“Fun place with good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Northampton, MA
“Fun place with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We picked the Wild Goose because it was within walking distance of our hotel. It is a very large, sports-bar-like place with an appealing atmosphere. As this is an office-park type area, I presume the restaurant is crowded on weekdays, or during games, but on a Saturday night early, we were one of few couples.

Food was good, wine wasn't Canadian, but it was good. Waitress was excellent and fun to chat with. We'd go back if we were in the area again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

texas
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The food was the worst restaurant food I have had in a long time.I had grilled fish, baked potato, mixed veggies and a side salad. The fish tasted like it had come from a box, and the salad dressing was terrible, as was the tartar sauce.The veggies and baked potato were o.k., but it is hard to mess up those. My spouse had stir fry, which was not as bad as my dinner. The side salads were $7.50 each, which is ridiculous.There was no price listed for these, so we should have known to ask before ordering. The two meals ended up costing over $60,including the tip.That would not have been bad, except the food was terrible. The only good thing was the service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great place for family groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We were a group of 5, it was a 25th anniversary celebration for our daughter and husband. We came and the 3 "children" ages 22, 19 & 14.
We were seated immediately by a friendly server and she put 2 tables together for us. First she took our beverage orders and then our food orders. It all came in good time.
The food was more plentiful than we expected but with young adults and teenagers, it was no problem. Cost for the group was very reasonable. As it was supper, we did not eat at the patio but inside.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Good food, good patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My office is a two minute drive from the Wild Goose; colleagues and I lunch there about twice a month during the summer, less often during the winter. The Wild Goose is our restaurant of choice for lunch.
The patio is excellent: large, removed from traffic (a glass wall separates the patio from the fumes from the parking lot which runs along one side) and with plenty of tables, some with umbrellas, some without.
I always have the Mediterranean wrap, which is chicken souvlaki with all the trimmings; it comes with your choice of salads, including Greek. The chicken is always moist and flavourful and portions are ample without leaving you feeling that you are paying for more food than you want. I often start with a soup, which has never disappointed. Six of us often have lunch together and I have never heard a negative comment about the quality of the food.
Service is always friendly and, at lunch, relatively quick.
BE WARNED: soft drink refills are NOT free (and they do not tell you this: I learned the expensive way). Otherwise, prices are the same as, or only slightly higher than, the price at other pubs, but the quality of food leaves my colleagues and me feeling that the prices are reasonable.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Good spot for after work drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Good spot to grab a few pints and bites after work with buddies. Not too loud and crammed like the other bars in the area.

Visited April 2011