“Good food, great service, enjoyable.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #314 of 1,253 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Irish
Ottawa
“Good food, great service, enjoyable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I now make a point of visiting here each time I go to Toronto. I have yet to be disappointed. The staff are courteous and accommodating. The food is served quickly. The draft beer is great with no problems and always consistent quality. I too have noticed the ciggy smokers on the patio but I stay inside.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mississauga, Canada
“First Visit - Will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was a last minute decision. Our chosen restaurant had a 45 minute wait and we were somewhat pressed for time. we knew the building from when it was an English pub.
Our first impression was not good; we almost left. There was a large, fairly noisy, group and the main dining area was sparsely furnished with just a few tables along the wall. within minutes the noise makers settled down to there meal plus we were able to move from our initial table near the cold a drafty door.
Service was quick and very pleasant. Drinks were on the table within a couple of minutes of ordering. My wife and I took the safe route and ordered fish and chips. We expected something frozen out of a box but were pleasantly surprised. The 'single fish' order was a large piece of properly cooked fish. My 'regular' order had two quite large pieces of fish. It was reasonably priced. The 'single' order was adequate for most appetites and was a real bargain.
My granddaughter had the 'Bunratty' burger. Her immediate comment was "this tastes and looks homemade"
The draught beers covered a nice range of Irish, English and Canadian craft brews with a few massed produced tasteless North American types thrown in.
We will return and next time will be a bit more adventurous. Maybe the Champ and Sausage, I don't think that can come from a frozen package.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've visited Cuchulainn's on several occasions over the past couple of years and it never disappointed.
The food is great and I say this having tasted most items on the menu.
The patio is nice, that is if you don't mind inhaling other people's smoke with your food, but then again that is always the case with restaurant patios.
I would rate the service as average since I've had a few mishaps with a couple of servers who left us unattended and with no menu for a long time and forgot part of our order.
All things considered, I would recommend this establishment to anyone from or passing through Mississauga.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The patio is great for outdoor eating in the summer. In the winter, there's nothing better for me than a Guinness and my favourite item on the menu: Shepherd's Fries...I love it. Service is always topnotch. This is a great pub with great pub food!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice patio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

A nice selection of specialty drinks on a hot day while sitting out on their nicely shaded patio...unfortunately, although our server's personality and menu knowledge was excellent, it took her a while to bring us our drinks and notice when we needed another.

• Visited July 2012