“Funny story. They're actually open.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Social Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,218 restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mississauga Rd & Derry Rd
Description: Union Social Eatery is premium casual dining and socializing venue. It is an upbeat urban environment with a comfortable suburban approachability. It offers a comfortable, relaxed ambiance, food that is made fresh daily and a focus on treating every guest as a neighbourhood regular.
Mississauga
“Funny story. They're actually open.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I drive by here more than once thinking it was closed. It's pretty dark inside and there is no way if knowing that they are actually open. There was no patio either.

When I finally realized that it was open we enjoyed our visit. Nice decor and good food but nothing extraordinary.

I like leaving a place knowing I found one thing they do better than everyone else. But I may need to visit again I may have missed it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Shapleigh, Maine
“Clever concept and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Attending a conference in Mississauga this week and wanted to try one of the local restaurants. Someone at our hotel (Delta Meadowvale) suggested UNION SOCIAL EATERY and we were all pleased. We were five adults and two children and although there is no children's menu, the staff certainly made the children feel welcomed. Good variety of choices from Salmon salad to a steak salad to burgers and chicken fingers. Our server, Ryan, was most pleasant and very efficient. He proudly explained that he has been there since the beginning and I can tell why - pleasant surroundings, prepared to order selections and just all around great experience.

• Visited July 2013
Sudbury
“Great food, great place for family and friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The name of the place is so hard to remember, I only remember how to get there, i.e. that mini mall at the Derry-Financial corner near Mississauga Road. After two or three times there and trying most of the menu, I can say almost everything is great,
including some original dishes such as rib meat in crusty shells (I can't remember how they call them), which I like even if I normally don't take ribs. Being a grilled fish lover I like the
spearfish on the grill, but the mustard salmon also is a great meal. Yesterday the red pepper and tomato soup was a delight of the kind, as well as that chocolate-butterscotch cake with vanilla ice cream (three of us shared a piece). The wines sold by the glass also are fine - I had a California Cabernet Sauvignon.

Visited July 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Based on reviews we stopped at Union Social for dinner while visiting the area and were very pleased with our experience. The food was very fresh and our waiter was well informed and appropriately attentive. We opted for starters and salad versus an entrée, and the food was excellent. The only small issue was that acoustics in the restaurant made it a bit loud, but we were still able to have a conversation and the atmosphere was great.

• Visited June 2013
Kingston, ON
“Worth planning your trip around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this fabulous spot during one of our quarterly treks from SE Ontario to SW Ontario.the location, near where the WB 407 meets the 401. Creative menu, great atmosphere, and really reasonable prices. We now plan our trips around stopping here on the way through.

Soups and salads are particularly interesting and tasty!

• Visited June 2013