“Run By the City of Mississauga” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Oakville, ontario
235 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“Run By the City of Mississauga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I must say from experience that this is a well run golf course by tthe City of Mississauga. Golf fees are reasonable and course is in good shape. One can get some good tee off times during the week but tthe weekends are extremely busy. For a first time golfer this course maybe be very challenging but it is good for exercise.

Visited August 2012

Toronto, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautifully kept, interesting course.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Always well maintained. This is a challenge for duffers and good players alike. It is not long but the greens are tough and there are some interesting surprises. Close to downtown. The course is one of the oldest in Canada

Visited November 2012
Toronto
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ladies Monday NIght Golf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Monday nights you can play 9 holes and enjoy a bbq for a very affordable price. You get to play the front 9 and can bring your own foresome or just join another group. This is a lot of fun with prizes most nights.

Visited July 2012
Reykjavik, Iceland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“If you want to feel good about your bad golf, come here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Well, I try to play golf ones in a while and sometimes I’m able to pull off a good shot or two. While travelling and if I have the time, golf is definitely high on my list of recreational activities. This July I’m bound for Toronto, Canada. My first time in Canada and I’ve been looking forward to it for quite some time. I’ve always been fascinated by Canada, the almost quarter of the earth it covers (well perhaps a little less) and the fact that it is home to many of my countrymen who fled poverty and misery for better fortune overseas.
Back to golf. My first day in “Toronto” was spent on a golf course in Mississauga, next door neighbor to Toronto. When I booked it online through the Mississauga City website, it was the one I was able to book without much hassle and it appealed to me that it was highly rated by Golf Digest, had history and reputation and was open to the public. What I and my spouse had in store was a fantastic episode of human interaction, four and a half hours of golf and chat with Sarah and Marylyn (hope I spell it right) and the most incredible service of the staff at Lakeview golf course, Jim and his colleagues who went further than anyone could have expected to make us feel at home. Coming from the plane, not checked into a hotel, with all the luggage on our backs… everything was nothing to them,… they just wanted us to have a great time at the course. And they succeeded. Thanks to all of you!

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 207 helpful votes
“Great golf, affordable and convienent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Course is in good shape, interesting layout, couple of funky holes, easily walkable

Visited March 2012