“Consistent Quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2085 North Sheridan Way, Mississauga, Ontario L5K 2T2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #14 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
London, Canada
“Consistent Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed here on multiple occassions for business. It is always clean and the staff is accommodating. I feel very comfortable here. There are not a lot of restaurant choices around, so having breakfast included is convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Debbie G, Manager at Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
On behalf of the Hampton Inn by Hilton-Toronto Mississauga, we would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the Hilton Honor survey. It is our utmost priority to ensure we not only satisfy, but exceed your expectations. We are continually reviewing feedback from guests such as yourself in order to not only make the necessary improvements, but to build on the positive feedback as well!

We value your business, and are very pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay! It is our goal to always make it great, and “Make it Hampton!” one guest at a time. Thank you again for your positive feedback, it’s always a pleasure to hear from our guests!

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Stow - OHIO, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I do appreciate your staff and the way you treat your guests. We feel like we are at home with the friendliness and the cleanliness of the room and the nice beds. The staff is well trained and they go out of their way to make you happy. No wonder I always use the Hilton. A Great Thank you - Albert Chaoui

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

New York City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Generous sized room with a decent price and breakfast. The hotel was far away from the airport though and wifi was slow and stopped working alot. The lobby was nice and the staff was very kind and helpful. It was a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel while on the Toronto stop of my quest to see a baseball game at all thirty major league baseball stadiums. I was very pleased with the hotel property, the cost differential versus a central Toronto hotel, the location of the hotel, and given I was willing to walk a bit, the ease of access into central Toronto via GO Transit trains.

The hotel room itself was very nice, well laid out, clean and bright / airy. The room was typical of Hampton Inn rooms, and had plenty of room to work / adequate numbers of outlets to recharge devices. The breakfast area was sufficiently spacious and well stocked. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in terms of suggesting where to look for lunch spots (go north on Erin Mills Blvd from the hotel and there are several in easy walking distance), and in confirming my plans to walk to the Clarkson GO Station.

Rates at this hotel are perhaps a bit high for a suburban location, but are much more reasonably priced than central city Toronto hotels.

The hotel itself is very easily accessed off the Erin Mills / Southdown exit of the Queen Elizabeth Way (Q. E. W. - or "cue" as per my GPS unit's spoken directions). The hotel is on a two way frontage road on the north side of the Q. E. W, and just west of Erin Mills Boulevard. Upon leaving the hotel, access onto the Q. E. W. is very simple - just turn right on Erin Mills and ramps are on your righthand side for both directions of travel.

The hotel is 1.3 miles from the Clarkson GO station. It appears that weekday parking can be a challenge for the casual user at this GO station. There is bus service along Erin Mills (which becomes Southdown south of the Q. E. W.) which takes one to the Clarkson GO station. These buses appear to run fairly late into the evening. However, the fare, as I read it, is over $3 Canadian one way, so can add up quickly for a group, when combined with the GO train fare. The GO fare to Union Station is $6.55 Canadian as of July 2013 one way and a day pass is the equivalent of two one way fares. For a day of fun in central Toronto, one can pay for a fair number of riders and still not cover the cost differential of the Hampton vs a central Toronto hotel. The GO train ride to Union Station is 30 minutes one way. If you are willing to walk (and I suppose, blessed with good weather), this hotel makes for a good budget option for exploring Toronto, in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member, and this is by far the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at. I stayed here for 8 nights, and encountered many issues. (I could not go to another hotel because I had pre-paid for the entire stay online at the Hilton website to get a better rate.)

The day after we checked-in, we realized that the bed was covered in dead and alive bugs. Then we noticed it was all over the window area as well. (Please see attached photos). We immediately called to ask for another room. The good thing was they were willing to give us another room. The disturbing thing that bothered me the most was the he did not sound surprised at all, and says that this tends to happen in rooms with an a/c unit during weather change such as this. I was shocked that someone would give us a room with an a/c unit when they knew there had been weather changes, and this would happen. Was he waiting to see if we would notice and complain before giving us a room with central a/c? We had a bed full of bugs for 2 days, and potentially 8 days, and they were ok with that?! In a way, they dealt with the issue by moving us to another room, but knowingly putting us in there and causing us inconvenience, and sleeping in a bed full of bugs for a day is completely unacceptable.

The next morning, my mom noticed the shower drain was not draining. We called right away because I needed to have a shower before we headed out for the day. The maintenance person came within a reasonable time, and if he had fixed it immediately, I would probably have considered that acceptable. However, that did not happen. He worked on it for a bit, then told us he would be right back. We believed him, so we waited, even though I needed to get to the shower. He returned, and did some more stuff, then told us again he was sorry and would be back in 5-10 minutes, and that it would be quick because he had poured something in there. He did not return. I had to call a couple more times before he finally came back. And still, he couldn't fix it. By this time, I realized that he just wasn't admitting that he couldn't fix it in a timely manner, and I was going to be late. I called down to get another bathroom to shower so we could head out. We were already running late. They did give me another room, however as you can imagine, grabbing things to go shower in another room when I was already late is not convenient. I thought the whole situation could have been handled better. Housekeeping should have asked maintenance to fix it when the previous people checked out or the person could have told us it would take a while (and giving me the key to another bathroom) and not expect us to wait around while he kept leaving.

