“Few bumps, but they made up for it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2565 Argentia Road, Mississauga, Ontario L5N5V4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 57 hotels in Mississauga
Regina, Canada
“Few bumps, but they made up for it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

First off, let me say that we did not pay regular rates as we were apart of a special event party.
I stayed here for 4 days last week and it was pretty good. The girls at the front ( Nicole & Uniqueka) were always pleasant to deal with and smiling. Lots of service and towels present if you ask. The few bumps were that the door wouldnt read our card and the TV volume wouldnt work constantly but that could have happened to anyone in my eyes (they fixed promptly). Either way, I would return and recommend. All the rooms are very modern and the AC pumps cold air. Downside: No continental b'fast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spend the last weekend of April with better half, as a layover relaxing time, in this fine small cozy hotel. We booked online, the check in was quick with a smile. The lobby is undergoing a non-obstructive makeover, but it was clean and very inviting. Our suite was nice and clean with all accessories. The view of the city in the night from the suite was very beautiful and romantic.
King bed and suite sofa were very comfortable, bed sheets very crisp and clean.
The room service from Motivity restaurant was quick, both breakfast and dinner were tasty and plentiful for two. We went out in the morning and when came back, suite was made over and clean.
It is a small cozy comfortable hotel with a very nice friendly service, for a weekend stay over or a break journey stop over.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Osnabruck, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed for two nights at this hotel. The rooms a newly renovated and very nice. The renovation of the lobby will be soon over, and then I believe the hotel will be perfect.
Until then the breakfast wasn't really impressive for the price (just in a former ballroom), but I see the potential. I agree with former reviews, the starts are the people (staff). Extremely helpful and friendly; just great.
In regards to the rooms, i would recommend to take a room which is not facing the highway. It was not very noisy, but it was to much for me so i needed ear plugs (luckily provided by the hotel).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

There were four people in front of me when I checked in and only one person working the desk, a second person finally arrived after about a 7 minute wait (the first-in-line was still not checked-in). The lobby is in the midst of renovations and it looks like they have a long way to go.

Finally my turn, I was recognized as a Priority Club Platinum member and upgraded to a suite, given bottled water, a small box of Lindors chocolate, a free bar drink coupon, and a coupon for 10% off at the restaurant (which I didn't get).

The room (407) was newly redecorated, clean, nice furnishings, fridge, microwave, and quite well laid out. Unusual wallpaper though, grey imitation leather stitched into squares, I have never seen anything like it before. The bathroom had also been remodeled and quite nice, however, the new toilet must have been longer that the old one, it stuck out so far from the back wall that the door would not open past it. It looks like they used a reciprocating saw to cut a notch in the door so it would open all the way, even doing this was not enough, the door still rubbed against the toilet when opened. They tried to slap a coat of paint where the cut was but it didn’t cover all the bare wood. I would have thought that with all the expense the hotel is going through the designer and/or contractor would come up with a better solution. Also, the emergency exit sign was for room 419 not 407, how many others are in the wrong room.

The restaurant is now housed in a meeting room, very stark and boring with a TV at one end, no imagination at all; plants, pictures, anything would help. However for dinner the food and service were very good, steak was cooked as ordered (blue), pork was juicy, hamburger huge and fresh, and all side dishes very good. The breakfast buffet was unexceptional, scrambled eggs were dry, potato patty undercooked, it was not as good as a Holiday Inn Express FREE breakfast.

The pool was small but enough for a swim and the hot tub was very nice. I did not use the exercise room but it did not look like there was a lot there, but adequate though.

The stars of the hotel are the people, everyone I met in the 3 days were very friendly and helpful. I’m sure that once the renovations are completed customers will have a much better experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thunder Bay, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nice, clean and updated hotel. Friendly staff and no complaints. Free on site parking is nice for when family stopped in to visit. Not to far from shopping. Used shuttle to Go Bus Station with no issues. Would have been nice to have complimentary breakfast but definately not a deal breaker.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed two nights for work. Not too many frills here. Front desk was fine, free parking, on site dining, and excellent updated rooms with comfy beds and modern decor. I would stay here again for work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Silverain54,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to place a review regarding your visit.

We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we have to offer. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a pleasant one.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a very bad experience here in November 2012. I booked two nights to recharge my batteries over a weekend (Fri and Sat night). It allowed me to work and relax and have no distractions.

The first night was great, the beds were comfortable and i woke up rejuvenated.

The second night a party took place in the room beside mine - I believe it was a young student group on their travels, there was about 20 of them in the room. I called down to asked to be moved and there were no rooms available (must have been a busy night). I then packed my bags and went down stairs to ask for a credit as I couldn't sleep. The front desk staff said there was NOTHING they could do. I couldn't believe it. They said the police were on the way, but it was 11:00pm and I was ready for bed.

I begged for a credit or refund and they stil insisted there was nothing they could do. IHG group of hotels lost me as a customer forever. I will never stay at any IHG affiliated hotel in the future. It was only $89 bucks for the night, but it cost them thousands over my lifetime.

I packed up and headed down the street to the Delta, which was the best move I made. Cost me $230 bucks by the end of it, (loss of the $89 and the cost to buy last minute at the Delta).

I would NOT recommend to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.