“Food are getting worst” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Food are getting worst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My kids love Mother Tuckers since they were young. Great food and a lot of choices. Recent trip back to one of the only few left in Canada were disappointed.

Food was ok but not great. There are still the same amount of choices but don't seems they change the menu very often. Ingrdents were fresh as I can see. However, the taste of the dishes were only fair. In addition, we were there until 9:30. However, the staffs were start getting food from the counter around 9. Nothing against the idea of letting the staffs to eat but they should do it closer to the closing time.

The seating area was also dirty and not well maintained. We probably won't go back for another year or two. Hopefully they are still around as they have closed most of the one we went to before.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, Ohio
“Canada Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were in Ottawa on Canada Day and enjoyed the Tuckers Restaurant there at the Market . Everything we ate was delicious and the service was wonderful. we had eaten there last year on a visit to Canada and liked it so we returned and will again in the future

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Blood red chicken, Rude servers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went here to celebrate my sons high school graduation. I have never had such an awful buffet. I have been going to Tucker's Marketplace for over 20 years (back when it was Mother Tuckers) but will never go back. The Greek salad was full of rock hard tomatoes and soggy cucumbers. My son had chicken that was blood red under the skin. When we reported it to the manager she was very rude and stuck up about it. She stated they could never serve under cooked chicken and that was just the marinade they use. I pointed out that 1) if it is marinade, knowingly dying a chicken to look like blood is gross and very unappetizing and 2) the second piece of chicken my son took did not have any red in it at all. She never responded just rolled her eyes and walked away. For the first time ever after eating at a restaurant I called the health department. I know the difference between marinade and blood.
There was nothing I found tasty or worth having a second portion of. The service was poor at best. The plates piled up to the point my father took them over to the service station so we would have room for our new plates. This place has really gone downhill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Good Selection of Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was out first visit to the restaurant and were very happy with the selection and quality of food. We will definitely return when we are in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sussex
“Sets you up for the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited here on our final day before flying home, and knowing we had airline food to look forward to! So we made the most of it. I love that you get to eat free on your birthday, (it wasn't for any of us) and kids only pay their age, so our 2yr old grandson only paid 2$, or rather we did, like that very much. The staff are lovely and helpful, the food choices are brilliant, no way could we try everything, tho our family did pretty well as a whole. it's fresh, attractive and very reasonably priced, they don't overcharge for drinks either. Look forward to our next visit, we have also been to the one up near Lester Pearson airport, and that's good too.

• Visited April 2013