“Just Plain Great! (or excellent)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, NY
“Just Plain Great! (or excellent)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

From the exterior there is nothing that would particularly draw you into this small restaurant in the back of a strip mall. Once inside, you're happy you made the stop. The interior has been nicely decorated and has nice clean and crisp atmosphere..... pretty much like to food. Not too fancy, not too expensive, just great

We arrived about 7PM on a Sunday evening. The room was not busy so we had the servers pretty much to ourselves (and two other couples). I had the Curry Pad Thai; my partner opted for the green curry. Both of ours were ordered with tofu and vegetables (meat options also are offered). Both were light, nicely spiced and had a particularly clean taste. (I hate it when asian sauces get heavy and "gloppy".) We preceded this with a couple of excellent spring rolls. Tea is provided gratis.

If we weren't from out of town we would have had the left overs bagged for lunch the day. Alas we didn't have the option. Our loss!

Total bill, including taxes came in at just a smidgen under $30 CAN.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mississauga, Canada
“Delicious Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've taken friends and family to Bamboo Legend in both their locations in Oakville and Mississauga. We have never been disappointed. Every time we go, we don't have any leftovers and that just shows how delicious their food is. From time to time, I'd go by myself because I just love their food.

Thai cuisine has a lot of spices that many are not familiar with. Bamboo Legend uses these spices well, with only a hint that emphasizes the flavour of food without being overpowering. Excellent balance. Their dishes can be hot, so make sure you tell them how much heat you want (dishes are denoted with chilli sign). I always order their tom yung gong and their spicy basil pad kraw praw with seafood. The sauce, young peppercorns, veggies and shrimps in this dish are sooooooo good to the last bite! Thai food with sauce is best with steamed rice so make sure you order this as well.

If you love fish, try their spicy pla pad chu. This is only ordinary fish but the way they cook takes it to a different level.

For dessert, I always go for the mango sticky rice with coconut cream, and I always ask for more coco cream.

Next time you dare to be adventurous with cuisine and really want to experience Asian flavours, why not try Bamboo Legend? I don't think you will regret it .... in fact, the experience might open up your palate to a different spectrum of wonderful flavours.

• Visited October 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“Best Thai in Mississauga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have only been to the lakeshore location and it's very, very good. Need to go back and try the rest of the menu. They have the best Thai red curry.

• Visited June 2012
Milton, Canada
“BEST THAI FOOD EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I only eat Thai food here because no where else compares. My have dishes are Green Curry, Panang, Pad-Thai, Curry Pad Thai. I crave it all the time!!! Great price, Great Service, love the atmosphere, AMAZING FOOD what more could you ask for! :)

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“I always come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I found this place a number of years ago when I lived in Ontario. I loved the food, service, atmosphere, and value. Now I live in Texas, but whenever I come to visit family back in Canada, I always make a point to come back here. I suggest Authentic pad thai, coconut sitcky rice, and the cashew chicken dishes. So delicious, I can;t wait until next time I go back

• Visited July 2012