“Great Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Ontario
“Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Toronto Airport for 2 nights before flying out of Pearson for vacation.
Upon arrival at Pearson you have to call the hotel and request the shuttle pick you up at the airport - it took maybe 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive and brought us to the hotel quickly.
Check in was quick and easy. Our room was great. Very clean and comfortable. Simple amenities in the bathroom, but it was exactly what we needed.
Breakfast was good. There were scrambled eggs, home fries, sausages, a waffle station, oatmeal and a selection of cold cereals, fruits, pastries and breads.
I also really liked that there was coffee and teas available 24/7, along with ice water and fruit.
I had to use the 24 hr connivance store located off the main lobby and the prices weren't too bad considering.
We asked for a wake up call for 4:45am and it was received on time.
The shuttle back to the airport at 5:30am was ok. There were a lot of people all leaving at the same time as the shuttle is shared by the Hilton next door. Therefore a few people were left standing, but the shuttle driver made the most of the situation and dropped us all off without any issues.
This hotel is definitely worth the price and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
JannyLyn,

Thank you so much for posting the great review.

I could not have said it better “Great Airport Hotel”.

You shared everything possible about a stay with us, from the wakeup call service, to the great breakfast.

Many people are happy and surprised at the great value, coffee and tea 24 hrs, and the free airport shuttle, not to mention the free WIFI, free daily newspaper, Free light dinner Monday to Thursday 5:30pm to 7:00pm. What more could you ask for?

We try our best to provide a wide variety of items in our suite shop, and at a reasonable price.
Again, thank you very much for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and we hope to see you again soon.

Warren Bowles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Soft bed, great pillows, great shower, awesome gym, friendly service... plus cookies at around 3pm with 24 hour coffee or tea. What more could you want???? It really is a great place to relax after a hard days work or when visiting Toronto. The price is great! I suggest you rent a car at the airport, stay here, and drive into Toronto for a visit. It's better than paying 250 dollars a night at a hotel downtown if you're budget conscious.

MrWorldide721,

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts about your stay with us.

I tell everybody I know the same thing. Why pay so much to stay downtown when we are only 20 minutes away.

Yes the cookies are very addictive, my favorite are the macadamia and white chocolate chips.

Thank you very much for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and we hope to see you again soon.

Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here on two separate occasions in one week, on either end of a trip that departed from Toronto.
First night - wonderful. Check in was a breeze. We had a king jacuzzi suite. The bed is gorgeous, huge, and comfortable. The room is very large and clean. Ours did not have curtains that closed (what is up with that?) so we were up with the sunrise. The TV has a great selection of channels. The breakfast buffet is AMAZINGLY good for what I thought it would be, and included scrambled eggs, ham, sausages, yogurts, fruits, cereals, waffles, bread, bagels, and muffins. This made the whole stay worth it.

Second night - we called for the shuttle upon returning to the airport and were told to meet at post C22 in 10-15 minutes. We were already there so we thought "hey, no problem." After 40 minutes I called the hotel again and asked what the hold up was, and was told the shuttle driver had come but no one was there. Impossible since I myself had been waiting as well as 6 others from my flight. Anyways, he came back, but not after we stood in the freezing cold for nearly an hour. When we got to the hotel check in was quick, but as we were departing at 530 the next morning we requested the bag lunches. The guy checking us in visibly rolled his eyes and then said "well I only have one left so I guess you have to share it." Uhhh okay. Could have done without the attitude. The next morning we went to meet the shuttle. I was downstairs at 525am (the shuttle is supposed to depart at 530), so I brought my bags out and the driver was trying to hurry me along, I said I have to wait for my boyfriend (who was just exiting the elevator on the ground floor with his bags for the shuttle) when the driver said "NO I HAVE TO GO NOW!" and took off, without us, at 527am. I thought that was ridiculous and was really unimpressed with both his attitude and having to call a cab to get to the airport.

We had rooms 715 and 515 and in both of them the bathroom light made this ridiculous ticking noise that meant taking a shower was horrible because the noise would drive you nuts.

macdougallkatie,

Thank you so much for taking a moment and posting your thoughts about your stay with us.

The King Jacuzzi suites are great rooms, we have only 4 of them, so I always suggest booking early.

