“Good hotel, reasonably priced, excellent staff, poor wines” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport

You added Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6257 Airport Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E4, Canada (Formerly Days Hotel Toronto Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Vancouver, Canada
“Good hotel, reasonably priced, excellent staff, poor wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I use this hotel quite a lot as it is well placed for the airport (though the bus could be quicker in picking you up). Can even walk into the terminals if you want. Staff are always pleasent and obliging. Rooms are good. The only downside is the limited quality of the restaurant foods and the very cheap and nasty wines that they have available. If you can put up with this then a good place to stay if you are flying or working locally. Unfortunately this is one of those hotels that also sting you for parking a car as well as buying a room. Shame on them.

Room Tip: Good hotel and staff. Use the shuttle bus rather than pay to park your car. Eat elsewhere (if ther...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Chose the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport because the 1st day's seminar venue was in the same hotel, while the 2nd day's venue was at the International Centre. Free airport/ hotel shuttle ride was every 30 mins., so it was really convenient. People at the front desk were very courteous and helpful. Our room, w/ 2 queen beds, was very clean, including the T&B. The free high-speed wireless Internet was a joy to use - really fast! And best of all, the De Maples restaurant at the lobby offered great buffet breakfast at a very reasonable price, while lunch and dinner were great as well. Definitely coming back, and recommended!

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in transit on our way down south, for 1 night, back in June 2011.

I've stayed at this hotel twice, and both times it was while being stuck in Toronto. The location is very close to the airport (free shuttle). The hotel lobby is nice but basic, the hotel has a very modern look and feel (new / renovated). Staff are very curteous and friendly (they lent us an umbrella while it was raining), and there's a business centre on the main floor with free access to internet.

The room was comfortable and fairly spacious; bathroom was basic but neat and tidy. We did not stay long enough to take advantage of any other facilities of the hotel.

The one downside of this hotel is that there's not much in the immediate vicinity. We were stuck without a car, and we walked 10 minutes down an industrial road to get to the nearest fast food place (Subway). As I say, the stay here was not planned, in both cases, so if you do stay here, you're better off with a car.

In general the hotel was what I expected of a Four Points (which I happen to like very much).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We chose The Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport for several reasons. The location is perfect, right accross from Terminal 3, and offered a package including ON SITE PARKING. It was only a few steps from the hotel to our car, and could easily pop back to the car to store our winter coats and over-night bag before leaving for the airport. Some hotels offer the free parking, but check to see if you can park at the hotel...we have been shocked several times when I had to drive the car to a parking field a mile away, then have to shuttle back to the hotel.
The shuttle was on time both coming and going to the airport. TAKE NOTE...there is another Four Points by Sheraton in Mississauga. One couple got on our Shuttle and ended up at the wrong hotel. The driver did announce "Four Points Airport Road".
We used the pool and hot tub. Hot tub could have been hotter! The day after our stay they were closing the pool area for a fresh coat of paint (it truly needed it). Also as a bit of a green thumb, I was surprised to see several dead, and I mean dead plants in the planters around the pool. I hope the manager tended to this after the painting was done.
The room was clean and offered free internet. I thought for the price we paid, the rooms would have been upgraded with Flat Screen TV by now.
Had room service (pizza and wings) and they were hot and tastey. In the morning our coffee pot would not work, I called down to the desk, and a new one arrived within 5 minutes.

Would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in a non-adjoining room. Could not hear airport noise...but beware, the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear OlaOntario,

I wish to thank you for the compliments and great feedback you have provided both us and your fellow travellers.

Just to anounce that we have just installed new 42" flat screen televisions which has certainly been welcomed by many of our loyal guests!

See you again soon when you visit the Toronto Airport area in the near future.

