“Pricey but worth it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Waterside Inn

Save Saved
You added The Waterside Inn to your Saves list
The Waterside Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Stavebank Road South, Mississauga, Ontario L5G2T2, Canada   |
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
AcuraT
“Pricey but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have found the Waterside Inn to have very good service and they do their best to help even the most unusual requests. I had to get a calling card to call home but it was late at night and everything was closed. They suggested I go to a convienence store 1 km away that may have a card. Not only did the store have a card, but it was discounted over the store where I had been purchasing cards around the corner.

I like to cook for myself so when I asked for pots and pans like another traveler on here thought is annoying, they asked me if I would like to have the same pots and pans for every stay since I am coming back for about three monnths on a weekly basis. So although it is true the full kitchens are not furnished well, if you ask ahead of time they will furnish them for you with the cooking utencils you desire.

Although the gym they have is pretty weak, I found a gym 3 km down the road called Excel which allowed me to join for 6 weeks for a discounted rate. I run to the gym to workout and then run back to the hotel for additional exercise.

The room quality is high with wood floors, marble countertops in the bathroom and kitchen, and cable tv with nice sofas. Note that the "luxury" rooms on the second floor are bigger, but lack a kitchen so if you want to cook for yourself, avoid those. Also note there is a ton of closet space in these units and there is a nice rug on the floor in the main room. Be aware that all rooms have internet, but you may have to ask for a cable if you do not bring one of your own.

Overall, a little pricey but it is a high quality hotel. I do not use the resturant except for the included breakfast. It is high end and quite good but expensive. There are plenty of good resturants around the hotel so the hotel intelligent targets the top end of the resturant business rather than trying to run a "me to" establishment.

I stay there weekly and for the busines traveler who has the need and wants to cook for themselves, it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Traveling with my wife and adult son for a father's day visit with the in-laws, I booked a two-bedroom suite directly from the hotel's web site. We arrived shortly before the 4:00 check-in time - only to find when we got to the room that we had been given a one-bedroom suite. I phoned the front desk to let them know of the mistake. The desk clerk was belligerent; insisting that I had booked a one-bedroom. I told her that I had a print-out of their confirmation e-mail that clearly stated two-bedroom. She said that not only were there no two-bedroom suites available, but that I would be paying the nightly rate quoted for the two-bedroom. I was furious and let them know. The manager tried to make up for this situation by offering us a comp. continental breakfast - as if a coffee and pasty would make everything OK. When we checked out, it was a different desk clerk who was happy to make the adjustment in the rate. I later found that my credit card had been billed on the day I made the reservation - not on the check-in date. I'm now waiting to see if the rate adjustment goes through.

All in all, it is a very nice hotel in an excellent location. It's a pity that they can't get a simple reservation right and don't know how to properly treat their customers. The behaviour of the check-in desk clerk was totally unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

The hotel is a great value for money. Very clean and luxury boutique hotel on the lake. Excellent customer services. Great manu, food taste good. Nice location on the lake and port credit harbour front. Next time i will bring my family in June for boating.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Arrived to the hotel to find that they did not have my reservation.....Was given an upgraded room for one night then had to pack everything to change rooms the next day. Was at the lobby at 08:30 a.m. and asked them to hold my luggage and would appreciate that I could get my room asap to hang clothes up and do some work. No problem they said..........I actually did not come back to the front desk until 12:30 and they never had anything ready.....very confused they were........hmmm. they said we have to somehow check you out then check you back in ? Sat there for a half hour. Got my room.

Frst night arrived just went to the lounge for a drink and a quick bite....there was nothing on the menu under $27 bucks. In saying that the food was great and restaurant was nice but only if you are interested in having a very nice meal everynight otherwise you will need to leave the hotel.

Nothing wrong with the rooms but these private boutique hotels just do not turn my crank.......bed was very comfortable. All in all nothing wrong with this hotel - actually some people that I was with really liked it. Personally, if it was my choice I would not stay here again..... Like I said, nothing really wrong but just did not feel the vibe. Sorry.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

We stayed there for one weekend in September and got a special rate for our one-bedroom appartment. We thought that it was good value for money. The appartment was spacious, with a huge kitchen (with cooking range, oven and microwave, but no pots and pans which seemed very strange), and separate bedroom and living room. The location is beautiful, we had a nice view of Lake Ontario and the Toronto Skyline in the distance. And above all: it was quiet. Hardly anything was to be heard at night from outside or within the hotel. The front desk staff were very nice, they let us check in well before the official check-in time. We would have given this property the full five points if it had not been for the breakfast. Together with our weekend package we got two 5 $ vouchers for breakfast. We tried breakfast once, but were disappointed. The buffet contained mostly hot stuff, and very little on the continental side. So we had to ask specifically for toast and butter, which was included in the buffet in most other hotels. The restaurant staff did not seem to be too enthusiastic about their job, although there were few guests present we had to wait quite some time for coffee refill etc. So we decided to make our own breakfast the next day (there are some smaller grocery stores 5 minutes from the hotel).
Altogether we can recommend this hotel for visitors of Toronto who want to have quiet and affordable accomodation (especially on weekends), the GO train takes a bit more than 20 minutes to Union Station (plus 5 minutes walk to the Port Credit station).

• Liked — beautiful location, spacious appartment
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorkshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2006

We drove round Mississauga (which is largely uninspiring) looking for digs and saw Port Credit on the map. It is a great little town - lovely restaurants and bars and right on the lake shore - you can see downtown Toronto to the left as you look out on the lake.

There are only two hotel choices and the other was practically a flophouse, so the Waterside was Hobson's choice really. It isn't cheap ($200 CAD per night minimum) but we felt it was good value as that was a suite with a lake view. The rooms were clean and well equipped.

I would recommend the Cajun restaurant over the road from the hotel - fantastic food and atmosphere and very friendly service.

Stayed September 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were meant to feel as if we were VIP's. The front desk staff were courtious and attentive, ensuring us that all of our needs would be met. the room was absolutly beautiful with its lake view and lovley furnishings. The restaurant was a a gem, romantic and upscale it had a feel of unparalled ellegance. the food was to die for and the service was silky smooth. We will certainly return the next time we are in Mississauga and recommend it to those considering a trip to the city.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to The Waterside Inn? Share your experiences!