“They're working on it...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6257 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada (Formerly Days Hotel Toronto Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 58 hotels in Mississauga
Niagara
“They're working on it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The rooms here are very clean, shower is great, coffee for you to enjoy when you wake up. There isn't a complimentary breakfast like most hotels and the breakfast buffet in the hotel is quite expensive on the weekends - $22. We did have lunch here and it was very good. I had the hambuger which was huge and I couldn't finish it. My husband had the bruschetta and enjoyed it very much as well.

There definately were issues with the front desk and most of the staff as far as people skills go. I would like to give credit and thanks to Jason, The Front Office Manager for his professionalism and concern and who recognizes and is going to make the guests first phylosophy more apparent in the future. It's so nice to see that there are some people that genuinely still care about the customer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi goertztari,

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

Your feedback has been very valuable to us.

See you again soon,

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am saddened that I have to write this review. I am not a spiteful person but the service my group and I received was just horrible. As another review mentioned, in beginning March, we arrived in Toronto and called to make reservations for a room. We had to wait an hour before the shuttle passed by to pick us up. We were told it was going to take 30 minutes, yet after the 30 minutes of wait, we finally saw the shuttle for four points by sheraton 6527 Airport Road. We walked towards the shuttle and we found ourselves literally running after it. The shuttle did not stop and people were running after a shuttle. So, we thought it would turn back around, but no, it did not come back, so I decided to call the hotel and I was basically told that I am lying. (Even though there were other guests who had the exact same problem). I called at 1:43am and we got to the hotel at 2:15am!
We were furious with the wait and to top it off, we had to be back at the airport at 6am. We had wasted an hour of our time, mind you one of the people waiting was also pregnant, and we asked for a rebate. They did not want to give us a rebate on the room, which was ridiculous since it just doesn't make sense to pay over 200 dollars for 4 hours! Apparently, this hotel does not have a NIGHT MANAGER. Any hotel should have a night manager, it does not make sense that the employees just answer the customers "I can't do anything"! The woman and the man that were working that night of March 4th were not helpful at all and they made us waste even more time. We canceled our stay and left.
We were very disappointed because coming from Montreal and having traveled to many different cities and having stayed at many different hotels, NEVER have we seen bad service to this point. To be careless and indifferent whether or not they win or lose customers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi MissesMaria,

Thanks for the feedback you have provided.

We sincerely apologize if your group missed our shuttle. We did send the shuttle back to pick you up, but due to the design of the roads going into and out of the terminals, it takes a while for the shuttle to return.

I understand that you did not want to pay for your stay because of the length of time you would have been in the hotel, but due to your reservation being made through a third party agent, it reduces our flexibility refund you. We did however, have a conversation with your booking company, who agreed to rebate you.

Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Ugh! I just lost my detailed review on this hotel, so here's the shorter version.

Hotel is pretty close to the airport but it was still a good 10-15 min drive because of all the loops. There's another four points that's really across the street from the airport so make sure you have the right one.

Check in a was slow. They had a nice big lobby and restaurant on the main floor. I was disappointed that the room was small and housekeeping could have work on the room a little bit more. The bathroom was bright and everything was in a shower dispenser except for the lotion and a bar of soap.

The linens were very thin and here was my beef, since it was thin and they didn't have white sheets in between the duvet, I asked the housekeeper when I was walking the hallway if she could give me a couple of flat sheets and extra pillowcases. She looked at me suspiciously and asked why I needed it. I told her that I wanted a thicker bedding and would like to use it in between the duvet. She said that she couldn't do it coz she won't have enough for the other rooms!? Wow!! Didn't know sheets were a commodity in Toronto. Worse was just her attitude. I just left it and called housekeeping that night and was given what I needed.

Given the dusty and thin linens and snotty attitude and the numerous hotels in the area and there's not much around, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hi Anoini2,

Thanks for staying with us at the Four Points Toronto Airport. It’s great to receive feedback regarding your stay.

We are expecting to be refreshing all of our bedding to the new all white Four Points bedding in the fall. I do apologize if our current bedding fell below your expectations.

