There were four people in front of me when I checked in and only one person working the desk, a second person finally arrived after about a 7 minute wait (the first-in-line was still not checked-in). The lobby is in the midst of renovations and it looks like they have a long way to go.
Finally my turn, I was recognized as a Priority Club Platinum member and upgraded to a suite, given bottled water, a small box of Lindors chocolate, a free bar drink coupon, and a coupon for 10% off at the restaurant (which I didn't get).
The room (407) was newly redecorated, clean, nice furnishings, fridge, microwave, and quite well laid out. Unusual wallpaper though, grey imitation leather stitched into squares, I have never seen anything like it before. The bathroom had also been remodeled and quite nice, however, the new toilet must have been longer that the old one, it stuck out so far from the back wall that the door would not open past it. It looks like they used a reciprocating saw to cut a notch in the door so it would open all the way, even doing this was not enough, the door still rubbed against the toilet when opened. They tried to slap a coat of paint where the cut was but it didn’t cover all the bare wood. I would have thought that with all the expense the hotel is going through the designer and/or contractor would come up with a better solution. Also, the emergency exit sign was for room 419 not 407, how many others are in the wrong room.
The restaurant is now housed in a meeting room, very stark and boring with a TV at one end, no imagination at all; plants, pictures, anything would help. However for dinner the food and service were very good, steak was cooked as ordered (blue), pork was juicy, hamburger huge and fresh, and all side dishes very good. The breakfast buffet was unexceptional, scrambled eggs were dry, potato patty undercooked, it was not as good as a Holiday Inn Express FREE breakfast.
The pool was small but enough for a swim and the hot tub was very nice. I did not use the exercise room but it did not look like there was a lot there, but adequate though.
The stars of the hotel are the people, everyone I met in the 3 days were very friendly and helpful. I’m sure that once the renovations are completed customers will have a much better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hotel's Location in Mississauga, Ontario is the BestLocated in the heart of the Mississauga Business District, and just off Hwy 401, the Holiday Inn Select Hotel Mississauga offers an ideal location and elegant hospitality. Leisure and corporate guests know we're the perfect choice for a stay in the Greater Toronto area.Our hotel's location in Mississauga, Ontario is convenient for business guests because we're close to Siemens, Dupont, Biovail, Microsoft and Loblaws. We have more than 4,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and four rooms that can seat 140 guests. Catering, Internet access and A/V equipment are available. We also offer a shuttle service, with advance reservations, to Toronto's Pearson Airport 12 km away.Leisure guests enjoy the warm elegance of our Mississauga, Ontario hotel. Our friendly staff can help with directions to local attractions like Square One, the Living Arts Centre, CN Tower and the attractions in downtown Toronto, just 25 minutes away from our Mississauga hotel.As one of the best hotels near Toronto, our accommodations offer deluxe amenities that include an excellent full-service restaurant & lounge, an indoor pool and whirlpool, and a well-equipped Fitness Centre. Naturally there is free high-speed Internet access and a 32-inch LCD TV in each room. Whether Mississauga or Toronto is your destination, discover how refreshing business travel can be when you choose the Holiday Inn Select Hotel Mississauga. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Mississauga
- Holiday Inn Mississauga
- Mississauga Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga Ontario