“what a treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“what a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went here for dinner last Wednesday (22-Aug) with a girl friend who actually recommended the place. Never been here and check the menu on website so I'll be ready and can actually spend more time catching up with my friend. This restaurant was indeed a surprise and delight for me. I am not a big fan of Japanese food but the restaurant offers a variety of menu to accomodate everyone taste and food prefrence (not a sushi fan). This restaurant actually even have a menu for vegetarian people. Restaurant decor was nice and clean. Staff was efficient and very accomodating to us for my friend and I stayed till closing and they were very polite even though the place was busy. Food was great as in generous in portion. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and I am actually excited to bring my family so definitely will come back. The price was great and affordable as well. Good value for your money.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I really liked the restaurant . Very efficient service and nice ambience. Only problem i had was that it was very busy and I felt that staff just wanted us to eat and get out as soon as we were done. I will visit again.

• Visited May 2012
Canada
“Welcoming, diverse Japanese food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Table dining offers friendly servers doubling and tripling up to accommodate guests. (shared tips).
Some very reasonable, authentic choices - Donburi, some Bento boxes - as well as a variety of western sushi adaptations. A full dinner for two - including edamame, tea, salad, miso, entreée and ice cream - try the red bean- for $25
At the cooking tables, good food prepared while you watch, but the show can be theatrical, and corny. They do great things with lobster very reasonably.

This is our favourite neighbourhood Jspanese place (much more than just sushi), and we've never had to wait for a table.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Value vs. Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Saturday March 3rd was my 6th time I've been to Tako Sushi. The menu and prices have pretty much stayed the same so you still get good value for your money. What has changed is the atmosphere.

The tepanyaki tables used to be a big hit as the cooks would put on a big show as they cooked and served up your food. I went with 15 other family members for a wedding anniversary celebration. We were squeezed in tighter than what was normally comfortable but since it was all family we went along with feeling like sardines in a can. The cooks merely went through the mechanical motions of cooking the food -- missing the big show they used to put on. They used flare up the food, toss it in the air and have it land on your plate, chop food on the grill and spin it around, chat with the patrons, juggle the spatulas, plates and food and really entertain you.

Perhaps it was an off night or perhaps due to safety reasons they no longer put on a show. I will return.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Good Japanese tappanyaki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We visited the don mills location in toronto for a tappanyaki dinner. It was a wonderful experience. Great food and very entertaining. The chef cooked all the food in front of us. He even performed tricks while he cooked our food (like the onion fire pyramid). The menu was fairly priced. We had a surf and turf combo. My whole family were very satisfied and full after the meal. Would definitely go back in the near future.

• Visited January 2012