“Room was fine...shame the pool and whirlpool weren't operating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2565 Argentia Road, Mississauga, Ontario L5N5V4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Mississauga
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Room was fine...shame the pool and whirlpool weren't operating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was in Toronto on a course for a few days and this hotel was just up the street from the training centre. All in all the hotel was fine. The room was a good size, the bed was comfy and it was like any other holiday inn I've stayed at. On the down side the fitness centre was a tiny little cubicle and the pool/whirlpool area was closed for virtually our entire stay. I would ask the desk staff daily if the pool would open soon and they kept reassuring me that it would happen any day now. On our last night the pool/whirlpool reopened but the pool temperature was freezing and the hot tub was tepid. Neither were inviting! On the good side, there's a goodlife gym down the street and all hotel guests have access to the gym there for free. One of my fellow travellers said that they'd stayed at the hotel many times and every time the pool had been closed. He quipped "I think they've just given up on the amenities here!" I never made it over to the gym down the street because I was too busy with work so I can't comment on how good or bad that was. In terms of transportation you pretty much need a car if you want to experience anything in town. Mind you, there's a bus/gotrain option too that'll get you to town in about a half hour if that works for you. I was happy to have a rent-a-car to get around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last September. This was just an average hotel. My biggest complaint was the room smelled like cleaned up vomit. Not sure what that was about.
The bar/restaurant was OK. It seemed to be manned by one woman, so service was average on busy nights. Food was just OK for the price.
Convenient off the freeway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have stayed at this location a few times - for travel from Pearson International Airport, for a wedding, and just for pleasure. Rooms are clean, service has been good, and the location just off the 401 can't be beat.
I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Not a hotel thing, but we had very bad experiences with the taxi cab services around Mississauga. W...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for a night, and it's a lovely hotel, but there are a few issues.

Was upgraded to a suite (711) due to my Priority Club Platinum status. I was also given a small box of Lindors, and a coupon for a free drink and another for 10% off at the restaurant, and also a can of pop from the fridge in the sundry shop (as they were out of bottled water). The suite was clean and well decorated.

I also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Front desk service was also very good.

However, now for the issues.

There was a leak somewhere - likely in the room above mine. When I checked in, I heard water dripping onto the top of the shower inside the wall. I thought of simply mentioning this when I checked out, but in the morning part of my floor was soaking wet. I mentioned it and someone from maintenance was sent up immediately. I was given a free breakfast.

Now, thats the next issue. While the restaurant was perfectly adequate for dinner, it was a disorganized chaos for breakfast. The one server appeared to be overworked and a little forgetful.

The elevators have also probably seen better days. They were quick but were shaky.

Overall, I'd probably return, but as you can see I think there are a few minor issues they could work on.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn on Labour Day long weekend for a dear friend's wedding and have nothing but great things to say about our experience.
The front desk staff were inundated with calls from myself & other wedding guests for early check-ins (starting at 10AM) but were never rude, irritated or anything but kind & accommodating to us (yes, we knew we were being annoying!). The front desk staff suggested an inexpensive room upgrade to allow us into the first clean suite and ensured we were taken care of when the groomsmen used our suite to get ready in. The room itself was spacious, clean, modern and chic. Even the smaller rooms other friends were staying in were great.

Only complaint... we didn't have near enough time in the room to enjoy it to the fullest! Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our suite on the 4th floor with a King bed, sitting area, large double-sink bathroom and small kitch...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

No matter when I arrive, or what I need, the staff are welcoming and accomodating to my requests. Clean, comfortable and relaxing environment. This hotel employs the friendliest people. I love coming back to the this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The **convenience** of this Holiday Inn is what makes it my go-to hotel for the weekends my husband and I spend in the GTA. When we visit the GTA, we do a lot of exploring around Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto itself, and even the eastern/northeastern Toronto 'burbs (e.g. Scarborough, Markham). This hotel is in a great location that provides us easy access to all the places we want to go--it's so close to the central parts of Mississauga & Brampton, but also a very easy drive to Toronto, Scarborough, Markham, etc., without the additional cost & traffic of being located in Toronto proper. If you have a car, it's so much easier to stay here than somewhere in Toronto proper.

Other positives:
+ easy on/off Highway 401
+ very close to other major highways (410, 403, etc.)
+ close to Toronto Pearson Airport, also offers shuttle (not free)
+ VERY spacious and CLEAN rooms with modern amenities, no weird smells
+ super-comfy memory foam beds
+ great for business travelers because of easy access to downtown Mississauga or downtown Brampton
+ so close to the amazing worldwide cuisine choices of Brampton & Mississauga!
+ free newspapers to every room each morning

Some negatives:
- no restaurants within walking distance, except for the [overpriced] in-hotel restaurant (you really need a car if you're traveling for pleasure; business travelers can probably just expense the hotel restaurant)
- related to the above issue, breakfast is not included, so the car-less folks may be stuck with the hotel restaurant
- as with all Holiday Inns, if you are a member of their Priority Club, be careful where you make your reservation: reservations made on 3rd party websites frequently DO NOT earn Priority Club points!
- treadmill is on its last legs

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga? Share your experiences!