“What,a Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale

You added Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7015 Century Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 7K2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto, Canada
“What,a Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Over the years I have really come to like the Marriott Hotel brand; however, at this Marriott hotel it was a was let down. The front desk staff were unhelpful and rather rude when asked if breakfast was included in the room rate. The room in itself self was fine, but the pillows were lumpy and we found the heating system too loud every time it turned itself on we woke up . In fact due to the temperature gage we had a poor nights sleep. If I had been staying an additional night I would have asked for a room change. If you want any additional supplies like a shower cap you have to go the front desk to ask for one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Michael M,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am truly sorry that you found our associates unhelpful and insincere. We train our associates to provide sincere hospitality at all times - we clearly missed the mark on this occasion. Additionally, I apologize for the loud heating unit that interrupted your sleep. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement. We hope to have the opportunity to provide a better experience should your travels bring you back to Mississauga.

David Hopper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gerrardstown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love this hotel for my travel in the area. Immaculately clean. No free breakfast but the rooms are large and beds are comfortable. Never a bad room here. Try the oatmeal at the cafe it is fantastic. The staff is very friendly. Not much very close by except businesses but if you have to travel in this area it is one of the best hotels here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lisa G,

It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our clean and comfortable rooms, but more importantly our staff. Our associates strive to provide exceptional guest experiences; I will be sure to share your kind feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

It took some time to locate this property. Although it is next to the tollway, there is no exit near. The room was rather small with a vanity and seperate odd shaped bathroom. The furnishings were acceptable and the bed was comfortable. With the exception of the lobby which is open and modern, the rest of this Marriott appears to be dated and time for a room update.
Front desk staff were very helpful and even provided typed directions to nearby services.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Dear

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you found our beds comfortable and our staff friendly. Along with providing us with areas of opportunity, your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates who work hard to provide a pleasant stay. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel.

Englewood, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I booked 2 rooms…one for me & my wife and the second for my two sons and daughter. After a 9-hour drive from our New Jersey home, we finally reached the hotel. Felix, the front desk clerk was very pleasant and certainly a nice sight after a tedious trip. The rooms are clean and good size…with amenities I expect from Marriot. However, everything turned sour the following morning. At 7 am, all my families were still in bed, I decided to pick up the coffee and have the rest of the breakfast later(when my family wakes up). To my surprise…and I want everyone to be aware of the “fine prints” that are not shown in any booking information I received:
1) “Breakfast” is limited to 2 per room. I booked 3 people in one room so what happens to the third person? Yes…no meal …you pay. This was not clear nor explained in the booking info.
2) When taking breakfast, everyone must be physically present otherwise they cross off the room number and the other meal is forfeited. This also means that regardless if one of you wants to sleep in and the other wants to have early breakfast, unless you’re ok with losing the second meal you have to be physically present in the breakfast lounge at same time.
3) I was used to staying at Residence Inn (by Marriot) so I was under the impression that Courtyard’s rules would not be far fetched from them. The woman at the breakfast counter rudely made me realize otherwise by saying “ Well, this is not Residence Inn!”. This happened at 7am…disappointments and rude attitude so early in the morning (or any time of the day for that matter) is a nightmare.
When all these were happening, Felix at the front desk happened to be on duty again. He saved my day and apologized for the “miscommunication”. Apology accepted except for that rude attitude from the woman at the breakfast counter.
Two stars for this hotel...one for Felix and the other for the nice room.

Room Tip: If your rooms comes with breakfast and you booked more that 2 people in that room...there is a 2 fre...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dear cezar756,

Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for our poor communication regarding breakfast and the frustration it caused. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Thank you for noting Felix's kind service and your comfortable accommodations. Your feedback provides us with the valuable information we need to improve the guest experience. For that reason, we hope to see you again soon.

Galloway, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel thinking that because it was 18 miles from Toronto that it was only a short drive and i would save on the more expensive hotels in downtown Toronto that i would be visiting for 2 days for my girlfriends birthday. The hotel lobby is very open and thats where food is served. I had a king room for $80. The room was small compared to other King rooms i have stayed in the mariott chain. We also had a sofa bed, but if we let it out if felt even more cramped. The bed was the absolute worse. It was a hard old spring bed. I didnt even think mid grade hotels even used these beds, i wouldve expected this quality of bed at the Days Inn or Super 8. The bed was just awful. The only reason i gave this hotel a good review is because the breakfast deal is awesome and the food was good. You get eggs, toast, bacon sausage and a juice. Considering how high things are in Toronto, this was a steal not to have to pay for a meal. There were lots of families at this hotel and i see why. The rates are very very affordable. With Toronto traffic i would not stay here again because i spent an hour getting to Toronto on a friday night. Next time ill just spend more to stay in city and not have to drive and pay for parking all over toronto.

Room Tip: Use the stay for breakfast AAA rate or any rate that includes breakfast
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Amazon_Chocolate,

Your feedback assists us in our mission to continuously improve our offerings and guest satisfaction, so we thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. I’m happy to hear of the value you experienced while staying with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding the sofa-bed; I have taken note. On behalf of our entire team, I thank you for choosing us. Please visit again soon.

Halifax, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

When I arrived at this hotel the lobby area was completely engulfed with kids there for a hockey tournament. Incredibly enough, their parents were sitting right in the lobby getting boozed up while their kids not only ran around the lobby, but ran around the hotel. I informed the front desk that these kids were on every floor, htting alarms in the elevators, pushing all the elevator buttons, leaving debris and trash in the hallways and yet they cose to do absolutely nothing. To add insult to injury my wife were there for a quiet place to stay on our one vacation of the year--had ordered a hot tub room and all this crap was going on while the staff did nothing. My room had no ice bucket, no coffee, nothing--all of which i had to go down to the front desk to get. My suggestion, if you want to pay an exorbitant price- not sleep- wait 20 mins to ride the elevator to your room and deal with untrained staff--BOOK A ROOM HERE!! If your looking for peace and quiet, well trained staff, and a good hotel---go elesewhere. And by the way--I am a marriot rewards member.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Dear angel o,

I was terribly sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. Most importantly, I offer my sincere apologies for the noise pollution and chaos you experience due to a large group in-house; please forgive us. We take pride in providing a comfortable stay and we clearly fell short of that goal. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

I booked this room per pricing using the Marriott App and we had a very good service. I asked on the front desk for the house keeper to set up the couch and they did it right away. Very good bed.
Good to have the paper every day, not so good when they knock the door too early. Be aware the restaurant is open until 10AM so be adviced.

WIFI is complementary and works very good for Skype and Netflix. lovely pool and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Please ask for odd number room. those re in front of the highway and could be loud sometimes
Green Features: friendly staff, nice lobby area to work or gather people.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Dear Danilovolador,

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! I’m thrilled to know your stay was pleasant and we appreciate you choosing us. I have noted your comments regarding early housekeeping. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team as they work hard to make our guests feel at home.

David Hopper

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Mississauga/Meadowvale? Share your experiences!