Best regards,

Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I chose to park at the hotel while traveling because the hotel was about the same cost as paying for a park and fly, and the hotel lets you park for free. I found the lobby to be quite basic, but the room was very nice. I had a king size bed on the SPG floor, there was a party in the next room and the staff had to be alerted several times before the party was dissipated. The hotel is located across the street from terminal 3 so I could walk to the airport. They also offer a free shuttle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear JamesPharm,

Thank you for reviewing the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have noted your comments regarding the level of disturbance coming from the hall and would like to apologize for these occurrences. We know how frustrating and disappointing it can be when you have a few minutes to relax and your expectations are not met. We assure you that our Staff responds to all noise occurrences and usually resolves the situations promptly. We hope you will give us another chance to show our true level of service.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport in the future.

Yours sincerely

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was a bit leery before my business trip, having read some not too shining reviews, but...after three nights in early February I came away from this hotel completely satisfied. Every staff member I dealt with, from the dining room, to the front desk to the bar, was extremely friendly and helpful. Having never stayed in the area before I was full of questions and every one of them was answered with a smile and accurate information. The hotel was very clean and orderly and my room, with a single queen bed, was spacious and comfortable. The location was great for me - right across from Pearson Airport and, with stop lights on the corner, entry and exit to the grounds was a breeze. I did not have an opportunity to use their airport shuttle but it seemed to be at the ready whenever I found myself in the lobby area.

Sound insulation in the building must be quite good because I rarely heard anyone else in their room, even though the parking lot was full and I presumed the hotel was also. Even being right across from the airport I rarely heard any airplane noise, aside from muffled rumbling in the background. I was quite impressed with the quiet and slept soundly each night. The bed was comfy and warm with a nice duvet and lots of fluffy pillows. I had the breakfast buffet each morning and it was very well stocked with a variety of hot dishes, an eggs to order station with a chef, assorted fresh fruit (I love my fresh pineapple!), cold cereals, muffins, bread, danish and even Activia yogurts! I HAVE to start my day off with a good breakfast and I was not disappointed. The bottomless coffee cup was a nice treat as well. Daily newspapers were also available at numerous locations throughout the hotel. I used the business centre a couple of times and it is conveniently located in the lobby and seems to be well equipped, even with a couple of comfy lounge chairs!

Each morning I had a nice 25 minute walk to The International Centre, about 2km down the road. Overall I had a very nice, relaxing stay at this property and would not hesitate to recommend it. It may be better suited to business trips than a family outing but there is a nice indoor pool for guests to enjoy and family things to do seem to be just a short drive away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
FPSTA, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Doug G

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

We are definitely looking forward to your return, and thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport!

england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

PROS:staff was helpful, courteous and responsive
CONS: I used 14,000 aeroplan points to book this hotel. I was going to book a cheap 3 star hotel online that would be the equal to about 5000 points but I wanted a nice hotel so i decided to use my points. BIG mistake!

This hotel is in a 2-star category-no more.
Room is very small, drab.
Wireless access(at least where I was situated) was virtually non-existant.
I checked the mattress for bedbugs- none-great but the mattress pad was covered in hair- not mine. House keeping was kind enough to change it.
There were also a few hairs in the bath -not mine- they picked those out. Thanks.
Flat screen tv? Forget it.
Every time someone took a shower or flushed toilet -I heard it.
The heating system was one of those noisy fan types.

Everything else was fine except that this hotel was such incredibly poor value for the cost.

Thinking of staying here?
Don't waste your money!

Dear thai4006

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay

I was sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport and in turn, would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards.

In order for me to investigate the issue of poor wireless internet access, I will need to to contact me personally so that I can identify the location of your guest room. I would also like to look at the heating system in your room to ensure that it is operating correctly.

Please contact me at: jason.goulding@fourpointstorontoairport.com

I am very pleased to announce that we are in the process of installing our new 42" flat screen TV's into our rooms. This conversion will happen over the next month or so. We have already put them into our rooms on our Starwood Preferred Guest floor!

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to Four Points by Sheraton in the future.

Yours sincerely

Jason.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!