Your comment regarding your interaction with our housekeeper is concerning. Could you please contact our Executive Housekeeper, Fluturie Rocovitis (fluturie.rocovitis@fourpointstorontoairport.com) to discuss your encounter? You can also call her at 1-800-565-5769. This certainly is not reflective of the great service we provide here at the Four Points Toronto Airport.

jason.goulding@fourpointstorontoairport.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

For business, being able to rely on transportations schedules is critical. Time really is valuable. After landing at 11:22, I stood at the outside hotel shuttle stand for 45 minutes waiting for the hotel shuttle. Granted, there were other people that had hotel shuttle issues from other hotels, so . But what I did notice is that the Hilton, DoubleTree, and Holiday shuttles came by 2-3 times before I saw the Four Points. Clearly, these hotels are addressing the shuttle issue and providing timely shuttle service. Toronto in the winter is not where you want to be waiting 45 minutes for a shuttle.

Both the driver and front desk took no personal responsilbity or interest in the service.

I will not visit this hotel again, and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hi JKStafford,

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback regarding your recent stay. I have also received your post-stay survey. I did reach out to you by email after your departure but have not received a response.

It’s disappointing that we did not meet your expectations regarding our airport shuttle and apologize for any inconvenience. You may have seen a couple of other hotel shuttles twice during your wait for ours. Some of the larger hotels in the area run at a higher frequency due to their demand. For us, we strive to maintain a 30 minute schedule.

I do trust that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

jason.goulding@fourpointstorontoairport.com
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stay here quite often, and it's usually for business. The hotel is directly across the street from terminal 3 at Toronto's Pearson Airport. They have a complimentary shuttle service, however, the hotel is so close, if the weather is nice, I just walk across the street and I'm there (as you walk out of the airport, just follow the walkway to the left and you will see the hotel across the street - 5 min max). They have a restaurant, your choice of continental or hot buffet-style breakfast, they also have a small gym and an indoor pool onsite. Usually check-in is quick and courteous, and since I'm there a lot, it's nice to be recognized by the friendly staff. No complaints here.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is not near the elevator as it can be noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi MsTraveller001,

Thanks for the great review you have provided about our hotel. It’s great to hear that you found our location very convenient to the airport, enjoyed our amenities and found the staff to be fast and friendly.

See you again soon when you’re next in the area.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

With my Wednesday morning flight canceled, I scrambled and flew into Toronto Tuesday night instead so I wouldn't miss my morning meeting.

Change flight - check
Change rental car - check
Book hotel near airport for one night - check. Or so I thought.

In my rush, I didn't get a confirmation from the website and was out the door.

A few hours later I show up to the hotel, and there's no reservation for me. Luckily, Archie met me at the front desk. He called the other local Four Points hotels, and nope, I wasn't supposed to be there either. So, despite the sold-out status of the hotel, he worked some magic and found me a room. And while he was in a position to charge a lot for the last minute booking, he gave me a thoroughly reasonable rate. Fantastic service.

The room was fine. Incredibly comfortable bed. Big TV. Free internet - with good speed. Otherwise the room was a little dated, but otherwise more than acceptable. The hallways and carpets (and drop ceilings) could be updated.

The bathroom was a bit annoying. They put in the curved shower curtain rod, which prevents the door from opening all the way. Good shower pressure, and they have the soap, conditioner and shampoo in dispensers on the wall. Very green idea.

The gym was a bit out of the way. You go to the lobby, go down the stairs to the pool, go down stairs from the pool and you find doors marked men and women. Through your door you go through the locker room and get to the gym. Plenty big and decently stocked - with new LifeFitness cardio machines - I was the only one there. Please inflate the balls.

If I need a hotel near YYZ, I'll go back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi MattNY

It’s great to read such a fantastic review of our hotel. Thanks for taking the time to share with fellow travellers here on trip advisor.

Although your reservation was not found at our hotel, I am very pleased that through the excellent customer service demonstrated by one of our front desk agents, we were able to accommodate your needs for the evening.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed two nights during the summer months. The rooms are very nice, bed was excellent and the common areas are well kept, but the staff needs some training. When we checked in, there was no one at the desk. The very nice bartender searched but couldn't find anyone for me so I had to wait until someone came out, maybe five minutes. The woman that finally came out said about three words (credit card please, or something like that) as she checked me in. At checkout, same thing, almost no conversation. The hotel does not look like the photo here, but it's easy to see. This is an airport business area so there's nothing to see and not many restaurants; getting to the hotel can be a challenge--use their directions, not your GPS.

Room Tip: Very few restaurants around here, scout out places before you check-in.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi JoeSetta

Thanks for taking the time to share your review here on trip advisor

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room and found the bed comfortable.

It is disappointing to read that you did not experience the prompt efficient service we are known for at our hotel. Please contact me directly so I can pinpoint the date and time of check-in. Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!