I was very happy to see how great your first night was, and very disappointed with your return stay.

The incidents you have shared are not the norm for us, and we want all our guests to have a great stay, each and every time.

I wish to offer you my greatest personal apology for the problems you experienced on your return trip, and I hope you will not hold them against us for the future, as we do appreciate all our guests and I hope to see back with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before. I love the large, clean, quiet rooms & the breakfast. When heading out of town on a trip I like the park & fly package, shuttle service & its reasonable cost. Paying for one nights overnight parking, however, is ridicolous! This isn't downtown Toronto.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jackie M,

Thank you for taking a moment and posting your thoughts about your stay with us.

I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed our large, clean and quite rooms.

I am also glad to see you have taken advantage of our great valued Park Stay and Go Package we offer, for only a few more dollars on the rate, it will include 8 days parking.

Yes, nobody enjoys paying for parking, but as I am sure you know parking at or near a major airport can be a challenge and can be very expensive. When we looked at all the hotels in the area, we chose the charge the lowest amount, at $12.00 tax included.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a relatively new airport property, the Hampton Inn offers tremendous value to the casual and business traveller:

What I liked: Efficient shuttle service from Pearson (will usually show up within a few minutes of calling). From the hotel, the shuttle runs every 30 minutes and is very punctual. Amongst the closest property to the airport (other than Sheraton and Alt). Complimentary (basic) breakfast and Wifi. Friendly and efficient front desk staff. Comfortable bed. good size bathroom

What it could improve: This property does provide the basic amenities at a great price/value for most people. The two pet peeves that I usually have with Hampton Inn properties is the very subpar bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo) and the fact that most rooms are equipped with noisier through the wall AC/heating equipment (rather than a central air system). compared to other Hilton-branded properties, the Hampton Inn breakfast is acceptable, but nothing to write home about (eg: no yogurt, ok quality for hot breakfast items)

The bottom line: If looking for ultimate value, this is the place. However, I personally prefer the Hilton Garden Inn next door, which often have similar pricing and if you are a top-tier member with Hilton, the breakfast at the HGI property is much superior (so is room layout and amenities, with the exception of beds which are dreadful at HGIs)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ottwatrvlr,

Wow, 244 reviews in 106 cities, I thank you so much for taking the time to share your post.

I really like how you detailed out everything in your review, and how it will help other travelers make the right choice.

With our on demand shuttle, running 24 hrs, and being the closest hotel to the airport, does make it a quick trip.

Friendly service, clean comfortable beds, and a great value, that is the Hampton Inn Brand in a nutshell.

You are not the first to mention the bathroom amenities, and you will be happy to hear that Hampton Inn has listened to our guests and have plans to switch the products. It is in the works, we just need to use up the existing products and await the new supply.

I was surprised about your comment about no yogurt, as we do offer 2 brands, Danone assorted and Silhouette assorted yogurts.

The individual Heating and Air-conditioning units do make it easy to control the temperature in the room to the guests liking, but does generate more noise than a central based system.

Ontario. Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel was modern and clean. The room was very good, with plenty of space. There was a basic free breakfast which was nice, and the staff were courteous. Disappointed that there wasn't a coffee shop to get a snack after checking in - I was directed to a drive-thru-only Tim Hortons a 10 minute walk away on a very cold & windy day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisOntario.Canada,

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts.

Tim Horton’s is only a quick walk away, but in February, I can imagine not a warm walk, and I am sorry for that.

We do not have a restaurant on site, but we do offer a free hot breakfast from 6:00am to 10:00am every day, and a light dinner from 5:30pm to 7:00pm Monday to Thursday. We also have our Suite Shop open 24hrs to the left of the front desk, and complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby also available for 24hrs.

We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Clean, easy, no fuss stay. Room and bathroom was spacious and clean.Great, free, hot breakfast! Easy to use free internet service.Fresh fruit and lemon ice water in the lobby was a nice touch. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy321,

Thank you for the great comments.

Some other hotels will charge you for an apple; we have apples, oranges, and bananas in the lobby, along with the water with lemon. Not to mention the complimentary coffee and tea 24 hrs.

Looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Warren Bowles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto - Mississauga
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!