Visited August 2013