“FD Staff-some rude, and others were simply flat affect. Very clean, but room was like a sauna” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga to your Saves list
Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2935 Argentia Road | Highway 401 at Winston Churchill Boulevard, Exit #333, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 8G6, Canada   |
Ranked #38 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Georgetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

First, make the heat/ac available for guests to control themselves!!! When I walked into the room, the first thing I felt was this surge of heat; the thermostat had been turned up to the highest setting. Considering the temps this day were forecast to reach 11 C, and the day before was a 8C, I was a tad baffled why housekeeping wouldn't have shut it off (especially as you advertise to be an eco-hotel).

Needless to say, I was sweating 70% of the time (except at night), and felt miserable. When I called the front desk to let them know the cooling wasn't working (because there ARE individual thermostats in each room....dumb!), I was told it was centrally controlled, and the heat was set to on. I asked why they couldn't turn the temp down, and literally this was the reply...."just open your window." When I advised her I already had my window open, she then told me to ensure I shut off the thermostat. At that point I begged her for a fan, but was told there was not even one in the entire hotel!!! What hotel doesn't keep a few fans in stock in case of guest need???!!! Anyway, so I got to have my window open for the entire 24hrs; open to the 401 hwy's (only the busiest hwy in N. America!) extreme noise that made me have to turn my TV up to an ungodly volume. So much so, that someone banged on a wall/ceiling.

I found your night, front desk man extremely abrupt, condescending, rude and disheveled. Beyond that, there was nothing outstanding about ANY of your front desk staff. The other two women were average. No smiles, no enjoy your stay, no how are you today...no enjoy our watered-down coffee...nothing....nada....nicht....rien

I was also disappointed (even for your price), that there wasn't a small, inexpensive java maker in the room. These are not expensive to furnish, and have such a huge return for the guest. I would suggest you have coffee supplied 24hrs/day, and not just the mere 4 hrs in the am. Also, making it more palatable would be appreciated.... It was literally water with a splash of coffee.

Lastly, although I didn't need one, I wonder if you all have a few blow dryers on hand. Since even the most inexpensive motels have hair dryers in the rooms nowadays, I was shocked to not see one in your renovated motel.

As for what I liked. I like your decor, the variety of tv channels on a nice, large tv, the fact you can open the window, your large bath tubs, and the comfort of your beds. It's good you have a microwave available for guest use, although I would have more than one. I found the hotel and room to be extremely clean and beyond the extreme heat, comfortable. Would I stay here again??? Probably not without a discount. It's hard to give a hotel a 2nd chance when their front desk staff don't show any guest appreciation. I felt like they ran it as if I was the next passenger on the Ferris wheel. A dime a dozen....

Room Tip: ask for a room AWAY from the highway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience with us. I will address service issue with the Front office team and share your concerns with them. it is our hope you will give us another chance to serve you in future.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Waterloo, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Outside of this Motel property looks very nice and inviting. When you get to the lobby, you may as well decide what the rooms are like? (nasty)

Why we stayed the night, we had no choice we were travelling from out of town, my 78 year old husband and two small grandchildren. My husband was not feeling well so we got off the highway at Winston Churchhill and Argentia Road at found the Motel 6.

The smell of Marijuana was circulating in the lobby area but we did not think much of it. When we got onto the elevator the smell was lots more, enough that we got off and decided to take the stairs. That was a bad idea, the smell of marijuana was so strong, I started to feel
very afraid for my husband and the children to be exposed to such strong smell. We started to
walk faster and faster to get to our room to avoid this unpleasant smell but worst, the smell was
on our floor and we could still smell this even our room.

The room was another unpleasant place to be, this room was dingy and nasty looking.
very nasty cork looking dirty floors, the white sheets on the bed looks like beige.
This was a sinful act for them to even charge us over $70 for that room. It was a Friday night
and we checked in at 1:40 am. It would not have made any difference If we had stayed in
a (Gas Station public washroom)

Room Tip: Stay in your cars at a gas station and wait until daylight.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience with us. Also thank for sharing with us. Our policy is to always provide clean, crisp and immaculate room to our guests. I assured you that this was an isolated incident and is completely unacceptable and not up to our standard. I will personally address these issues with whole team. Once again please accept my apology
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Worst experience at any hotel. The manager and employees were rude and emitted judgemental demeanors. They disrespected honest people for no reason and at false pretenses. They tried to acuse one individual for causing trouble at the hotel before when this person has never been there ever. When the issue was addressed, the manager had no response but said to talk at a later time. Furthermore, the employees, especially the front clerk, were very unprofessional, pompous and unhelpful.

• Stayed February 2013
Brockville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Friendly staff - very clean - updated rooms - nice laundry room facilities - pets and smoking allowed - flat screen tv with lots of channels - close to some great amentities within walking distance (Timmies, Moxies, Grocery Store etc)
Down side (however for the price understandable) no pool, room microwave or fridge, ask for more pillows they are flat lol

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your comments, hope to see you back soon!!!
Monster, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is pretty good, certainly looking at the prices. Rooms are pretty nice and clean and have a nice bathroom. Staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is close to the highway and there is a lot of choice of restaurants in the area.

Only downside to the hotel is that it is somewhat noisy. It is close to the highway and you can hear traffic passing by. Furthermore the walls are quite thin, so you can hear easily your neighbours. Don't think about opening a window because the traffic noise will become even more present.

Outside of that it is certainly a good choice and given the price, one could overcome probably easy this downside....

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the reception, the rooms with higher numbers are closer to the highway and n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted that we are able to provide you a comfortable stay at Motel 6 Mississauga. I will share your comments with entre team, Once again thank you for choosing Motel 6 Mississauga.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

It was our first experience in such a budget motel, due to it's closeness to my 88 year old mom at Christmas time. The facility is a cute, no frills motel, however one thing ruined my stay; the mattress was absolutely finished on one side.

Since the rooms are compact and only have a night table on one side, which is the side nearest the bathroom, that is the side most solo guests choose. The result is a mattress which is only slightly used on the window side of the room, but completely worn out on the busy side.

My back was killing me every morning! The staff should flip the mattresses regularly, and when worn out, they should be replaced. If not for the completely finished mattress, I would have given this budget motel a decent rating. Buyer beware - check your mattress the minute you check in!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for the condition of the mattress in that specific room. I assure you at Motel 6 we make sure the comfort of our guests is our first priority. I will share your feedback with our housekeeping team and address your concerns. Once again thank you for sharing with us.
Ravi-Ponnudurai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Booked a room, got there and they didn't have the room I booked. No carpet in the rooms instead it's cheap laminate flooring. The TV was mounted ti high on the wall and uncomfortable to view. Cheap motel but that's it.

• Stayed September 2012
Ravi P, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback. Our objective is to provide each guest with clean, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, However, we just completed major renovation of our property and our room décor reflects with what majority of our guest’s desire with budgeted nationwide Motel chain. Thank you for sharing your concern.
General manager
Motel 6 Mississauga

Been to Motel 6 Toronto Mississauga? Share your experiences!