Although there was the "clean" note left on the bed, insisting there were fresh clean linens, there was a stain on my duvet cover and pillow (see attached photos). I left a hand written note on the bed pointing to the stains asking them to change all my linens. When we returned that day, the bed was made, the note was gone, and I assumed it was changed. However, the next day, I noticed that they had just hidden it under the pillows, they hasn't changed it. The stain was still there!

Since I figured that housekeeping didn't care about a note pointing to the stain, and officially the clean linen note said that I needed to call to get fresh linens, I asked the front desk to ask them to change my linens, explaining that the note didn't work, but just disappeared. This time, they changed the pillow cases, left the dirty pile on the desk with all our things on it, and again made the bed and hid the stain under the pillows. Again, I didn't realize it till later. I just assumed that since they changed the pillow cases, they finally did the other linens too. Then, I finally asked for a third time that they change my linens, and they finally did the day before I checked-out.

On the last day there, we had just had a long and busy week, and we came back to relax, watch some TV, use the Internet, etc. Shortly after we came back (at approx. 5pm), the TV and Internet suddenly cut out. The bathroom lights and most of the plugs weren't working, but the microwave, alarm clock, and central air was. Since it was not a complete power failure, we weren't sure if it was just our room, or certain circuits. I tried to call the front desk numerous times and no one picked up, and it just went dead after a while. Did they pick up and hang up on me? So I went downstairs to register my complaint. I knew that as a part of the 100% satisfaction guarantee, I needed to let the hotel know so I could give them a chance to fix it - rather than just complain when I checked out. So I walked downstairs to talk to the front desk. He was so distracted, he didn't even notice that someone was banging on a door (for help?) somewhere near the staircase. Anyways, I got his attention, he opened the door for them, and then I told him about my room because I explained that in order to get the 100% satisfaction guarantee, I needed to give the hotel a chance to fix it. He proceeded to his phone call and didn't care, nor did he give me any indication of when it would be fixed. After a long week, not having tv or Internet, or any updates is very frustrating. After 2 hours, my mom called the front desk, and he was extremely rude. He said he won't give us an update and we can call the electricity company directly?!? Why can't he give us an update? He said it was because too many people were calling him. I think it is extremely unprofessional to withhold an update from us when we had waited 2 hours already, told us it was because so many people called him, and really just was rude and uncaring. Then finally he said maybe it would be fixed at 8-9pm?? The whole situation should have been handled in a better and more professional manner. I expected that when I had a few hours to spare in the afternoon at the hotel, that I would have a working TV and Internet, and not a rude person at the front desk who can't even give us an update. I was certainly not 100% satisfied with this, nor did the hotel do anything to fix it when they were informed. Were there other rooms that had power??

At 9pm, I went downstairs for another update, and he played a message on the phone for me. This wasn't very helpful because it said it would be fixed by 8-9pm, and it was already 9. I asked if there was another room because it was too dark to do anything, and he said he could look for one (that would have been nice if he told us earlier there were rooms available with power). But, when I returned to the room, the smoke alarm kept beeping loudly and it was completely intolerable. It went from regular beeping intervals to squeezing like a fire alarm back to loud regular intervals. I called the person at the front desk, and he did not know why. He was more polite than earlier, but just didn't seem to do anything to help. So my mom and I had to leave. It was unbearable. We had no where to go so we drove around for an hour and finally returned after 10pm. The power was finally fixed, and we got Internet about closer towards 11pm. This was certainly an unsatisfactory end to a long week.

To make all this worse, when I checked-out the next day, they refused to honour their 100% satisfaction guarantee. They agreed to give me one free night. They also insisted that the computer was down and would not give me a receipt. They said they would email it to me.

I can't say I was too surprised when they emailed me the receipt and the dates were wrong, the rates were wrong, and even though they gave me "one free night," the total charge was still greater than my entire booking because they over charged me for all the other nights. In addition, my credit card was charged an extra charge that was not shown on the receipt. I was told by Hilton later that it was a no-show charge, which is completely crazy because I checked-in on the day my booking started! Even Hilton corporate could see that on their system.

There were a few more other issues, but the biggest ones are listed above.

I wrote the General Manager with all the issues and he left me a voicemail saying they tried to help me and "went above and beyond," etc. Changing rooms because of bugs is not going above and beyond. They even refused to adjust my rate (even though I booked through the Hilton website and had confirmation emails showing my booking rate!)

I called Hilton's guest assistance and dealt with them on this entire matter. I am so grateful that I am a HH Diamond, and Hilton has been very kind and helpful in dealing with this matter. They have dealt with the hotel with all these issues on my behalf and have given me a compensation that I am very happy with. Thank you Hilton! Although I continue to be a very loyal Hilton customer, and will continue staying at other Hiltons, I will never ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: - Get a room with central A/C to avoid bugs that come through A/C units - 1-Bedroom suites are very...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Warkworth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wonderful people, clean and updated rooms and great facilities. Easy access to 40 3. located near some very good restaurants and shopping. The management and staff are friendly and very ready to make your stay as comfortable and uneventful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great location, clean, comfy beds- and the staff is friendly and helpful- would definitely stay there again. A bargain in very pricey Toronto! Close to the QEW and most major highways and a 5-minute drive to beautiful downtown Old Oakville. Lots to see and do in that area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Debbie

Been to Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West? Share your experiences!