“Great Stay, Great Prices.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga

You added Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga to your Saves list
Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2935 Argentia Road | Highway 401 at Winston Churchill Boulevard, Exit #333, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 8G6, Canada   |
Ranked #42 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Sudbury, Ontario
“Great Stay, Great Prices.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed in this motel with my friend during Caribana weekend. The Staff was very professional and extremely friendly. I really liked that the hotel was within walking distance of different restaurants and that there were two gas stations close by as well. Perfect location as the highway exits are right there. The room was very clean. I do like that there is flooring as opposed to carpet. We stayed on the second floor in room 222. It was so quiet that you could not hear the traffic on the 401 whatsoever. Check-in for the room was delayed due to the hotel having been booked solid the previous night. The room was ready an hour after regular check-in time (somewhat understandable seeing it was Caribana weekend). I had made a special request when booking my reservation, to have a fridge in the room as we were staying for three nights. Was disappointed to not find one. We improvised by filling up our recycle box with ice and chilling our juice and water bottles. The elevator did not smell very nice and there were tons of hand prints all over the elevator door when it closed...could have benefited from a good wipe down. As well, I think it would be a better idea to have lids for the toilet seats. Aside from that, the rest of the hotel was very clean. I wish I would have asked for the name of the Housekeeping Lady we had the Sunday morning because she was absolutely wonderful !!! I would definitely stay here again. Great prices.

Room Tip: second floor away from the elevator. We stayed in room 222. Was great. Room temperature was fine...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed in this motel over and over because I love it. Not only that;s it's cheap but it's close to grocery, coffee shops and restaurants Europe which is super expensive and tight. So far of all my stays in this motel all the rooms are in good condition. I love the rooms that has fridge where I can cool off my drinks and groceries.I shall return.

Room Tip: All the sides of the hotel are quiet even the ones in the north side facing highway 401. Can't c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Katy, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel was an answer to some hotel-hopping prayers. You know what I mean! We are in Canada with no cell phone or Gps (not recommended for the addicted) and we have a service dog travelling with us. Canadian hotels do NOT have to take your dog, even though it is certified. After driving around for over an hour looking for hotels, we found this one. It is clean and new and great. We had one queen bed, fridge, internet, Tv, desk, two chairs, closet and big bathroom. No extras but all we needed. Very clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

You get what you pay for. We stayed here on the 14th of May, 2013 and could not wait to get out. When we walked into the room it felt like +30 celcius. We immediately put the AC on and it did not work because when we came back later that night after eating it was still that hot. so we opened the window and just crashed. Probably wont stay here ever again as the staff at the front desk had a bit of an attitude as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wingham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I spent 3 nights here in April 2013. The motel was very modern throughout, my room was spotless and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was convenient. I had a carefree stay at a very reasonable price and I will return soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

First, make the heat/ac available for guests to control themselves!!! When I walked into the room, the first thing I felt was this surge of heat; the thermostat had been turned up to the highest setting. Considering the temps this day were forecast to reach 11 C, and the day before was a 8C, I was a tad baffled why housekeeping wouldn't have shut it off (especially as you advertise to be an eco-hotel).

Needless to say, I was sweating 70% of the time (except at night), and felt miserable. When I called the front desk to let them know the cooling wasn't working (because there ARE individual thermostats in each room....dumb!), I was told it was centrally controlled, and the heat was set to on. I asked why they couldn't turn the temp down, and literally this was the reply...."just open your window." When I advised her I already had my window open, she then told me to ensure I shut off the thermostat. At that point I begged her for a fan, but was told there was not even one in the entire hotel!!! What hotel doesn't keep a few fans in stock in case of guest need???!!! Anyway, so I got to have my window open for the entire 24hrs; open to the 401 hwy's (only the busiest hwy in N. America!) extreme noise that made me have to turn my TV up to an ungodly volume. So much so, that someone banged on a wall/ceiling.

I found your night, front desk man extremely abrupt, condescending, rude and disheveled. Beyond that, there was nothing outstanding about ANY of your front desk staff. The other two women were average. No smiles, no enjoy your stay, no how are you today...no enjoy our watered-down coffee...nothing....nada....nicht....rien

I was also disappointed (even for your price), that there wasn't a small, inexpensive java maker in the room. These are not expensive to furnish, and have such a huge return for the guest. I would suggest you have coffee supplied 24hrs/day, and not just the mere 4 hrs in the am. Also, making it more palatable would be appreciated.... It was literally water with a splash of coffee.

Lastly, although I didn't need one, I wonder if you all have a few blow dryers on hand. Since even the most inexpensive motels have hair dryers in the rooms nowadays, I was shocked to not see one in your renovated motel.

As for what I liked. I like your decor, the variety of tv channels on a nice, large tv, the fact you can open the window, your large bath tubs, and the comfort of your beds. It's good you have a microwave available for guest use, although I would have more than one. I found the hotel and room to be extremely clean and beyond the extreme heat, comfortable. Would I stay here again??? Probably not without a discount. It's hard to give a hotel a 2nd chance when their front desk staff don't show any guest appreciation. I felt like they ran it as if I was the next passenger on the Ferris wheel. A dime a dozen....

Room Tip: ask for a room AWAY from the highway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience with us. I will address service issue with the Front office team and share your concerns with them. it is our hope you will give us another chance to serve you in future.

Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Outside of this Motel property looks very nice and inviting. When you get to the lobby, you may as well decide what the rooms are like? (nasty)

Why we stayed the night, we had no choice we were travelling from out of town, my 78 year old husband and two small grandchildren. My husband was not feeling well so we got off the highway at Winston Churchhill and Argentia Road at found the Motel 6.

The smell of Marijuana was circulating in the lobby area but we did not think much of it. When we got onto the elevator the smell was lots more, enough that we got off and decided to take the stairs. That was a bad idea, the smell of marijuana was so strong, I started to feel
very afraid for my husband and the children to be exposed to such strong smell. We started to
walk faster and faster to get to our room to avoid this unpleasant smell but worst, the smell was
on our floor and we could still smell this even our room.

The room was another unpleasant place to be, this room was dingy and nasty looking.
very nasty cork looking dirty floors, the white sheets on the bed looks like beige.
This was a sinful act for them to even charge us over $70 for that room. It was a Friday night
and we checked in at 1:40 am. It would not have made any difference If we had stayed in
a (Gas Station public washroom)

Room Tip: Stay in your cars at a gas station and wait until daylight.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience with us. Also thank for sharing with us. Our policy is to always provide clean, crisp and immaculate room to our guests. I assured you that this was an isolated incident and is completely unacceptable and not up to our standard. I will personally address these issues with whole team. Once again please accept my apology

Been to Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga? Share your experiences!