“Great Hotel close to Airport” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3279 Caroga Dr, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Great Hotel close to Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Soft bed, great pillows, great shower, awesome gym, friendly service... plus cookies at around 3pm with 24 hour coffee or tea. What more could you want???? It really is a great place to relax after a hard days work or when visiting Toronto. The price is great! I suggest you rent a car at the airport, stay here, and drive into Toronto for a visit. It's better than paying 250 dollars a night at a hotel downtown if you're budget conscious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
MrWorldide721,

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts about your stay with us.

I tell everybody I know the same thing. Why pay so much to stay downtown when we are only 20 minutes away.

Yes the cookies are very addictive, my favorite are the macadamia and white chocolate chips.

Thank you very much for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport and we hope to see you again soon.

Warren Bowles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here on two separate occasions in one week, on either end of a trip that departed from Toronto.
First night - wonderful. Check in was a breeze. We had a king jacuzzi suite. The bed is gorgeous, huge, and comfortable. The room is very large and clean. Ours did not have curtains that closed (what is up with that?) so we were up with the sunrise. The TV has a great selection of channels. The breakfast buffet is AMAZINGLY good for what I thought it would be, and included scrambled eggs, ham, sausages, yogurts, fruits, cereals, waffles, bread, bagels, and muffins. This made the whole stay worth it.

Second night - we called for the shuttle upon returning to the airport and were told to meet at post C22 in 10-15 minutes. We were already there so we thought "hey, no problem." After 40 minutes I called the hotel again and asked what the hold up was, and was told the shuttle driver had come but no one was there. Impossible since I myself had been waiting as well as 6 others from my flight. Anyways, he came back, but not after we stood in the freezing cold for nearly an hour. When we got to the hotel check in was quick, but as we were departing at 530 the next morning we requested the bag lunches. The guy checking us in visibly rolled his eyes and then said "well I only have one left so I guess you have to share it." Uhhh okay. Could have done without the attitude. The next morning we went to meet the shuttle. I was downstairs at 525am (the shuttle is supposed to depart at 530), so I brought my bags out and the driver was trying to hurry me along, I said I have to wait for my boyfriend (who was just exiting the elevator on the ground floor with his bags for the shuttle) when the driver said "NO I HAVE TO GO NOW!" and took off, without us, at 527am. I thought that was ridiculous and was really unimpressed with both his attitude and having to call a cab to get to the airport.

We had rooms 715 and 515 and in both of them the bathroom light made this ridiculous ticking noise that meant taking a shower was horrible because the noise would drive you nuts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
macdougallkatie,

Thank you so much for taking a moment and posting your thoughts about your stay with us.

The King Jacuzzi suites are great rooms, we have only 4 of them, so I always suggest booking early.

I was very happy to see how great your first night was, and very disappointed with your return stay.

The incidents you have shared are not the norm for us, and we want all our guests to have a great stay, each and every time.

I wish to offer you my greatest personal apology for the problems you experienced on your return trip, and I hope you will not hold them against us for the future, as we do appreciate all our guests and I hope to see back with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before. I love the large, clean, quiet rooms & the breakfast. When heading out of town on a trip I like the park & fly package, shuttle service & its reasonable cost. Paying for one nights overnight parking, however, is ridicolous! This isn't downtown Toronto.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jackie M,

Thank you for taking a moment and posting your thoughts about your stay with us.

I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed our large, clean and quite rooms.

I am also glad to see you have taken advantage of our great valued Park Stay and Go Package we offer, for only a few more dollars on the rate, it will include 8 days parking.

Yes, nobody enjoys paying for parking, but as I am sure you know parking at or near a major airport can be a challenge and can be very expensive. When we looked at all the hotels in the area, we chose the charge the lowest amount, at $12.00 tax included.

