“Best Sleep, Park and Fly Yet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Airport West

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Airport West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Airport West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Matheson Boulevard at Dixie, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 3Z4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
St. Marys, Ontario
“Best Sleep, Park and Fly Yet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent service, very friendly staff. Location was a little far from the airport, but the shuttle was quite efficient. We only had to wait 15 min at the end of our trip, and it was bad weather. Room was clean and comfortable, parking quite convenient compared to some of the bigger hotels. Breakfast was standard fare, but fit the bill. Definitley our best park sleep and fly experience yet. Would definitely recommend and will certainly use next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport West, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear llamafarmer,

Thank you for submitting you recent comments on your stay with us. We are glad that your experience went well. We are continuing to perfect our park and fly service year over year, to make sure every guest has an experience such as yours. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Take care.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Barrie,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We chose this hotel as our before flight accommodation plus the parking option. The shuttle - service was excellent - only a 2 minute wait at the airport on our return. Welcoming staff, clean rooms, all we needed before taking off to our South destination.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport West, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mil B,

The Management and staff wanted to take a moment to thank you for leaving your comments. Your feedback allows us to measure how we are performing. We are glad that your stay was comfortable, clean, and prompt. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in town overnight to avoid a long commute. I booked the room online at an advanced rate with my caa membership.

The renovations done to date looks fab, I hope they will continue to renovate the rest of the rooms.

The staff was pleasant friendly, I had a small matter and they resolved it in seconds.

I will go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport West, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Sandra M.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your great comments. I am glad that your overall stay was a positive one. I hope you enjoy the holiday season, and see you in the new year. Take care.
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the room had a microwave, tea, coffee, icebox etc. Nothing special though. Yes, all the staff were very friendly and helpful! Pretty near the airport with a convenient shuttle from the airport. Like me if you're tired after a long flight and want to crash in a hotel I would recommend here. I think I would stay here again!

PS. Unfortunately there are no elevators but they do have a storage space for luggage you don't want to bring up to your room!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
comfort123, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport West, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Hobbesf,

Your comments were very nice, thank you for responding. Your comments give us an accurate measure of how our hotel is performing. Come checkout some of our newly renovated product on your next stay! Take care.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

After flying/waiting in airports most of previous day and then all night (having missed a connection in Vancouver due to airline problem), we arrived at 7 a.m. tired, hungry and facing a five hour drive home. The hotel's TLC started with the shuttle driver who advised us to explain our situation during check-in to see how hotel could help us out. "Pat" at check-in extended our room time until 12:30 so that we could have a decent nap before driving, then gave us a voucher to have a free breakfast at the hotel restaurant (which also opened their doors early for us and a couple other weary travellers) so that we could have a bite to eat before heading to our room. Wow! The room was standard (OK), but we will certainly use this hotel in the future because of their kind and caring attitude towards travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PatandPatCarey,

Thank you for taking the time out to put these wonderful comments online, we appreciate it. I am glad to hear that your stay was positive and that everyone treated you well. I will give my regards on your behalf to Pat and the restaurant staff. Thank you and see you soon!!
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a newly remodelled suite on the ground floor and except for the fact that the kitchenette had no dishes or utensils, we quite liked it. We did inform the hotel about this lack and they said they would take it under advisement. I hope they do. Our feeling is that there is no point in advertising a kitchenette with the suite if there are no dishes or utensils. We got some from the Golden Griddle restaurant attached to the hotel for a $30.00 deposit which we got back when we returned the dishes and utensils after our three day stay - great staff at that restaurant, btw. Had it been stated on-line that there were no dishes or utensils we could have brought our own. Normally when we go to Mississauga which we do at least once monthly, we stay at the Residence Inn on Creekbank and their suites do have dishes and utensils. Nevertheless, we liked our suite at the Comfort Inn and the convenience of being able to park outside the room. (A small table for eating would also be something to consider.)

With the suite, one gets a voucher for breakfast at the Golden Griddle. We were not informed of this at check-in time and the next morning had to phone and ask if there was a breakfast as there usually is at all Comfort Inns we have stayed at. We were told then that we had to go to the front desk to pick up a voucher. I don't know why we weren't given this at check-in or why we had to go pick up a voucher each morning as opposed to be given three when we checked in.

While we were there, there was an incidence involving a death and we did not think the front desk staff handled it well in advising us of the problem and the need to evacuate. I am sure it is because they were feling stressed and don't usually have to deal with this sort of incident on a regular basis, but they need some training in this regard. There is a way of telling someone of the need to evacuate even if they can't say why and certainly some direction would have been useful. The woman who phoned me I found to be rude, but perhaps she was feeling some stress and panic. I was left not knowing whether to evacuate through the patio door or the hall door and this would have been important if it had been a fire, a gas leak in the area of the building I was in, or a crazed gunman in the hallway. I seemed to be alone in my area of the building and was unsure which way to evacuate and not knowing what was going on, even to a small degree, stressed me. I guess I am the type who can deal better with situations if I am aware of what is happening or, at the very least, have some clue. Nowadays, some training in this type of situation is important for the safety of everyone involved. We were eventually provided with a bottle of water as we sat in the hot sun, but that was all that was offered in the way of compensation. We did not, however, ask for anything else. We did feel bad that the staff had to go through this. It must have been very stressful for them.

The housekeeping staff and the person who seemed to be their supervisor were terrific, especially after the evacuation. I can't say enough about them. The front desk staff should take a page from their book.

On the whole, although the front desk staff are not nearly as friendly and inefficient as the staff at the Residence Inn, we would return, bringing our own dishes this time. Great bed, nice large space and very clean and well-maintained. I hope the suggestions made are serioulsy considered.

Room Tip: The newly-remodelled suites are very spacious and the beds are great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

One of those places that could be anywhere in North America, and any budget brand. The AC was extremely noisy and you couldn't regulate it, otherwise it was an OK place for USD 75 a night. No major complaints but also no raves .

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport West, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear jochenm,

Thanks for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our facility. We are glad that your view of our hotel was positive. The hotel is situated in an excellent location, making it convenient to a number of amenities. We have recently done an extensive renovation, adding some deluxe rooms with a much more updated look and furnishings. We would be glad for you to try one out on your next stay. Take care.

Been to Comfort Inn Airport West? Share your experiences!