The Hilton Garden Inn Mississauga is pretty much like every other Garden Inn we have stayed in. The buildings all seem to be identical on the outside with almost identical interiors and layout. The Mississauga hotel has its good and bad points.
Good: rooms were spotlessly clean, location is great for getting into downtown Toronto, great outlet shopping 5 minutes away in Heartland Town Centre, front desk employee who I think was called Melanie (?) forgive me if I am wrong, went out of her way to help me contact Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park.
Bad: we arrived 45 mins before official check-in time (3pm) and were told we would have to wait for rooms to be available. As we sat waiting, two other groups of guests arrived and were assigned rooms immediately. We finally got our room keys just before 4pm! The beds (small doubles and not queen beds) were extremely uncomfortable and we never located the switch that supposedly adjusts the firmness of the mattress - it just wasn't there. I also wonder why the Hilton Garden Inn never provides a sofa bed for children to sleep on? There was plenty of room to do so, in fact there was enough room for a third double bed! Our son had to share with us and it wasn't that comfortable to do so in such a small bed!
The laundry room costs double what is costs in the US Hilton Garden Inn's and the machine is smaller so three loads ended up costing $14 Canadian to wash and dry.
Breakfast is almost $13 per head and it is very hard to find a deal that includes breakfast at the Hilton!
On our third night we were literally knocked out of bed by the most horrendous noise. The fire alarm went off and at 2am we had to make an emergency evacuation out into the car park. The fire service arrived and at around 2.30 the hotel was given the all clear and we all filed back in but getting back to sleep was particularly hard with all the adrenalin going through us.
On our first night there my daughter accidentally ordered an in house movie ($16) and went straight down to the front desk to ask them to cancel the request. The front desk assured her the request hadn't gone through and no movie was shown. At check-out we were charged ($18) for an in-house movie!
All in all I don't want to mark the hotel down as really it is a pretty bog standard Hilton Garden Inn, it just wasn't our best stay at one this time!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga Hotel Mississauga
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Mississauga
- Hilton Mississauga
- Mississauga Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised we are currently undergoing lobby renovations. Scheduled completion is December 21 2013. All services still available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.