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a relatively new airport property, the Hampton Inn offers tremendous value to the casual and business traveller:

What I liked: Efficient shuttle service from Pearson (will usually show up within a few minutes of calling). From the hotel, the shuttle runs every 30 minutes and is very punctual. Amongst the closest property to the airport (other than Sheraton and Alt). Complimentary (basic) breakfast and Wifi. Friendly and efficient front desk staff. Comfortable bed. good size bathroom

What it could improve: This property does provide the basic amenities at a great price/value for most people. The two pet peeves that I usually have with Hampton Inn properties is the very subpar bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo) and the fact that most rooms are equipped with noisier through the wall AC/heating equipment (rather than a central air system). compared to other Hilton-branded properties, the Hampton Inn breakfast is acceptable, but nothing to write home about (eg: no yogurt, ok quality for hot breakfast items)

The bottom line: If looking for ultimate value, this is the place. However, I personally prefer the Hilton Garden Inn next door, which often have similar pricing and if you are a top-tier member with Hilton, the breakfast at the HGI property is much superior (so is room layout and amenities, with the exception of beds which are dreadful at HGIs)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ottwatrvlr,

Wow, 244 reviews in 106 cities, I thank you so much for taking the time to share your post.

I really like how you detailed out everything in your review, and how it will help other travelers make the right choice.

With our on demand shuttle, running 24 hrs, and being the closest hotel to the airport, does make it a quick trip.

Friendly service, clean comfortable beds, and a great value, that is the Hampton Inn Brand in a nutshell.

You are not the first to mention the bathroom amenities, and you will be happy to hear that Hampton Inn has listened to our guests and have plans to switch the products. It is in the works, we just need to use up the existing products and await the new supply.

I was surprised about your comment about no yogurt, as we do offer 2 brands, Danone assorted and Silhouette assorted yogurts.

The individual Heating and Air-conditioning units do make it easy to control the temperature in the room to the guests liking, but does generate more noise than a central based system.

Ontario. Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel was modern and clean. The room was very good, with plenty of space. There was a basic free breakfast which was nice, and the staff were courteous. Disappointed that there wasn't a coffee shop to get a snack after checking in - I was directed to a drive-thru-only Tim Hortons a 10 minute walk away on a very cold & windy day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ChrisOntario.Canada,

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts.

Tim Horton’s is only a quick walk away, but in February, I can imagine not a warm walk, and I am sorry for that.

We do not have a restaurant on site, but we do offer a free hot breakfast from 6:00am to 10:00am every day, and a light dinner from 5:30pm to 7:00pm Monday to Thursday. We also have our Suite Shop open 24hrs to the left of the front desk, and complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby also available for 24hrs.

We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Clean, easy, no fuss stay. Room and bathroom was spacious and clean.Great, free, hot breakfast! Easy to use free internet service.Fresh fruit and lemon ice water in the lobby was a nice touch. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy321,

Thank you for the great comments.

Some other hotels will charge you for an apple; we have apples, oranges, and bananas in the lobby, along with the water with lemon. Not to mention the complimentary coffee and tea 24 hrs.

Looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Jamestown, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I would have given this 4.5 if it were possible on TA. Since I always round up, it gets a five.

Pros
1.) The bed was fantastic! Pillow top, very comfortable and provided a great night's sleep.
2.) Breakfast. I don't know if the selection was this large because it was Sunday morning or if they always provide this large a selection, but it was terrific. Several hot choices, several cold choices and of course the ubiquitous waffle maker. Everything tasted great and was replenished regularly. Also, the breakfast area manager was very friendly, going around greeting people, asking about the food and if she could get them anything. I haven't run into this before.
3.) Quietness. Being so close to Pearson Airport I was afraid of a lot of plane noise, but I never heard any. We were also facing the main road, but again no noise. And even though we were close to the elevators, I never heard anyone other than voices in the hall as they passed a couple of times.
4.) Bathroom - Very nicely done, and the shower head was outstanding. A nice strong flow with several choices obtained by twisting the head.
5.) Very nice workout/pool area. The workout room had reclining cycles, treadmills, elliptical machines, weights and a couple of other things.
6.) Everything was very clean.

Cons
1.) Room was a bit small, and only two chairs provided for a room with two queen beds.
2.) I felt the staff at the front desk could have been a bit more friendly. They were very professional and efficient, though, so I guess this is a knit pick.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WarrenBowles, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Catcher24,

What a great review.

I especially enjoy that you gave both Pros and Cons.

Being a senior contributor with over 40 reviews, your detailed descriptions will help others make a great choice when they choose to stay with us.

A great night’s sleep is what everybody looks for in a hotel, and you will always find it with us.
You will be happy to know that breakfast we serve is the same all week long, and rotate the choice of 3 hot items, so you will not get board having the same thing every day.

I cannot do much to address the size of our standard rooms, but I will share your comments with our front desk, professional and efficient is great, but friendly is very important.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your travels and we look forward to having you back!

Warren Bowles

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!