“The stars of this hotel are the people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2565 Argentia Road, Mississauga, Ontario L5N5V4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #18 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Vancouver, Canada
“The stars of this hotel are the people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

There were four people in front of me when I checked in and only one person working the desk, a second person finally arrived after about a 7 minute wait (the first-in-line was still not checked-in). The lobby is in the midst of renovations and it looks like they have a long way to go.

Finally my turn, I was recognized as a Priority Club Platinum member and upgraded to a suite, given bottled water, a small box of Lindors chocolate, a free bar drink coupon, and a coupon for 10% off at the restaurant (which I didn't get).

The room (407) was newly redecorated, clean, nice furnishings, fridge, microwave, and quite well laid out. Unusual wallpaper though, grey imitation leather stitched into squares, I have never seen anything like it before. The bathroom had also been remodeled and quite nice, however, the new toilet must have been longer that the old one, it stuck out so far from the back wall that the door would not open past it. It looks like they used a reciprocating saw to cut a notch in the door so it would open all the way, even doing this was not enough, the door still rubbed against the toilet when opened. They tried to slap a coat of paint where the cut was but it didn’t cover all the bare wood. I would have thought that with all the expense the hotel is going through the designer and/or contractor would come up with a better solution. Also, the emergency exit sign was for room 419 not 407, how many others are in the wrong room.

The restaurant is now housed in a meeting room, very stark and boring with a TV at one end, no imagination at all; plants, pictures, anything would help. However for dinner the food and service were very good, steak was cooked as ordered (blue), pork was juicy, hamburger huge and fresh, and all side dishes very good. The breakfast buffet was unexceptional, scrambled eggs were dry, potato patty undercooked, it was not as good as a Holiday Inn Express FREE breakfast.

The pool was small but enough for a swim and the hot tub was very nice. I did not use the exercise room but it did not look like there was a lot there, but adequate though.

The stars of the hotel are the people, everyone I met in the 3 days were very friendly and helpful. I’m sure that once the renovations are completed customers will have a much better experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Thunder Bay, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nice, clean and updated hotel. Friendly staff and no complaints. Free on site parking is nice for when family stopped in to visit. Not to far from shopping. Used shuttle to Go Bus Station with no issues. Would have been nice to have complimentary breakfast but definately not a deal breaker.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed two nights for work. Not too many frills here. Front desk was fine, free parking, on site dining, and excellent updated rooms with comfy beds and modern decor. I would stay here again for work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Silverain54,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to place a review regarding your visit.

We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we have to offer. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a pleasant one.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a very bad experience here in November 2012. I booked two nights to recharge my batteries over a weekend (Fri and Sat night). It allowed me to work and relax and have no distractions.

The first night was great, the beds were comfortable and i woke up rejuvenated.

The second night a party took place in the room beside mine - I believe it was a young student group on their travels, there was about 20 of them in the room. I called down to asked to be moved and there were no rooms available (must have been a busy night). I then packed my bags and went down stairs to ask for a credit as I couldn't sleep. The front desk staff said there was NOTHING they could do. I couldn't believe it. They said the police were on the way, but it was 11:00pm and I was ready for bed.

I begged for a credit or refund and they stil insisted there was nothing they could do. IHG group of hotels lost me as a customer forever. I will never stay at any IHG affiliated hotel in the future. It was only $89 bucks for the night, but it cost them thousands over my lifetime.

I packed up and headed down the street to the Delta, which was the best move I made. Cost me $230 bucks by the end of it, (loss of the $89 and the cost to buy last minute at the Delta).

I would NOT recommend to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear BradleMa,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide superior services. For this reason, your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just stayed at the hotel this past week. Walked into a totally blank front reception area as the hotel is currently being updated. The restaurant was also under construction and they have made a room on the second floor and hallway the current option as a temporary restaurant. While this remodel is going to take around three more months the actual hotel room was already remodeled and very pleasant. It has been updated with a nice desk with multiple outlets for charging up devices. The bed was very comfortable and they gave options for pillows-hard and soft. Coffee maker in room along with a nice sitting chair for relaxing.
The bathroom did supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion and had a hair dryer that worked and was newer. The shower itself was nice and hot water was not an issue.
If you can look past the current remodeling going on, it's very nice. If you don't want noise during the day while they work then move onto another hotel or ask if they have finished.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was in Toronto on a course for a few days and this hotel was just up the street from the training centre. All in all the hotel was fine. The room was a good size, the bed was comfy and it was like any other holiday inn I've stayed at. On the down side the fitness centre was a tiny little cubicle and the pool/whirlpool area was closed for virtually our entire stay. I would ask the desk staff daily if the pool would open soon and they kept reassuring me that it would happen any day now. On our last night the pool/whirlpool reopened but the pool temperature was freezing and the hot tub was tepid. Neither were inviting! On the good side, there's a goodlife gym down the street and all hotel guests have access to the gym there for free. One of my fellow travellers said that they'd stayed at the hotel many times and every time the pool had been closed. He quipped "I think they've just given up on the amenities here!" I never made it over to the gym down the street because I was too busy with work so I can't comment on how good or bad that was. In terms of transportation you pretty much need a car if you want to experience anything in town. Mind you, there's a bus/gotrain option too that'll get you to town in about a half hour if that works for you. I was happy to have a rent-a-car to get around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last September. This was just an average hotel. My biggest complaint was the room smelled like cleaned up vomit. Not sure what that was about.
The bar/restaurant was OK. It seemed to be manned by one woman, so service was average on busy nights. Food was just OK for the price.
Convenient off the freeway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga? Share your experiences!